Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Wow. I knew this release wasn't going to be great, but this looks far more dismal than I imagined. I'll definitely be hanging on to the 10th Anniversary DVD, but I'll pick this up, too, for the video and audio quality (and with Swagbucks I'll be getting it for next to nothing anyway).
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mcGJDcPVZfs" frameborder="0"></iframe>
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I haven't watched Poca in a long time. Even from that Youtube clip, the animation looks so luscious. I want to see it in HD.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Jules wrote:I haven't watched Poca in a long time. Even from that Youtube clip, the animation looks so luscious. I want to see it in HD.
Me either, and I only ever owned it on VHS so the Blu-ray is probably going to blow my mind.

Did anyone else pre-order it through Disney Movie Club? I just signed up last month so I was happy to see I could get it a month early through the club! Hopefully the 7/3 release date is not a mistake, they aren't promoting it like they did with The Fox and the Hound when that was exclusive to the club at first.
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

MJW wrote:Did anyone else pre-order it through Disney Movie Club? I just signed up last month so I was happy to see I could get it a month early through the club! Hopefully the 7/3 release date is not a mistake, they aren't promoting it like they did with The Fox and the Hound when that was exclusive to the club at first.
I think I'm going to preorder through DMC. I keep forgetting that I have to fulfill that original sign up commitment. :P I didn't realize they had an earlier date listed.. that would be great.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

I preordered though DMC last week. Not sure how they do preorders, so hopefully it ships early and arrives around the 3rd.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Patrick wrote:
MJW wrote:I think I'm going to preorder through DMC. I keep forgetting that I have to fulfill that original sign up commitment. :P I didn't realize they had an earlier date listed.. that would be great.
Yeah, and even though Pocahontas is $24.95, the catalog I got in the mail says it counts as a full priced title.
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

I just got my copy of the Thai version of Pocahontas and it is pretty freaking awesome! The runtime says 154 minutes, so I think the sequel IS on the disc but its not mentioned anywhere on the cover or back. I'll have to get back with a full report. Here are some pictures of the set:

Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

abenotgabe wrote:I just got my copy of the Thai version of Pocahontas and it is pretty freaking awesome! The runtime says 154 minutes, so I think the sequel IS on the disc but its not mentioned anywhere on the cover or back.
It's not. They just forgot to change the running time on the cover.
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

Scamander wrote:
abenotgabe wrote:I just got my copy of the Thai version of Pocahontas and it is pretty freaking awesome! The runtime says 154 minutes, so I think the sequel IS on the disc but its not mentioned anywhere on the cover or back.
It's not. They just forgot to change the running time on the cover.
Pocahontas II is on the disc, and this edition also includes the commentary (which is also not noted on the special features). Check it out:

DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

:lol: nice.

How do I get a hold of one of those?
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

DancingCrab wrote::lol: nice.

How do I get a hold of one of those?
It was sold out on all the Thai websites I found, so I did a trade with a fellow member on blu-ray.com. He special ordered it for me.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Wow, so Thailand has the best version :D
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

and I guess this is the LaserDisc Audio Commentary, right?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Lnds500 wrote:and I guess this is the LaserDisc Audio Commentary, right?
If it is the Thai version, I doubt it. Because the LaserDisc Commentary had the directors, the producer, including Alan Menken, Stephen Schwartz, the art director and one of the writers.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Forgive me if this is already answered, but will the two pack collection be coming out in the UK ?

I know they stagger their two pack releases over here (like Lady & the Tramp), so I was wondering if it would be released here ? Part 2 is already availiable on DVD though...
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Forgive me if this is already answered, but will the two pack collection be coming out in the UK ?

I know they stagger their two pack releases over here (like Lady & the Tramp), so I was wondering if it would be released here ? Part 2 is already availiable on DVD though...
we don't know yet. Fox and the Hound 2 was not released as well (which is unusual). Both have seen releases in other parts of Europe though (Germany even got bundles).
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I wonder who has the say-so in what does/does not get released in each part of the world, and how they determine what would benifit from release and what doesnt.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

It's Disney Burbank actually.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I wonder if a Disney fan actually ran that part of the company, how different the releases be ?

Bonus features and cover art would be the first to be altered !