Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Goliath wrote:
SWillie! wrote:Goliath, you also have to take into account that you're halfway around the world from a lot of us.
And people outside the US don't count, because...? Or do you think the film industry could live off American sales alone?
Did you even read the rest of my response? Don't be an ass and turn my argument into something it is not.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Goliath wrote:
SWillie! wrote:Goliath, you also have to take into account that you're halfway around the world from a lot of us.
And people outside the US don't count, because...? Or do you think the film industry could live off American sales alone?
I think the point that SWillie is trying to make is that blu-ray buying habits may be different where you live compared to other parts of the world. In Australia, for example, I see a hell of a lot more people buying blu-ray than I see buying DVDs these days - just because you observe differently doesn't mean the same applies for everywhere else in the world.

PS: First post - long time reader, first time poster, hey all!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Ivan wrote:PS: First post - long time reader, first time poster, hey all!
Greetings! :wave:
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Ivan wrote:
Goliath wrote: And people outside the US don't count, because...? Or do you think the film industry could live off American sales alone?
I think the point that SWillie is trying to make is that blu-ray buying habits may be different where you live compared to other parts of the world. In Australia, for example, I see a hell of a lot more people buying blu-ray than I see buying DVDs these days - just because you observe differently doesn't mean the same applies for everywhere else in the world.
In Greece people are not buying either DVDs or Blu-rays. but you can definitely see that they prefer the BD format if you search their hard drives. :D :D

full of BDRips
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Thank you Ivan, that's 100% what I was saying.

And welcome! We're going to get along haha
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

welcome, ivan.

now, there are only two stores in my area in which bd is significantly outnumbered.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

THe spine on the ausssie BD release reveals that it won't be on seperate discs after all :(

So I guess all those bonus features will probably be dvd exclusive, which sucks for the countries who aren't getting combo packs.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Victurtle wrote:THe spine on the ausssie BD release reveals that it won't be on seperate discs after all :(

So I guess all those bonus features will probably be dvd exclusive, which sucks for the countries who aren't getting combo packs.
????
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Victurtle wrote: So I guess all those bonus features will probably be dvd exclusive, which sucks for the countries who aren't getting combo packs.
Won't happen. Do you really think, Disney would put any effort in DVDs these days? Besides, a blu-ray offers more than five times as much storage capacity as a DVD. Even with both of the films in HD and two DTS-HD audio tracks, there will be way more storage space remain than on the DVD with only one film.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

In Australia they state the number of discs if there is more than one. Pocahontas' spine does not indicate there is a second disc.

As for bonus features, I was basing that assumption on TFATH, where they placed more features on the DVDs than the BD itself. It's not about effort, its just a matter of placing the bonus feature on one of the discs, as the US combo packs includes all the discs (cf. other countries).
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Victurtle wrote:In Australia they state the number of discs if there is more than one. Pocahontas' spine does not indicate there is a second disc.

As for bonus features, I was basing that assumption on TFATH, where they placed more features on the DVDs than the BD itself. It's not about effort, its just a matter of placing the bonus feature on one of the discs, as the US combo packs includes all the discs (cf. other countries).
unfortunately you're right, I didn't know that..
well maybe on the countries in which they'll get the separate releases, the extras will be on the BD.

just found this as well
2-Movie Collection BD
Pocahontas 1 DVD
Pocahontas 2 DVD
http://www.disneymovierewards.com.au/el ... s.htm#em-p
Princess Leia
Limited Issue

Post by Princess Leia »

Watched my VHS tape of this movie this morning for the first time in years. I'd forgotten how good it was ... really need to get the DVD.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Lnds500 wrote:
Victurtle wrote:In Australia they state the number of discs if there is more than one. Pocahontas' spine does not indicate there is a second disc.

unfortunately you're right, I didn't know that..
well maybe on the countries in which they'll get the separate releases, the extras will be on the BD.

just found this as well
2-Movie Collection BD
Pocahontas 1 DVD
Pocahontas 2 DVD
http://www.disneymovierewards.com.au/el ... s.htm#em-p
So it will be a 3 disc set similar to the Fox and the Hound collection? If so hopefully Disney actually uses a 3 disc Blu-ray case instead of stacking the DVDs on top of each other.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

A bit late, but...

I most likely wouldn't have bought Pocahontas on Blu-Ray anyway (I don't love it enough to do so), but I really wouldn't want to be forced into buying the crappy sequel when doing so. I can understand pairing The Rescuers and Fantasia with their respective sequels, but it seems depressing to make high-quality films available only with their mediocre, cheap sequels, especially since they did so much to tarnish Disney's reputation in the first place. :roll:
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Wonderlicious wrote:A bit late, but...

I most likely wouldn't have bought Pocahontas on Blu-Ray anyway (I don't love it enough to do so), but I really wouldn't want to be forced into buying the crappy sequel when doing so. I can understand pairing The Rescuers and Fantasia with their respective sequels, but it seems depressing to make high-quality films available only with their mediocre, cheap sequels, especially since they did so much to tarnish Disney's reputation in the first place. :roll:
It's even more annoying if they drop the quality extras of past DVD releases in favor of including the sequel within the disc. If they want to include the sequel I don't care, but PLEASE leave the extras alone, I say.
ImageImageImageImage

buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

They'll probably release it like the F&TH (3 disc case just if you buy it from the Disney Movie Club). I also dislike having to buy the crappy direct to video sequel. At least Rescuers & Fantasia's sequels were theatrical releases. Pairing a cheapquel with a classic should be against the law.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

buffalobill wrote:They'll probably release it like the F&TH (3 disc case just if you buy it from the Disney Movie Club). I also dislike having to buy the crappy direct to video sequel. At least Rescuers & Fantasia's sequels were theatrical releases. Pairing a cheapquel with a classic should be against the law.
When it comes to the films that have three parts to them ... what will happen then ? I know BATB has 3 films, but it was released before the pairings started to happen. Will Cinderella be released with ALL her films :?
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
buffalobill wrote:They'll probably release it like the F&TH (3 disc case just if you buy it from the Disney Movie Club). I also dislike having to buy the crappy direct to video sequel. At least Rescuers & Fantasia's sequels were theatrical releases. Pairing a cheapquel with a classic should be against the law.
When it comes to the films that have three parts to them ... what will happen then ? I know BATB has 3 films, but it was released before the pairings started to happen. Will Cinderella be released with ALL her films :?
Like The Lion King perhaps?

They'll release a trilogy set and then the sequels separately a couple months later.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Ahh of course I forgot; the Diamonds have differnent rules dont they, from the normal releases. They will have a trilogy set like Lion King and BATB did.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Ahh of course I forgot; the Diamonds have differnent rules dont they, from the normal releases. They will have a trilogy set like Lion King and BATB did.
I don't think Beauty and the Beast had a Diamond Trilogy set in the US, now did it?