Inside Out

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Re: Pete Docter's "Inside Out" (June 19, 2015)

Post by Semaj »

disneyprincess11 wrote:The new trailer is here

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/insideout/
"You wanna piece of this, Pops?!" :lol:
That was great! rotfl This looks like a very clever and sweet movie, but sadly the animation for the humans looks very, very generic. It reminded me of something like Dreamworks and Blue Sky rolled into one.
I take it it's because much of the "caricature" will be focused on the emotions in this film.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Not that the trailer didn't make sense, but this article explains what's going on in more detail (I didn't get all this from watching the trailer, so it helped me understand it more):
http://thedisneyblog.com/2014/12/10/new ... more-26428
blackcauldron85

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

BRAND NEW CHARACTER:

FIRST LOOK: Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ Key Character Yet to be Revealed (Spoilers)
Pixar Animation Studios has already introduced us to Riley, the protagonist of its upcoming film Inside Out (June 19, 2015), as well as her driving emotions — Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness, but there is one other key player that has yet to be formally introduced — that of Bing Bong, Riley’s imaginary friend.

While not widespread, Bing Bong himself isn’t entirely news. Reportedly CinemaBlend first reported on him but it appears his mentions were removed from the article, although MoviePilot had graciously quoted the entire spoilery review of the film’s first five minutes. Most recently, a Reddit post abut a week ago apparently had a photo of Bing Bong in toy form from toy manufacturer TOMY, but that image also has since been removed — though you can still see the photo here.

While CinemaBlend reported Bing Bong’s participation was limited to a montage of Riley growing up, it appears he may have a much larger role in the film — not only because he will evidently be getting his own line of toys, but he will also be the subject of a book (ISBN 9781484722152) supporting the film — a scratch and sniff book, no less– though mentions of the book seems to exist only on fringe sites and is not yet available via any major etailer nor is it even mentioned on industry websites, including Disney’s own catalog.

But now thanks to a Kellogg’s fruit snacks of all things, we are getting what could be our very first legitimate look at Bing Bong in all his juicy glory. The photo comes to us courtesy of our excellent friend @rwmead who spotted the product on the shelf at Walmart.

Read more: FIRST LOOK: Pixar's 'Inside Out' Key Character Yet to be Revealed (Spoilers) - Stitch Kingdom
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney unofficial source for news on Disney
Hmmmmm....me thinks Bing Bong is the Turbo character of the movie. I'm getting that vibe from him
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

looks like one of the imaginary heffalumps from a pooh movie. lol
big kid at heart
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

OMG! OMG! What are these?!

They look DISGUSTING!!! :huh:
LADY Image CLUCK
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

New tv-spot with some new clips;

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/traile ... ut-tv-spot

This movie seems like it could be fun.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I saw the first commercial of this during SNL's 40th anniversary show last night. I'm not sure I'll like it, but the commercial was a great advert for the movie. I expect it'll be a hit.

(Compare this to when I first saw the commercial for the Rihanna/Jim Parson movie where I was in shock by how bad it seemed...; I've never seen such bad choices in voice actors.)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

The new trailer is here!!!!!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9bKeJtTSIU
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Funny (but unsurprisingly) that it's marketed as from the minds of "Monsters Inc", "Up" and "Finding Nemo", haha.

But the trailer was okay, though. I think I could like Riley.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Eh.... Not sure how I think about the trailer...
I love the story and I love the concept. This is such an out of the box idea and looks really good!

But I think that this one of those spoiler movies, where the majority of the movie takes place after a plot twist and they can't reveal it.

And to mention that we finally have 100% confirmation that Riley's Imaginary Friend is in the movie!
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

"There are no bears in San Francisco..."
"I saw a really hairy guy, he looked like a bear."

HAH! A nod to the LGBT community. Well played, Pixar.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Do you think Riley has some mental disorder? I wonder why she has male emotions, even though her parents' emotions are all the same gender.

Also, who wants Bing Bong to be the villain? It completely makes sense! Although, i think in the end, he's gonna be the link that unites all emotions. I think these emotions don't know how to work together effectively and Bing Bong will unite them.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

I'm betting more than anything that Bing Bong is the villain. He hardly is seen in the trailer. And lately with the Disney films, cute=evil.

I'm very surprised about the plot. The whole time I thought it was just about Riley and the feelings, controlling her feels through the process of fitting in. I had no idea that it's a road trip movie. But, that's okay. I already love Joy and Sadness and the brain is so creative. I love the dream studios! :lol: Pixar might have another Oscar in their hands
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I think it's more of the case that Riley is still a child, entering pubety and just starting to develop her identity as a women. Sure little girls like different things to to little boys, but at this point, I think they largely think and feel the same way.

I'm actually excited for a pixar film! This is what pixar used to be, imaginative, creative and making films only animation could make, and I'm so glad at least one of the directors (my initial favourite) remembers that.

It looks like the whole buddy/adventure film theme will still be present in this one though.

Anyone notice how the trailertrailer says "from Disney and Pixar"?
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

June 19th can't come soon enough!
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I interpreted Riley having both male and female emotions as an indication of how gender roles have changed over the years.

From the looks of things, it also seems like the movie might tackle the topic of depression. Pete Docter is the kind of director who has subtly brought in serious themes in his work (remember the miscarriage in the opening scene of Up?) and I think that's going to elevate the material even more.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
blackcauldron85

New ‘Inside Out’ Short to be Featured on Blu-ray
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-ins ... ray-74576/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Bing Bong is voiced by Richard Kind! :lol:
According to a source who wishes to remain anonymous, despite claiming a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) was not required on their behalf, the voice being lent to the Bing Bong character in Pixar’s upcoming film, Inside Out (June 19, 2015), belongs to none other than comedic actor Richard Kind. The information was obtained via a test screening recently held for the film. No stranger to the Pixar Animation Studios roster, Kind has previously voiced peripheral characters for A Bug’s Life, Cars and Toy Story 3. Bing Bong, believed to be the childhood imaginary friend of protagonist Riley, can actually be spotted several times in the most recent trailer for the film, both in whole and in parts — he’s the one seen leading Joy and Sadness into ‘Imagination Land’ and through ‘Dream Productions,’ as well as riding on the rocket device that expels rainbows.

Read more: REPORT: Pixar's 'Inside Out' Unannounced Toon Voiced by Pixar Alum (Minor Spoilers) - Stitch Kingdom
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney