Tron: Ascension

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

yeah!
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Great news!:D
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Woot woot! :D I'm honestly surprised (in a good way) this is still in the works. It shows dedication on someone's part.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Okay, this sounds promising.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Tron 3 (2014)

Post by disneyboy20022 »

livia Wilde talks about the possibility of a sequel
It’s almost positive at this point that Disney will move forward with their TRON: Uprising sequel to 2010’s Tron: Legacy. Hollywood is full of sequels and there is a strong fanbase that has been clamoring for another movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAaDhJ6K ... r_embedded

Quorra was an important cog in the original reboot, opening up a world of possibilities for a movie franchise that had already strongly hinted it would continue to evolve after the first film. And it certainly seems as if Wilde would jump at the chance to reprise her role if Disney does decide to go ahead with the sequel.
And apparently Movie Pilot has their facts screwed up as Tron Legacy was not a reboot
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Wait, it wouldn't be called Tron: Uprising would it?? That articles makes it sound like it would be.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

SWillie! wrote:Wait, it wouldn't be called Tron: Uprising would it?? That articles makes it sound like it would be.

Yeah that doesn't make sense. That's the name of the animated series that ended way too soon in my opinion. I would mainly pay attention to the interview with Olvia Wilde and ignore the title and given the fact they call it a reboot

thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Eck. No. Not another Tron. I can't stand the series and now there's going to be another one ? I've hated Tron since Kingdom Hearts II
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

thelittleursula wrote:Eck. No. Not another Tron. I can't stand the series and now there's going to be another one ? I've hated Tron since Kingdom Hearts II
Sooo... Don't watch it? There's many people that love it.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Tron wasn't my favorite in KH2 but now I love the franchise thanks to Uprising. I worked myself in into the original movie, Legacy, Evolution, Betrayal and others after "Uprising" ended and I'm waiting for more Tron to come.
Image Image Image Image Image
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Jäger-Rose wrote:Tron wasn't my favorite in KH2 but now I love the franchise thanks to Uprising. I worked myself in into the original movie, Legacy, Evolution, Betrayal and others after "Uprising" ended and I'm waiting for more Tron to come.
And Tron Legacy appeared in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

I'm still upset that Uprising ended on that killer cliffhanger, sometimes I don't understand Disney's decisions, but what else is new? :roll:

thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

I don't watch it ! Well I've actually seen the first movie after playing Kingdom Hearts, but they keep on appearing in the Kingdom Hearts worlds. I havent touched the latest Kingdom Hearts game since landing into the newest Tron world. I actually tried to maybe skip it to last and head into the Pinocchio world instead, but Sora keeps on getting killed.

But a newest Tron movie, means that there's going to be a high chance of another dull, lackluster, bore-me-to-sleep Tron world in Kingdom Hearts 3.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

My dad thinks the first Tron is stupid and confusing, but he loved the second one. The first one weirded him out.

ianwahlers
Limited Issue

Post by ianwahlers »

thelittleursula wrote:But a newest Tron movie, means that there's going to be a high chance of another dull, lackluster, bore-me-to-sleep Tron world in Kingdom Hearts 3.
Ah. Nothing quite like a video game to make (or at least help) someone hate a film. Modern games are better at it I think, but there were some terrible freakin Atari games based on movies that I grew up through.

Anyway, I've loved the original Tron since it came out when I was 10 and was prepared to hate Tron Legacy and ended up loving it. Don't have cable or pirate off the internet so haven't seen Uprising, but will most likely buy it when they sell it. Sincerely hope 3 turns out good.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ianwahlers wrote:
thelittleursula wrote:But a newest Tron movie, means that there's going to be a high chance of another dull, lackluster, bore-me-to-sleep Tron world in Kingdom Hearts 3.
Ah. Nothing quite like a video game to make (or at least help) someone hate a film. Modern games are better at it I think, but there were some terrible freakin Atari games based on movies that I grew up through.

Anyway, I've loved the original Tron since it came out when I was 10 and was prepared to hate Tron Legacy and ended up loving it. Don't have cable or pirate off the internet so haven't seen Uprising, but will most likely buy it when they sell it. Sincerely hope 3 turns out good.

I'm concerned it won't come to DVD. I've been watching them on this website. My dish went away for a month so instead of missing it I watched it on this site. Is this considered a Pirate site?

http://www.animeflavor.com/node/37628

It's probably the only way you'll get to see Tron Uprising anytime soon, although the cliffhanger will make you frustrated with Disney because it will never get a conclusion. grrrr

ianwahlers
Limited Issue

Post by ianwahlers »

If they don't sell it right away, I would guess they'd sell it around the time of Tron 3 hitting either theatres or blu-ray. If they don't, I'll manage to survive.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

oseph Kosinski says a big announcement about his remake of the Black Hole is imminent. He teased the news, expected to be a casting reveal, about the reboot of the 1979 Disney sci-fi epic during an interview to promote his latest movie, OBLIVION. Joseph confirmed:

“Yes, The Black Hole is on. We actually have some exciting, big news coming on that very soon. It’s a project that I’m really excited about… it’s a deep space trip into the centre of the galaxy and we have a really great idea for the Black Hole itself…”

When asked about another of his project, the TRON threequel, Joseph confirmed that do have a title for it and that it will be linked to the previous film. He said:

“Yes, we do have a name but we’re not talking about it yet. It delivers on the promise at the end of Tron: Legacy in a really exciting way. he continued “We’ve been working on the story for a few years now. I’m really excited about the idea we have but the script is in process right now. I’m really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together… it’s an exciting idea I can tell you that.”
source

HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Sounds awesome man, i can't wait.

Big fan of Tron since i was 5 in 86 when i saw it on video and been one of my faves, i love the sequel too with the animated show. I also dug Tron in Kingdom Hearts.

This should be a worthy sequel no doubt.

Maybe sometime we can get a ride at the Disney parks.
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Tron 3

Post by Miss Manday »

The sequel to 2010’s Tron: Legacy will be filmed in Vancouver beginning this fall.

According to Vancity Buzz entertainment contributor Lindsay Barker, Walt Disney Pictures has green lighted the third film in the Tron series. Filming is scheduled to begin on October 5, 2015.

The project has been in development since the success of the 2010 film, which raked in $400 million with a $170 million budget.

At this time, only Garrett Hedlund has been confirmed to return to the cast. In the previous film, Hedlund starred as Sam Flynn, the son of the 1982 film’s original character Kevin Flynn (played by Jeff Bridges) who became stuck in the Grid’s digital world for two decades. The character Quorra, a skilled Grid warrior and confidante to Kevin, was portrayed by Olivia Wilde.

A majority of Tron: Legacy was shot at Canadian Motion Picture Park in Burnaby while some ‘real world’ scenes were filmed at the Shangri-La Vancouver Hotel (ENCOM headquarters), the Lions Gate Bridge (final escape scene) and neighbourhoods in East Vancouver.

Tron 3 is not the only big budget science-fiction Hollywood blockbuster being filmed in Vancouver this year. Production for Star Trek 3 is scheduled to begin on June 1, which will involve the reconstruction of the Enterprise set within a local movie studio.
SOURCE: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/tron ... uver-fall/
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Tron 3

Post by Patrick »

As a fan of the Tron series I have a few reservations... I don't think anyone will argue the first two movies have the strongest scripts, but instead that their use of technology is what defines them as exciting. The original Tron used insanely experimental processes to achieve the film's aesthetic whereas Legacy showed an unarguably beautiful and fully visually realized digital world. These two films stand as a testament to the technology available at the time and, given the series subject matter, appropriately so.

My main fear with a third film happening so soon is that without time and advancements in technology on their side, there's not much else there... I hope that with this next film they are committed to making something with substance and meaning. There were so many unexplained elements in Legacy that it took away from the experience of immersing yourself in the world. I wonder if they're tackling "the internet" in the next one... only so many things can occur with the world of the first two films being stuck on a server. Hopefully, if that's the direction they choose, they come up with a compelling way to interpret what the inside of the internet looks like in the early 2000's.