Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Well I'm glad I came on here to find out that the Blu-ray doesn't include "IF I Never Knew You".... I won't waste my money then.....
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

Poody wrote:Well I'm glad I came on here to find out that the Blu-ray doesn't include "IF I Never Knew You".... I won't waste my money then.....
You must have missed my rant on facebook the other week :lol:
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

No new CD release of the soundtrack? Will If I Never Knew You (Judy Kuhn/Mel Gibson), and the short reprise at the end of the movie, ever get released commercially by Disney on iTunes, CD or whatever?
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Prince Edward wrote:No new CD release of the soundtrack? Will If I Never Knew You (Judy Kuhn/Mel Gibson), and the short reprise at the end of the movie, ever get released commercially by Disney on iTunes, CD or whatever?
Isn't it only the Diamond's that get a new soundtrack release? I don't think Disney bothers for anything else ...
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Can anyone tell me whether the '2005' extended edition of the movie was released in the UK? I mean, does it include If I Never Knew You in the movie, or just as a bonus feature, like the new Blu-Ray version?

Does it have all other extra's, like the 2005 2-Disc set from the US?

Anyone who owns this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pocahontas-Disc ... 812&sr=8-2 ?

Also, does it really come with no other languages, other than English?

And finally, was it ever released with a slipcover in the UK?

Many thanks to whoever could answer these for me... 8)
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Khonnor wrote:Can anyone tell me whether the '2005' extended edition of the movie was released in the UK? I mean, does it include If I Never Knew You in the movie, or just as a bonus feature, like the new Blu-Ray version?

Does it have all other extra's, like the 2005 2-Disc set from the US?

Anyone who owns this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pocahontas-Disc ... 812&sr=8-2 ?

Also, does it really come with no other languages, other than English?

And finally, was it ever released with a slipcover in the UK?

Many thanks to whoever could answer these for me... 8)
I'm bored of checking the extras (I think the only difference is that Little Hiawatha was put on Pocahontas 2 in Europe)

- languages

English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
French: DTS-HD HR 5.1
Dutch: DTS 5.1
Italian: DTS-HD HR 5.1
Spanish: DTS-HD HR 5.1
Portuguese: Dolby Digital 5.1

- the extended cut is not included, it's the same as the US version
- no slipcover
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Lnds500 wrote:- the extended cut is not included, it's the same as the US version
- no slipcover
I know this is the blu-ray thread, but was actually talking about the 2005 edition, which did include the extended cut in the US. I was wondering if the UK edition did as well. If you click the Amazon link, you can see which dvd I am talking about.

Thanks for replying though... :)
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Khonnor wrote:I know this is the blu-ray thread, but was actually talking about the 2005 edition, which did include the extended cut in the US. I was wondering if the UK edition did as well. If you click the Amazon link, you can see which dvd I am talking about.

Thanks for replying though... :)
Oops, sorry :oops: no idead about this one.
Nandor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Nandor »

This is from memory, as my DVD is at home and I am not...

Yes, it has the extended cut (as well as the theatrical one). The only language is English. As far as the extras are concerned, I can't be sure at the moment. Feels complete though.
I don't know if there ever was a slipcover for this release, but I doubt it. Mine didn't have one, at least.
Hope that helps.
Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi hapana.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Hey Khonnor, I have this DVD, It is identical to the 2005 US 10th Anniversary Edition. Bonus Features are the same and even the menus are the same.

Like Nandor said, The extended version with If I Never Knew You is included in the movie, the only language track is English and the only subtitles are English and English For The Hearing Impaired. Finally, This DVD was never released with a slipcover in the UK.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Thank you all for the answers and help! It's greatly appreciated....
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Re: Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Wait, so can someone confirm for me whether "If I Never Knew You" is included on the Bluray or not? I have the DVD and debating to upgrade to the combo pack with Pocahontas 2.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

It is included on the blu-ray, but only as a separate deleted scene to watch on it's own. It's not an option to watch it as part of the full movie as it was on the DVD.

Speaking of Pocahontas, I just bought The Art of Pocahontas on eBay for a total of $18. Very happy with that purchase.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

SWillie! wrote:It is included on the blu-ray, but only as a separate deleted scene to watch on it's own. It's not an option to watch it as part of the full movie as it was on the DVD.
Really?! What the hell, Disney?? Why would they do this! *sigh* Are there any other differences? Are the bonus features all there? Videos and such?

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The reprise is also gone. It's not even included as an extra.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Sotiris wrote:The reprise is also gone. It's not even included as an extra.
*sigh* And here I was hoping to clear up some space on my shelf and getting rid of the DVD's. What a massive fail on Disney's part.

I love Siren!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Yeah, Pocahontas is one of my favorites and the fact that they didn't bother including the special edition through seamless branching is completely, utterly disappointing. :(

I really, really wanted to be able to watch the special edition in HD, but I'd rather just hang onto the DVD than get annoyed every time I tried to watch the Blu-ray. I haven't bought it and don't plan on it.
SWillie! wrote:Speaking of Pocahontas, I just bought The Art of Pocahontas on eBay for a total of $18. Very happy with that purchase.
Lovely book, I picked that up back when I was still in art school. :) Ancient times. ;)
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

enigmawing wrote:Yeah, Pocahontas is one of my favorites and the fact that they didn't bother including the special edition through seamless branching is completely, utterly disappointing. :(

I really, really wanted to be able to watch the special edition in HD, but I'd rather just hang onto the DVD than get annoyed every time I tried to watch the Blu-ray. I haven't bought it and don't plan on it.
SWillie! wrote:Speaking of Pocahontas, I just bought The Art of Pocahontas on eBay for a total of $18. Very happy with that purchase.
Lovely book, I picked that up back when I was still in art school. :) Ancient times. ;)
wait, didn't you say to me that drawing and the art you do online is just mostly a hobby thing and you're real job has nothing art related? If you went to art school, what you study to be then and did you get to achieve that?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Super Aurora wrote:
enigmawing wrote:Lovely book, I picked that up back when I was still in art school. :) Ancient times. ;)
wait, didn't you say to me that drawing and the art you do online is just mostly a hobby thing and you're real job has nothing art related? If you went to art school, what you study to be then and did you get to achieve that?
I also went to art school. Most people that went there go on to do something else. There's only so much art needed in the world. :lol:
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

PatrickvD wrote:I also went to art school.
How come you never posted any of your work here? Do you have a blog or a deviantArt account?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage