Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

Thumper_93 wrote:
kenai3000 wrote: Woah Tony Cruz died or are you talking about the speaking voice?
i'm talking about Tony Cruz T.T
He was such a good Jack in Nightmare Before Christmas.
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

Pocahontas 1 & 2 are been released together on Blu-Ray in Australia on 29th February 2012.

I really hope the movies will be released separately in other regions. But I expect the forced bundle with effect all regions, judging by their previous Fox and the Hound 1 & 2 Blu-Ray release.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

WHY are Disney plonking all their sequels together with the originals ?! I thought Disney HATED them ? Or John lasseter anyway.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Kirben wrote:Pocahontas 1 & 2 are been released together on Blu-Ray in Australia on 29th February 2012.
In that link they provide you with cover art, Do you know if it's the official cover art for that region? If so, then the cover art makes no mention of the sequel and if they are going to combine the releases I wouldn't mind if the release looked that way.

I feel as though the sequel should be included in these sets, but treated purely as a special feature. They shouldn't be mentioned or referenced on the cover art at all. The main focus should be the original film. There shouldn't be any shared spot light on the cover at all. Of course, the best option is to have them separate, but if we can't get that then this is a nice ultimatum.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

That is almost certainly placeholder art, don't worry ! It's taken from the Gold Cellection release in R2.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

singerguy04 wrote:
Kirben wrote:Pocahontas 1 & 2 are been released together on Blu-Ray in Australia on 29th February 2012.
In that link they provide you with cover art, Do you know if it's the official cover art for that region? If so, then the cover art makes no mention of the sequel and if they are going to combine the releases I wouldn't mind if the release looked that way.

I feel as though the sequel should be included in these sets, but treated purely as a special feature. They shouldn't be mentioned or referenced on the cover art at all. The main focus should be the original film. There shouldn't be any shared spot light on the cover at all. Of course, the best option is to have them separate, but if we can't get that then this is a nice ultimatum.
Lol, but why other than pleasing hardcore purists would they do that? To minimise sales? I don't like it either (makes the bluray more expensive, and FATH lost its bonus DVDs in my region), but from a marketing perspective it sounds like a joke.

At least they are keeping the DE titles separate from their sequels (with combo packs for those who desire so).
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Sometimes I think Disney don't treat their own back catalogue with the respect it deserves ....
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

singerguy04 wrote:

Let's hope they do only put P2 on as a (less than) special feature just like the AWFUL Bartok became a special feature on the recent edition of Anastasia on blu.

Yes, I like Anastasia...a lot!

Matt
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

singerguy04 wrote:
No, that would be older cover art, they are using as a temporary place holder, since a UK ratings logo is shown.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Hence why I said it was from the R2 Gold Collection release :)
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Either way, I really hope the Blu ray edition of Pocahontas will contain the bonus features which didn't appear on the dvd; The original audio commentary with directors, art director AND composer, some deleted scenes, ect. But I doubt it will happen.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Someone posted this on the Blu-ray.com forums:

I think its fan made and will be surprised if it ends up being real. It's way too simple and uncluttered for Disney's tastes as of late. Plus, it's missing the DMR logo.
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

MJW wrote:Someone posted this on the Blu-ray.com forums:

I think its fan made and will be surprised if it ends up being real. It's way too simple and uncluttered for Disney's tastes as of late. Plus, it's missing the DMR logo.
I love the exchange of info and the double posting between these 2 fora :D :P
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Lnds500 wrote:I love the exchange of info and the double posting between these 2 fora :D :P
:lol: Gotta keep the Disney masses informed!
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

That image is also posted in the Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2012 thread.

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=40

It apparently was posted on Disney Bazil's site. I think it may be a placeholder or some sort of temp image, because it doesn't have the DMR logo and so on.

I would absolutely love for the cover to look similar to this though!!! :D
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Never gonna happen. The characters are way too on model to be used these days.
pick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pick »

I was the onewho posted it on Bluray.com and the "2012" topic here on UD... it was the coverart Disney Brazil sent to the press, and here our covers don't have DMR logos! So, of course it may change, but for now, that's the official cover... for Brazil, at least! =)
-------------------------------------------------------
"Just Make a Wish, and do as dreamers do...
and all your Wishes will come True..."
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

i hate this cover :S, it's cute, but in spain we've got this cover on the dvd edition. well,it's better than the musical masterpiece edition
seanjonmc
Limited Issue

Post by seanjonmc »

monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker