Intrada Disney soundtracks (The Three Musketeers)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

SWillie! wrote:Does anyone know if Intrada's releases go out of print? Or if I want this, do I have to get it now?
That depends on which type of release it is. If it's a release that is from both Intrada and Walt Disney Records (Up, The Black Hole, Toy Story 3, 20,0000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Black Cauldron) it's unlikely that they go out of print anytime soon, because they are not limited edition releases.

Intrada however also releases Disney titles in their Special Collection series and CDs in this series (White Fang, Squanto: A Warrior's Tale, Island at the Top of the World, etc.) are all limited edition releases. They go out of print when there is little or no demand anymore.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

This is the best news I've heard all day!

God I need a hobby or something.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

This is very exciting! I'll definitely pick this up.
Thanks for the news.
"Good and bad are labels created by people. Nature doesn't have such concepts."
Hercules

Post by Hercules »

This is awesome news! I love this movie and have been wanting the soundtrack for a while now. I just ordered it from Screen Archives. I can't wait to get it.
~Remember, every downhill has its uphill.~
Hercules

Post by Hercules »

I received The Black Cauldron soundtrack yesterday. It contains music from the uncut version of the film. The booklet is cool and the CD sounds great. I'm so glad I bought this. Has anyone else received their copy yet? I hope that when the movie finally gets released on Bluray it is the uncut version.
~Remember, every downhill has its uphill.~
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

I got my copy yesterday. Great release!

FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

An interview with Roger Feigelson from Intrada about their Disney titles and more:

http://www.underscores.fr/index.php/201 ... nd-beyond/
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Intrada

Post by Mouseketodd »

Wow! I wish I'd have known about Intrada's release of "The Journey of Natty Gann" that I read about in that article.

I checked their site and this title is sold out.
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

FrankV wrote:An interview with Roger Feigelson from Intrada about their Disney titles and more:

http://www.underscores.fr/index.php/201 ... nd-beyond/
They also mention NBC:

"Q: Last year, a prestigious boxset dedicated to the collaboration between Burton and Elfman was released. It contains an expanded version of The Nightmare Before Christmas, originally released by Walt Disney Records in 1993. Does the existence of this box prevents the re-release of The Nightmare Before Christmas on the Disney/Intrada line?

A: It’s not a title we discussed and there’s already the album out there, which could be problematic. But there’s so much other stuff that hasn’t been tapped, it’s not a high priority right now."

To me, it should be a high priority. They just need the OK and they're set. Plus, it tunrs 20 next year, so now would be a good time.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The next Disney CD from Intrada is coming this Monday. The clue:
If you're still not getting your fill of new releases lately, we'll have two more for you to consider adding to your ever-expanding collection. Artwork and audio samples will be posted Monday eve (August 20) and orders will begin shipping on Tuesday the 21st. One offers our latest pick from the bottomless Disney archives, complete and in stereo. While the composer is justifiably celebrated (and award-laden!), the eighties adventure and its score were entirely new to me. Recorded directly onto two synchronized 16-track digital recorders (32 channels in all), I became VERY acquainted with every note played by every instrument during our mix sessions!
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I'm excited to see what this one will be. Any idea if it will be an animated film?

Also, I didn't know that they re-record these soundtracks. Do they always do that? Or only some releases?
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

SWillie! wrote:I'm excited to see what this one will be. Any idea if it will be an animated film?
I don't think so. Other clues say that this is a film from the early eighties and is the second of only two scores that this composer has written for the studio. People on the Intrada message board think it's either Condorman by Henry Mancini (The Great Mouse Detective) or The Last Flight of Noah's Ark by Maurice Jarre (Island at the Top of the World).
SWillie! wrote:Also, I didn't know that they re-record these soundtracks. Do they always do that? Or only some releases?
The CDs that Intrada releases are the original recordings. In some cases however, like The Black Cauldron, the original recordings were too expensive to release when the film came out, so the composer made a new recording and released that on LP and/or CD.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Intrada releases The Last Flight of Noah's Ark by Maurice Jarre.

World premiere of richly melodic Maurice Jarre soundtrack for Charles Jarrott family adventure, presented by Walt Disney Pictures, starring Elliott Gould, Genevieve Bujold, Ricky Schroder. Gould flies WWII aircraft with Bujold, kids, animals on board, then crashes on island inhabited by pair of Japanese soldiers confident war is still in progress. Setting allows Jarre to write for large orchestra with expanded brass section including two baritone horns, euphonium (small tuba.) Koto, samisen, shakuhachi plus nine percussionists help create fascinating template for magnum opus TV mini-series score to SHOGUN. To present complete soundtrack, including tuneful "Half Of Me" song, Intrada was given access to entire scoring session masters, amongst first digital recordings ever made. (This was scored right after THE BLACK HOLE, also available on Disney/Intrada label.) Twin 16-track recorders were synchronized at original sessions, offering total of 32 tracks! Every roll of 2" tape survived in perfect condition, including all brass chorales, separate Japan ensemble sessions, chorus sessions, vocal tracks. Transfers were made by Disney engineers, then newly mixed and mastered at Intrada for dynamic stereo audio! Rare Maurice Jarre score is exciting treat for his fans! Maurice Jarre conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!

The Album
01. Half Of Me (Opening Theme) 2:21
02. Wrong Course 2:18
03. The Message 1:52
04. Building A Corral 1:13
05. Brutus 1:18
06. Japanese Flag 3:20
07. Discovery 1:35
08. Japanese Attack 1:38
09. Half Of Me (Quiet Walk) 2:21
10. Japanese Compound 2:16
11. I'm Sorry 1:10
12. Montage 4:30
13. Half Of Me (Bon Voyage) 1:56
14. Half Of Me (Chorale) 2:07
15. Shark 2:39
16. Big Wind 1:03
17. Storm 3:25
18. Don't Die, Brutus 2:12
19. Safe Flying 0:43
20. Half Of Me (Closing Theme) 2:12

Total Score Time: 42:33

The Extras Unused Cues Composed and Conducted by Maurice Jarre

21. Japanese Flag - Alt No. 1 0:26
22. Japanese Flag - Alt. No. 2 0:27
23. Safe Flying (Chorale) 0:44
24. Half Of Me (Wordless Demo) 02:37
Source Cues Arranged by Richard Bowden, Conducted by Maurice Jarre
25. Three-Part Invention - Excerpt No. 1 (Johann S. Bach) 1:01
26. Three-Part Invention - Excerpt No. 2 (Johann S. Bach) 1:25

Total Extras Time: 6:45

Total Time: 49:27

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7687/.f
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

GREAT NEWS!
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

If anyone's interested, I found some scans of the Black Cauldron release on the net

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:If anyone's interested, I found some scans of the Black Cauldron release on the net.
Nice. Thanks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The next Disney title comes out today or tomorrow (depends on where you live). The clues are:

"Look in the Sky! It's a bird, it's a plane...?...that is NOT SUPERman." and "This time a fun-filled blast from the early eighties by a multi-Oscar winner."

Some people think the release is Condorman by Henry Mancini. We will know very soon.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrankV wrote:The next Disney title comes out today or tomorrow (depends on where you live). The clues are:

"Look in the Sky! It's a bird, it's a plane...?...that is NOT SUPERman." and "This time a fun-filled blast from the early eighties by a multi-Oscar winner."

Some people think the release is Condorman by Henry Mancini. We will know very soon.
What else could it be?
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

I don't know, so I think it is Condorman.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Of course it´s CONDORMAN ;)
That were one of the taglines when the film came out.