Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

Technical problems like synchronization between picture and sound, problems with the subtitles, extras, menus... Also they send back like "Beauty and the Beast" BD.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Haralampos wrote:
Lnds500 wrote:And the site founded by Blu-ray fan.
It's not trusted.
It's an e-shop. What does that have to do with been a fan site? it's perfectly trustworthy. You really base your evaluation on the covers of the shop? the greek covers are not there yet because the movies are not out yet, they probably don't even have them for display. both Tarzan and The Fox and the Hound have the greek covers.

Technical problems like synchronization between picture and sound.
yeah, which disc had sync problems? i haven't come across one yet. The discs are produced by Disney (many other countries will get the same disc we'll get). Sony Hellas just distributes them in Greece.
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

It's an e-shop. What does that have to do with been a fan site? it's perfectly trustworthy. You really base your evaluation on the covers of the shop? the greek covers are not there yet because the movies are not out yet, they probably don't even have them for display. both Tarzan and The Fox and the Hound have the greek covers.
Have the greek covers after the release with a transparent logo of the site and java graphics. I'l remember this site have "Dinosaur" with greek language and after 2 years they put out from the catalogue, even "Alice in Wonderland". Anyway, It's my opinion..
yeah, which disc had sync problems? i haven't come across one yet. The discs are produced by Disney (many other countries will get the same disc we'll get). Sony Hellas just distributes them in Greece.
The first 'printing' of "Bambi" release have sync problems, and also about the SHEH they changed some things sometimes for greek release and it's not languages only.
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

Greek covers:

Image Image
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Disney Movie Club has Pocahontas 2 movie collection coming out July 3rd in America.

monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

BLARF why are there two Pocahontas's on one cover

Thanks for sharing though! Pocahontas is one of my favorites, I'll definitely be picking this one up.
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

If I can get it for pretty cheap, I will, but the lack of "If I Never Knew You" is REALLY close to a dealbreaker. Not to mention the Virtual Vault bullshit again.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

DancingCrab wrote:Disney Movie Club has Pocahontas 2 movie collection coming out July 3rd in America.
Funny that its going to be released the day before the 4th.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

SpringHeelJack wrote:If I can get it for pretty cheap, I will, but the lack of "If I Never Knew You" is REALLY close to a dealbreaker. Not to mention the Virtual Vault bullshit again.
Same here. It's probably my second or third favorite DAC, but the decision to leave out this song really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I really can't stand that it's not there. It pains me that one of my favorite DAC's may be the first Blu-rays I pass on all together.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

singerguy04 wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote:If I can get it for pretty cheap, I will, but the lack of "If I Never Knew You" is REALLY close to a dealbreaker. Not to mention the Virtual Vault bullshit again.
Same here. It's probably my second or third favorite DAC, but the decision to leave out this song really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I really can't stand that it's not there. It pains me that one of my favorite DAC's may be the first Blu-rays I pass on all together.
Ouch. I'm not anal about extras anymore and I'm not even big on complaining as the releases seem to get crappier and crappier treatment, but I do want the movie in HD. The entire movie in HD. They're screwing us over, plain and simple. I've no plans for spending my money on Pocahontas unless they eventually release a new special edition with the added song, which they'd probably only do as a last resort in an attempt to get Blu-ray buyers to double-dip. :roll:
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Does anyone know if the HD version available to rent on iTunes right now has If I Never Knew You?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

SWillie! wrote:Does anyone know if the HD version available to rent on iTunes right now has If I Never Knew You?
Check the running time
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

1:21:06 - I think that means yes, but I'm not sure.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:1:21:06 - I think that means yes, but I'm not sure.
Looks like a no. From the imdb page: Runtime: 81 min  | USA: 84 min (10th Anniversary edition)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

enigmawing wrote:I'm not anal about extras anymore and I'm not even big on complaining as the releases seem to get crappier and crappier treatment, but I do want the movie in HD. The entire movie in HD. They're screwing us over, plain and simple.
At least the "If I Never Knew You" sequence is available on the disc in HD even if it's just as a supplement. However, the reprise is nowhere to be found. :shock: Did they just forget about it? :?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Having "If I Never Knew You" as an extra doesn't cut it at all for me. The resprise being excluded completely from the set is rubbing salt into the wound. The film significantly changes for the worse without this sequence. Without it, their romance is never solidified and seems flaky at best. I literally cannot believe why anyone at Disney thinks ever releasing this film without the song again is a good idea. It's just flat out one of the dumbest decisions the company has made for any released home media to date.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Well, to give an honest rebuttal from Disney's point of view here - in literally every other circumstance, fans complain to no end whenever the absolute original theatrical cut is not presented. I agree, it should be an option. But I'm sure that's the reasoning.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

I agree that it should always be available as an option and people never forced to only ever own the extended version (like Star Wars, which can't get through one home video release without MORE changes from the theatrical editions).

The thing that separates Pocahontas from Lion King & BatB for me, is that this scene was almost complete and cut at the last minute, so it has more clout than Human Again which was replaced for artistic reasons, and Morning Report which was added for no logical reason from the Broadway show.

I was bummed back in 1995 that the song was cut, and I'm bummed now that it's been cut AGAIN, only to be returned in the inevitable re-release years from now, so they can spout off "For the FIRST time ever on Blu-ray" kind of crap. Although, by then, I'll be surprised if they are even pushing hard copy media to consumers anymore.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I was already familiar with "Human Again" before the Broadway show existed, and was happy to see it added into Beauty and the Beast (although I imagine I'm in the minority here on that one). As for "Morning Report," I can't really stand it and was happy that it wasn't a requirement when watching the DVD. And now we're dealing with "If I Never Knew You" not being an option for the seamless branching for the Blu-ray. The point is that leaving it as an option would keep everyone happy as they could view their preferred version. Forcing one version or the other is bound to tick off a few people.

I was also disappointed to see it pulled from the film before completion back in the day, and anxiously waited years to hear the film version of the song (and not just the pop version). Hell, I even went out of my way to buy a region 2 DVD several years back just so I could see the sequence in pencil test form and finally hear the song (since for whatever reason it was never released in R1), so you can imagine how ecstatic I was when it was later announced that it was fully completed and added back into the film like originally intended.

And now it's just a bonus feature, and they're not even including the reprise?

Seriously, WTF Disney! :headshake: What was the point of completing the animation if you're not even going to include it as part of the film anymore? :roll:
Last edited by Elladorine on Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

SWillie! wrote:Does anyone know if the HD version available to rent on iTunes right now has If I Never Knew You?
I have the iTunes version. Just checked for you and I'm afraid no, it's not there.