Pocahontas Blu-ray (2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Linework, absolutely. Color wise? no.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Kyle wrote:Linework, absolutely. Color wise? no.
No, I have seen the film and it's absolutely stunning in terms of PQ. When you see it you'll understand
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

If you take screencaps, there is such an amount of mistakes which could happen. The results depends highly on the used program and the settings of the person who take the shots. Also- you can't really judge them, when you look on them via your PC monitor. Unless of course it is properly calibrated!
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Scamander wrote:
If you take screencaps, there is such an amount of mistakes which could happen. The results depends highly on the used program and the settings of the person who take the shots. Also- you can't really judge them, when you look on them via your PC monitor. Unless of course it is properly calibrated!
the screencaps were taken using the same program, direct sources and using a lossless medium (.png). you could say that they are as accurate as they get :P

I just wanted to point out that it looks very good and nothing seems "off".
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Yeah, but it is still possible, that it will look different watching on your calibrated TV, that's what I wanted to say :P

Do you have also the Russian Blu-ray of Tarzan? If so, it is any different from the one, we've seen pics from? Would love to see more bonus features and an animated menu. *Still hoping*
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Scamander wrote:Yeah, but it is still possible, that it will look different watching on your calibrated TV, that's what I wanted to say :P

Do you have also the Russian Blu-ray of Tarzan? If so, it is any different from the one, we've seen pics from? Would love to see more bonus features and an animated menu. *Still hoping*
I have posted pictures on the tarzan thread and on Blu-ray.com. The transfer for Tarzan is NOT good. I has some strange artifacts throughout the movie. The menu is not animated and only 2-3 extras have been ported over.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=186225&page=4
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Wow, what a bummer. This release really is disappointing. :(

Is the picture quality really that bad compared to other Disney Blu-rays? I looked at some of the screencaps on blu-ray.com and they seemed okay to me.

Well, I guess we Germans should be lucky enough to get for the first time ever an uncut version of Tarzan. :roll:
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Lnds500 wrote:the screencaps were taken using the same program, direct sources and using a lossless medium (.png). you could say that they are as accurate as they get :P

I just wanted to point out that it looks very good and nothing seems "off".
I believe you when you say their accurate. Its true that every display will vary a bit, but I've never seen colors change too drastically from screencap to final blu ray. The colors have been tweaked enough that the differences will be noticeable (to my eyes anyway) on whatever they are displayed on. There's no reason to think my opinion on the colors will change when I get it myself (if I even buy it at all at this point, that's still up in the air)
The changes I'm seeing fall right in line with other recent movies they've tweaked. I know what I like and don't see that changing.

Do you have any shots of Tarzan by the way to show the artifacts? (Maybe this should go in another topic...)
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Kyle wrote:I believe you when you say their accurate. Its true that every display will vary a bit, but I've never seen colors change too drastically from screencap to final blu ray. The colors have been tweaked enough that the differences will be noticeable (to my eyes anyway) on whatever they are displayed on. There's no reason to think my opinion on the colors will change when I get it myself (if I even buy it at all at this point, that's still up in the air)
The changes I'm seeing fall right in line with other recent movies they've tweaked. I know what I like and don't see that changing.

Do you have any shots of Tarzan by the way to show the artifacts? (Maybe this should go in another topic...)
Scamander wrote:Wow, what a bummer. This release really is disappointing. :(

Is the picture quality really that bad compared to other Disney Blu-rays? I looked at some of the screencaps on blu-ray.com and they seemed okay to me.

Well, I guess we Germans should be lucky enough to get for the first time ever an uncut version of Tarzan. :roll:
I'll post my reply shortly here http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&start=80
I'll upload videos on youtube to show you what I mean but it will take a while
ThiagoPE
The Lion King

Post by ThiagoPE »

Anyone had sucess acessing virtual vault? our (brazilian) edition still not working for virtual vault.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hey...

What about the audio??? The audio on the 10th anniversary edition was slightly out of synch... how about on the blu ray? (I specially noticed it on Colors of the Wind...)
ThiagoPE
The Lion King

Post by ThiagoPE »

for me, except the fact they used a medium bitrate dts hd master (@3483Kbps) audio track for the movie, the audio seem ok.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^those numbers are actually high compared to some of Warner's tracks I've heard. Doubt they really make much audible difference, though.
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

In Greece, "Pocahontas" will be released June 13 on blu-ray. The cover is the same as the rest of Europe. No official release date for the sequel..
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Haralampos wrote:In Greece, "Pocahontas" will be released June 13 on blu-ray. The cover is the same as the rest of Europe. No official release date for the sequel..
The release date for both "Pocahontas" and "Pocahontas II" in Greece is June 11th.
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

There are doubts about the BD release of "Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World" in Greece, just about possible low sales. Today announced that it will be released on BD and from now is ready for pre-order in most online stores. However it will be on store shelves on 13/06/2012. [Informations: "Public" Greek entertainment department store]

Soon on the release catalogues from 'Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Hellas'.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Haralampos wrote:There are doubts about the BD release of "Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World" in Greece, just about possible low sales. Today announced that it will be released in BD and from now is ready for pre-order in most online stores. However it will be on store shelves on 13/06/2012. [Informations: "Public" Greek entertainment department store]

Soon on the release catalogues from 'Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Hellas'.
The release date is June 11th and that's final. The Public stores could have them in stock from Wednesday 13th but I've also waited for 2 weeks before they had Fox and the Hound in stock. It also depends on the store. That's why we don't count by when the film will be in stores, but from when it's the official street date.

And Pocahontas II is already confirmed and available for preorder.
http://www.blu-rayshop.gr/product_info. ... ts_id=9344

and for the record, I informed 2 different Public Stores' employees that they would receive The Lion King and Lady and the Tramp and that they have been released. they had no idea
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

Lnds500 wrote:The release date is June 11th and that's final. The Public stores could have them in stock from Wednesday 13th but I've also waited for 2 weeks before they had Fox and the Hound in stock. It also depends on the store. That's why we don't count by when the film will be in stores, but from when it's the official street date.

and for the record, I informed 2 different Public Stores' employees that they would receive The Lion King and Lady and the Tramp and that they have been released. they had no idea
It's not about Public Stores, it's about Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / Feelgood Entertainment.
They don't sent their products to the scheduled date of receipt. Their products have many technical problems. About the link you sent.. they don't even have the greek cover. And the site founded by Blu-ray fan.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Haralampos wrote:
Lnds500 wrote:The release date is June 11th and that's final. The Public stores could have them in stock from Wednesday 13th but I've also waited for 2 weeks before they had Fox and the Hound in stock. It also depends on the store. That's why we don't count by when the film will be in stores, but from when it's the official street date.

It's not about Public Stores, it's about Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / Feelgood Entertainment.
They don't sent their products to the scheduled date of receipt. Their products have many technical problems. About the link you sent.. they don't even have the greek cover. And the site founded by Blu-ray fan.
it's not Sony's "fault". it's just the way it works. I agree that it would be much easier to send everything earlier so at release date everything would be in place, but that's just not happening. And that's universal. the same thing happens to the UK, France etc. Some stores get it earlier, others don't

Which product had many technical problems and what do you mean by this?
And the site founded by Blu-ray fan.
Haralampos

Post by Haralampos »

Lnds500 wrote:Which product had many technical problems and what do you mean by this?

Quote:
And the site founded by Blu-ray fan.
It's not trusted.