Ryan Gosling as WALT (fan made poster)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Ryan Gosling as WALT (fan made poster)

Post by DancingCrab »

This makes me wish this was really happening. It's such a beautiful image, by Pascal Witaszek.

*Sigh*
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

I could definitely see Ryan as Walt. However, I don't know if Disney would make a biopic about Walt.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

I love this...wish it was reality, but it's nice for thoughts.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Nice poster, but I would just hope that were this actually a thing, it would not be directed by Ron Howard.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

zackisthewalrus wrote:I could definitely see Ryan as Walt. However, I don't know if Disney would make a biopic about Walt.
Oh this would never, ever happen. Why? Because there are three ideas regarding Walt Disney...

1. The wonderful, caring, innovative and visionary man that believed in the power of dreams and told the best stories ever and is a staple of our childhoods... aka the image Disney the company is selling.

2. The greedy, overly ambitious man that created one of the powerful and evil conglomerates the world has ever seen... aka the Disney haters image.

3. Walt Disney, the human being that was flawed, had family issues and made many mistakes even when he was one of the most influential men of all time... aka the "realistic" side of Walt.

If Disney were to produce the Walt biopic, it would be heavily reliant on point number one, which would cause points two and three to complain about how unrealistic the portrayal is because Disney chose to tell the "best" parts of the story, thus glorifying the "god" like status of Walt.

If Disney produced a movie with aspects of point 2 or 3 (or both), Walt fans would complain that the story portrays him in a far more negative light, giving power to the idea that Walt Disney is merely a corporate image use to sell great stories.

Quite frankly, I would love to see Disney have balls and tell Walt's story as is: all the accomplishments, all the ups, all the downs, EVERYTHING. The reason some of the most influential men and women of all time are so beloved and respected is because they had to go to hell and back just to make something happen in their life. Disney himself experience many awful things growing up, including the studio strike, the allegations of him hating the Jewish and many other things. Even if a solid, balanced story would still attract people just to complain, at the very least it would give us a better idea of Walt Disney the MAN, not the corporate image people either love or hate to death.

So until Disney the corporation decides to accept that his founding father was just as flawed as the rest of us, something as epic as the movie suggest will never happen...
ImageImageImageImage

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

pap64 wrote:
If Disney were to produce the Walt biopic, it would be heavily reliant on point number one, which would cause points two and three to complain about how unrealistic the portrayal is because Disney chose to tell the "best" parts of the story, thus glorifying the "god" like status of Walt.

If Disney produced a movie with aspects of point 2 or 3 (or both), Walt fans would complain that the story portrays him in a far more negative light, giving power to the idea that Walt Disney is merely a corporate image use to sell great stories.
In short,

DISNEY DUSTER.

pap64 wrote:So until Disney the corporation decides to accept that his founding father was just as flawed as the rest of us, something as epic as the movie suggest will never happen...
This is not that much different with general American people's general perception of our founding fathers too, as if they were gods.

If you're still online I'm on AIM btw.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

I think that's something people in general really need to learn about inspirational/influential people. People like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Barack Obama (and pretty much any political figure), actors, actresses etc. are still human beings, and human beings are still prone to anger, sadness, mistakes, all that fun stuff that makes being a human being so much fun (not even being sarcastic here). But when it comes to selling a talent or a product, marketers make sure that these people are sold as nearly flawless human beings that are above us. Hence why they are either truly, truly love or deeply hated. It's why Whitney Houston's death drew more attention that any other celebrity other than Michael Jackson. Some praised her talents while others criticized her for her drug abuse, and thus no one really took the middle of the road approach: she was very talented and influential but flawed and made many mistakes that cost her her life.

So once again if Disney were to produce a Walt Disney biopic it would be a mess since it would be trying to make Disney out like the corporate image plays him up to be while making sure that he is still a human being that went through a lot in his life and that his success didn't come easy.
ImageImageImageImage

jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Nice poster, but I would just hope that were this actually a thing, it would not be directed by Ron Howard.
This. He's made a couple of gems but the vast majority are...bad.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

I really like the poster, but as others have said, Ron Howard wouldn't be the right director if Disney ever did something like this. Ryan Gosling looks a bit like a young Walt, but I don't know whether he would be a good enough actor.
pap64 wrote:Quite frankly, I would love to see Disney have balls and tell Walt's story as is: all the accomplishments, all the ups, all the downs, EVERYTHING.
This (x1000). Disney will never make a serious biopic, but if they did, then a realistic portrayal of Walt would be excellent.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Ron Howard isn't a terrible choice but I'd say Oliver Stone is a better fit. Casting Gosling would be a masterstroke though - he's one of the best actors working today and he has something of a resemblance to Walt.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I would actually want to see this if Ryan Gosling was playing the part. Ah well.

Btw, Dancing Crab, I adore your banner! :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

*looks at rest of cast*
michelle williams
ewan mcgreggor
mathew fox

i'm game
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

The fan poster is BEAUTIFUL! *sniff sniff* And yes, I would like to see the biopic of Walt Disney if they can make it.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Thanks Disney's Divinity :)

As for Ron Howard, I could take or leave him as the director. Not exactly sure who would be the best fit for this though.

As for (the Academy Award nominated) Ryan Gosling, There is nobody else I would want playing Walt. His performances in movies like Half Nelson, Lars and the Real Girl and Drive prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is so much more than just the current "Hollywood Hunk". ..Plus he loves Disneyland. lol
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

John C. McGinley should play Ub Iwerk. He look like Iwerk when he was younger.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I really want to think of something funny to say.
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

Love the great detail in the poster
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

It's a nice enough poster, and enough to get any Disney fan excited, but the film itself would be challenging, to say the least. Although Gosling as Walt is genius.