Intrada Disney soundtracks (The Three Musketeers)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Off topic here, but I'd like to see Intrada release a special edition soundtrack of the Muppet Christmas Carol for its 20th anniversary.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Me too. I would love to hear Miles Goodman's score on its own.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Intrada releases Condorman by Henry Mancini:

Wow! Exciting Henry Mancini score finally gets released! 1981 action-filled Disney comicbook superhero tale directed by Charles Jarrott, starring Michael Crawford, Oliver Reed, Barbara Carrera inspires Henry Mancini to write one of his most exciting, energetic scores of his career. Mancini anchors with robust "Condorman" theme (including fun chorus), then tackles profuse action scenes with dynamic, propulsive action material for full orchestra. Powerful trombone lines, aggressive rhythms, fanfares for trumpets all get spotlight! Music for killer Morovich is especially aggressive. In contrast, Mancini creates one of his gentlest, most heartfelt pretty themes for Natalia, given particular prominence in beautifully-scored "Free Single Woman". Interestingly, due to licensing, not a note of this splendid score has ever been released before, not even as a single theme on one of the numerous Mancini compilations of the era. Now, through courtesy of Disney, Intrada presents entire score (plus several extras) in crisp, punchy stereo, direct from multi-track scoring session masters stored in mint condition in Disney vaults. Colorful artwork, too! Henry Mancini conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remains!

01. Condorman Main Title 3:05
02. Eiffel Tower Flight 0:37
03. First Fight 0:48
04. It Was Nothing 1:52
05. Meet Laser Lady 1:18
06. The Gypsy 2:15
07. Free Single Woman 2:57
08. Attack Of The Brochnoviatch 5:14
09. Marovich Again 1:35
10. The Barn 1:03
11. Natalia's Theme 1:49
12. Marovich Presses 3:41
13. Welcome To The Matterhorn 1:53
14. Joy Ride 2:28
15. I'll Bring The Dip (Natalia's Rescue) 2:19
16. Bye-Bye Rolls 3:45
17. The Speed Boat Chase 2:03
18. More Speed Boat Chase 1:57
19. End Title 1:16
20. Theme From Condorman 1:35

Total Album Time: 43:58

The Extras

21. Mummy Tummy 3:06
22. Mummy Tummy (Alt.) 2:15
23. Belly Dance 2:56
24. Walk On Ice 0:48
25. Accordion Dance 1:49
26. Russian Party Dance 1:50
27. Son Of Russian Party Dance 2:55
28. Condorman Logo (Outtake) 0:32

Total Extras Time: 14:21
Total CD Time: 60:28

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7849/.f
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

So I'm not super familiar with this company, but I loved the Black Cauldron release... Do they have plans to do the other animated films that haven't yet gotten a proper soundtrack release? I'd love like Robin Hood or Rescuers or Fox and the Hound... Some of the other 'dark age' films.

Also do they release their albums as digital downloads anywhere? Or just physical CDs? I want to be able to listen to this stuff on Spotify!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

SWillie! wrote:So I'm not super familiar with this company, but I loved the Black Cauldron release... Do they have plans to do the other animated films that haven't yet gotten a proper soundtrack release? I'd love like Robin Hood or Rescuers or Fox and the Hound... Some of the other 'dark age' films.

Also do they release their albums as digital downloads anywhere? Or just physical CDs? I want to be able to listen to this stuff on Spotify!
Intrada, so far as I understand it, specializes in putting soundtracks to CD that might not get released otherwise. I don't believe there is a digital release.

As for what they release, they seem to focus on more obscure soundtracks, with some exception.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Since they released the soundtrack of the movie that Disney seems to be ashamed of, The Black Cauldron, I'm not doubting of ANY release at all.
I would love to see a and the Hound soundtrack
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The White Fang CD Intrada released in March is sold out now.

BTW, most likely no Disney CDs will be released this year by Intrada. The last three releases from them will be released in a few days, but none of the clues given point to a Disney title.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

SWillie! wrote:So I'm not super familiar with this company, but I loved the Black Cauldron release... Do they have plans to do the other animated films that haven't yet gotten a proper soundtrack release? I'd love like Robin Hood or Rescuers or Fox and the Hound... Some of the other 'dark age' films.

I'd die of happiness if they released a Fox and the Hound soundtrack.

Do they ever release songs from movies along with the score?
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Coming this March from Intrada and Walt Disney Records...

OZ - The Great and Powerful - Music by Danny Elfman

Main Titles
A Serious Talk
Oz Revealed
A Strange World
Where Am I?/Schmooze-A-Witch
Fireside Dance
Meeting Finley
The Emerald Palace
Treasure Room/Monkey Business
China Town
A Con Job
Glinda Revealed
The Munchkin’s Welcome Song
Bad Witch
The Bubble Voyage
Great Expectations/The Apple
Meeting the Troops
What Army?
Theodora’s Entrance/A Puppet Waltz
A Threat
Bedtime/The Preparation Montage
Call to Arms
Destruction
Oz The Great and Powerful
Fireworks/Witch Fight
Time for Gifts
End Credits from Oz

More details soon....

Source: http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5401
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Disney soundtracks from Intrada (Condorman)

Post by FrankV »

Intrada will release two Disney CDs on July 23. This is wat Roger Feigelson from Intrada said on their message board:
Both are Disney co-brands. One is Lone Ranger. The other is not that old actually, but not brand new either.
Someone reacted to this news and wrote:
I'm not too familiar with recent Disney films. How about a CD of Silvestri's A Christmas Carol?
Roger Feigelson responded:
That's a great guess and that is in the cards, but that's not it.
Somebody else wrote:
Dear God please let it be Joel McNeely's first TinkerBell score, complete (to be followed by the others, of course). Best music to come out of Disney since, well...Mulan!
Roger Feigelson responded:
Dear God...I would positively dance a jig if it were Tinker Bell, featuring a full album of McNeely's score and a couple of songs.
http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5679
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney soundtracks from Intrada (Lone Ranger & Tinkerbel

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Will The Lone Ranger be an expanded score or just what's on itunes now like Oz?
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:Will The Lone Ranger be an expanded score or just what's on itunes now like Oz?
The same as on iTunes as far as I know.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Goodness, that is what Disney is lacking so badly, the Tink score in full.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Douglas Fake from Intrada wrote on their website:
With our two newest CD releases for this coming Tuesday, July 23, you dear listeners will get your fill of Disney music, both action-filled and magically lyrical. Announced earlier, The Lone Ranger by Hans Zimmer brings, of course, plenty of action and is our latest Disney/Intrada co-brand CD featuring the score to a current Disney feature. Our other title, also featuring Disney music on a Disney/Intrada co-brand, offers the premiere of a lyrical and magical score for an animation feature made just a few years ago. Its delicate and charming score is happily now available for everyone to enjoy!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

So what could it be then ?? :?
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

As expected, Intrada has released the soundtracks to The Lone Ranger and Tinker Bell.

TINKER BELL

World premiere release of Joel McNeely soundtrack for Walt Disney 2008 animated feature. One of Disney's most beloved characters inspires composer to create magical, playful orchestral score replete with yearning ideas for lost collectibles, lyrical melodies for Tinker Bell, musical wisps for Pixie Hollow, much more. Exotic colors abound. It is a score that literally sparkles with delight. Celtic sounds, birds, crickets, drops of water, all are captured in skillful meld of gently dramatic, hauntingly beautiful musical vignettes. Highlights are plentiful but surely deserving spotlight is "Choosing A Talent" with rich major to minor chords that crescendo into powerful, massive orchestra/choral peroration. Breathtaking! Capturing attention in action mode is powerful "Hawk!", with heroic moment for French horn, trumpet. "Sprinting Thistles" commands as well. For sheer exuberant splendor, listen no further than to "Rebuilding Spring". McNeely shines! And yes, you also get that soaring vocal "Fly To Your Heart" as well. Beautifully packaged, illustrated booklet graces Disney/Intrada co-brand CD. Joel McNeely conducts.

01. Prologue
02. Lorena McKennitt - To the Fairies They Draw
03. A Child's Laughter / Flight to Pixie Hollow
04. Choosing a Talent
05. Tink Tours Pixie Hollow
06. Welcome to Tinker's Nook
07. Tinker Bell's New Home
08. Tink Meets the Other Fairies
09. The Lost Things Theme
10. Tink Meets Vidia and Finds Lost Things
11. Tinkering
12. Your Place is Here
13. Making Things
14. Tink Tries to be a Light Fairy
15. Teaching a Baby Bird to Fly
16. Hawk! Hear This Track
17. Tink Finds the Magic Box
18. Searching for Answers
19. Sprinting Thistles
20. Tink Feels Lost
21. Spring is Ruined
22. Rebuilding Spring
23. The Music Box Restored
24. Lorena McKennitt - To the Fairies They Draw Near Part 2
25. Tink Meets Wendy
26. Selena Gomez - Fly to Your Heart

Time = 60:07

Samples

THE LONE RANGER

Original Hans Zimmer score for Gore Verbinski take on legendary western icon gets CD release from Walt Disney Records/Intrada co-brand. Arnie Hammer, Johnny Depp create Lone Ranger & Tonto characters, Zimmer accompanies with charged, action-oriented score with abundance of kinetic rhythms, pulsating ostinatos. Melody plays large roll as well, while solo violin allows darker, reflective moments to have their say. Lengthy "Finale" affords Rossini chestnut William Tell Overture to sound off, upon which Zimmer builds dynamic variants of his own thematic elements around familiar Rossini strains. Dynamite piece is a tour-de-force of arrangement melding with composition, with non-stop driving rhythms name of the game! Some of Zimmer's richest, most energetic writing on display. Hi-Yo, Silver! Away!

01. Never Take Off the Mask (1:07)
02. Absurdity (4:58)
03. Silver (4:00)
04. Ride (4:17)
05. You've Looked Better (3:09)
06. Red's Theater of the Absurd (3:02)
07. The Railroad Waits for No One (3:09)
08. You're Just a Man in a Mask (4:14)
09. For God and For Country (4:53)
10. Finale (9:51)
11. Home (6:55)

Time = 49:35

Samples
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Disney soundtracks from Intrada (Tinker Bell & Lone Rang

Post by Atlantica »

Thank goodness it's finally coming ! Shame it has taken such a long time for the first score let alone all the other films; how do I go about purchasing it?
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

You can purchase the CD at Intrada themself or at speciality stores like moviemusic.com or screenarchives.com. Intrada also sell their titles on Amazon.com, but Tinker Bell is not availble there yet.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Yay! Pure magic! I hope the score for the other three films isn't far behind!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I wonder why Disney have been so mysterious in releasing the score for this movie? Guess they felt there was no need for it. I love Joel McNeely's work with Disney, he has done some really lovely stuff for them. Return To Neverland & Disney Dreams! in Disneyland Paris being highlights for me.