Inside Out

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Tristy
Special Edition

Re: Pete Docter's "Inside Out" (June 19, 2015)

Post by Tristy »

Really? You don't say! What next? Johnny Depp in a Tim Burton movie? :lol:
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

It's almost like no other film had any chance. This would be like next year if Moana win's the Oscar & Anna & Elsa present it :down:
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (249.74 KiB) Viewed 8520 times
CcWddkrWoAEuNMQ.jpg
CcWddkrWoAEuNMQ.jpg (34.14 KiB) Viewed 8520 times
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Guess it's time to update my personal list of Favorite Pixar Films.

1) Inside Out (Having seen this twice in theatres, and THRICE since premiering on TV, there's no denying it.)
2) WALL-E
3) Monsters Inc.
4) The Incredibles
5) UP
6) Ratatouille
7) Toy Story 2
8 ) Toy Story 3
9) Toy Story
10) Finding Nemo
11) Brave
12) Monsters University
13) Cars
14) A Bug's Life
15) Cars 2
16) The Good Dinosaur
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

DisneyEra wrote: Tangled was unable to do to Toy Story 3 what Tarzan did to Toy Story 2 & what Pocahontas did to Toy Story 1 :(
And rightfully so. The soundtracks of Tarzan and Pocahontas are far superior to the songs and score of Tangled.
DisneyEra wrote:It's almost like no other film had any chance. This would be like next year if Moana win's the Oscar & Anna & Elsa present it :down:
With all the rave reviews it's getting, I wonder if Zootopia will end up winning the Oscar over Moana.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
With all the rave reviews it's getting, I wonder if Zootopia will end up winning the Oscar over Moana.
Neither will beat Pixar, but, yeah, I'm thinking Zootopia might get more push than Moana at this point. :/
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Neither will beat Pixar, but, yeah, I'm thinking Zootopia might get more push than Moana at this point. :/
It's really too early to say anything about the Oscars at this point. We'll have to see how the film turns out, but I'd imagine that Moana is the one that Disney wants to push. (It did get the better release date, after all.)

As for Pixar, we can't be so sure. After all, two of the three Pixar films that failed to snag the nomination were sequels that nobody asked for (Cars 2, MU). Now, I don't imagine that Finding Dory will turn out to be as bad as those, but you never know.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:
Neither will beat Pixar, but, yeah, I'm thinking Zootopia might get more push than Moana at this point. :/
That's if Dory is more like Toy Story 2/3 & less Cars 2/Monsters University.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

ce1ticmoon wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:Neither will beat Pixar, but, yeah, I'm thinking Zootopia might get more push than Moana at this point. :/
It's really too early to say anything about the Oscars at this point. We'll have to see how the film turns out, but I'd imagine that Moana is the one that Disney wants to push. (It did get the better release date, after all.)

As for Pixar, we can't be so sure. After all, two of the three Pixar films that failed to snag the nomination were sequels that nobody asked for (Cars 2, MU). Now, I don't imagine that Finding Dory will turn out to be as bad as those, but you never know.
Pixar is clearly gonna win for Coco & TS4, that's a fact. Gigantic has no chance against a 4th Toy Story sequel. So 2016 I believe is the last year that WDAS will have a chance to win Best Animated Feature this decade. As for Moana they need to be pushing that film for Best Original Song. If Lin Manuel Miranda wins he will EGOT. That's what WDAS is best know for, it's songs. The dream would be Best Animated Feature for Zootopia & Best Original Song to Moana. Either way it's WDAS last chance for Oscar gold, better take advantage of it :|
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Oh, come on. Why is everyone knocking Monsters University? It was no Toy Story 3, sure. But it was (at least, I think so) WAY better than Cars 2 and Brave. So why does everyone diss MU? :(
Last edited by DisneyJedi on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

1. A Bug's Life
2. WALL-E
3. The Incredibles
4. Monsters Inc.
5. Finding Nemo
6. Inside Out
7. Up
8. Toy Story
9. Toy Story 2
10. Toy Story 3
11. Ratatouille
12. Brave
13. Monsters University
14. The Good Dinosaur
15. Cars

I've yet to see Cars 2 (though, I really have no intention to see it as the first film doesn't hold much value for me).
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

DisneyJedi wrote:Oh, come on. Why is everyone knocking Monsters University? It was no Toy Story 3, sure. But it was (at least, I think so) WAY better than Cars 2 and Brave. So why does everyone dies MU? :(
I liked it plenty. I mean, I hate that they had to take some liberties with the timeline but I agree it was better than cars 2. Not so sure it was better than brave, but its about on par with it for me.
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

Eh, it's second from the bottom for me, even below the other lower-rated films(The Good Dinosaur, Brave, A Bug's Life, and the original Cars). It did show a glimmer of brilliance near the end, but most of the runtime just seemed really inconsequential to me, like it was an entire hour+ frat joke. It's decently entertaining for what it is, and is still better than a lot of the animated fare out there. But coming from Pixar it was pretty subpar, and the only reason it really rose above Cars 2 for me was because the final act was able to elevate it from that level.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

JeanGreyForever wrote:With all the rave reviews it's getting, I wonder if Zootopia will end up winning the Oscar over Moana.
Well, we need to see how Moana is received first. And Finding Dory. If that ends up with Toy Story 3 level reviews, watch out. Either way, I think Disney has a very strong chance of having another 2012 with three major contenders in the animated feature race.

And I also think Moana will probably win best original song. As we saw with Let It Go's victory, the Academy voters have become more willing to vote for Disney musical songs again.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Amy Poehler takes home the KCA award for Best Voice in an Animated Film for Joy!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Inside Out' Honored at 1st Annual AutFest (Autism Film Festival): Event Recap, Original Photos and Q&A Video
http://www.pixarpost.com/2017/04/autfes ... e-out.html
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Child Development Expert Claims Disney Stole Idea for ‘Inside Out’
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/denis ... 202473472/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Yawn.

Not only did she wait two years after the movie came out to complain, it isn't even HER idea. The idea of personified emotions have been used in many, many instances, including the 1943 short, Reason and Emotion.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm not entirely sure about this one. I find it kinda suspicious that she had personally talked to Pete Docter about her idea.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Pete Docter revealed that he worked as an animator on Cranium Command when he was an intern at Disney and might have been unconsciously influenced by it while creating Inside Out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94JFf0K5kM[/youtube]