Intrada Disney soundtracks (The Three Musketeers)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Intrada Disney soundtracks (The Three Musketeers)

Post by FrankV »

For some time now Intrada has released several soundtracks from Disney films. They have released titles in their Special Collection series of limited edition CDs for which they license titles from Disney. Quite recently however they have also released titles in collaboration with Walt Disney Records. These titles are not limited edition CDs.

Disney titles that Intrada has released in their Special Collection series are (these are all limited editions):

- Baby Secret of the Lost Legend (Jerry Goldsmith) - Out of print
- Candleshoe (Ron Goodwin) - Out of print
- Condorman (Henry Mancini) - Out of print
- Dick Tracy (Danny Elfman) - Out of print
- DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp (David Newman) - Out of print
- Escape to Witch Mountain (Johnny Mandel) - Out of print
- A Far Off Place (James Horner) - Still available
- The Haunted Mansion (Mark Mancina) - Out of print
- Hocus Pocus (John Debney) - Still available
- Homeward Bound (Bruce Broughton) - Out of print
- Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco (Bruce Broughton) - Out of print
- Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (Bruce Broughton) - Still avaialable
- Honey, I Srunk the Kids (James Horner) - Out of print
- Island at the Top of the World (Maurice Jarre) - Out of print
- The Journey of Natty Gann (James Horner) - Out of print
- The Last Flight of Noah's Ark (Maurice Jarre) - Out of print
- Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers (Bruce Broughton) - Still available
- Night Crossing (Jerry Goldsmith) - Out of print
- One Little Indian (Jerry Goldsmith) - Still available
- The Rescuers Down Under (Bruce Broughton) - Out of print
- Return to Oz (David Shire) - Still available
- The Rocketeer (James Horner) - Still available
- Sky High (Michael Giacchino - Out of print
- Something Wicked This Way Comes - The Unused Score (Georges Delerue) - Out of print
- Something Wicked This Way Comes (James Horner) - Out of print
- Squanto: A Warrior's Tale (Joel McNeely) - Out of print
- The Thanksgiving Promise (Bruce Broughton) - Out of print
- Those Calloways (Max Steiner) - Out of print
- The Unidentified Flying Oddball (Ron Goodwin) - Out of print
- White Fang (Basil Poledouris & Hans Zimmer) - Out of print

Disney titles that Intrada has released in collaboration with Walt Disney Records (these are all unlimited and still available):

- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Paul J. Smith)
- The Black Cauldron (Elmer Bernstein)
- The Black Hole (John Barry)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Henry Jackman)
- A Christmas Carol (Alan Silvestri)
- The Lone Ranger (Hans Zimmer)
- The Muppets Most Wanted / The Muppets (Christopher Beck)
- Oz: The Great and Powerfull (Danny Elfman)
- Tinker Bell (Joel McNeely)
- Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (Joel McNeely)
- Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (Joel McNeely)
- Toy Story 3 (Randy Newman)
- Up (Michael Giacchino)

More information and sound clips at www.intrada.com.

BTW, in the early nineties Intrada has also released a few Disney titles, but none of them are available anymore. These were:

- A Far Off Place (James Horner) - Re-released with more music in 2014
- Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (Bruce Broughton) - Re-released with more music in 2015
- Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (Bruce Broughton) - Re-released with more music in 2017
- Night Crossing (Jerry Goldsmith) - Re-released with more music in 2014
Last edited by FrankV on Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:32 am, edited 39 times in total.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Can somebody explain this whole intrada thing to me? Is it not part of Disney Records? And if not, how can they release Disney records? And why are they completely random? :?
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

I wish Intrada would release complete versions of Disney scores - The Little Mermaid, Lion King, and countless other Disney movies have fabulous music the whole way through that previous CD releases just don't include. I know there'd be a small market for it, but I would love to have complete soundtrack/scores for Disney films.
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

monorail91 wrote:I wish Intrada would release complete versions of Disney scores - The Little Mermaid, Lion King, and countless other Disney movies have fabulous music the whole way through that previous CD releases just don't include.
I totally agree! I love listening to Disney film scores.

Compare this '...To Die For' track on The Lion King CDs.
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BrvvhUewnbI" frameborder="0"></iframe>

to
an uncut version of '...To Die For' floating around the Internet.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HYOJ2NrFhp4" frameborder="0"></iframe>
and an uncut version of the score when Simba discovers his dad is dead and Scar tells him to run away.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y7ks_FkcFWY" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Last edited by Sky Syndrome on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

SWillie! wrote:Can somebody explain this whole intrada thing to me? Is it not part of Disney Records? And if not, how can they release Disney records? And why are they completely random? :?
From what I can tell, Intrada is kind of like SHOUT! Factory for CD's. In this case, becuase Disney doesn't want to spend money on releasing their own soundtracks for various titles, they have shared the rights with Intrada and allowed them to release these titles for them.

If I left something out, someone else can add to it, but I think that sums up the basics.

This by the way is great news!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Yes, that basiclally sums it up.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Intrada has announced the titel. It's Squanto: A Warriors tale by Joel McNeely.

World premier release of powerhouse Joel McNeely soundtrack for Walt Disney outdoor action tale set in 17th century, starring Adam Beach, directed by Xavier Koller. Tale of Native American (Beach) taken prisoner by British troops inspires McNeely to create rich, evocative main theme with tinge of haunting sadness, then surround with dynamic action, colorful ideas for locale. Highlights are many but action cues certainly command attention! Another exciting highlight: McNeely actually composes full "End Credits" music to bring score to rewarding close! Complete score presented in dynamic stereo from original digital scoring session masters courtesy Walt Disney Pictures. Notes by John Takis complete the package. Joel McNeely conducts. Intrada Special Collection release limited to 1500 copies!

01. Main Title 2:50
02. The Honeymooners 2:45
03. Kidnapped 4:00
04. Arrival In Plymouth 1:49
05. Bear Pit/Squanto Escapes 5:37
06. Squanto Found 0:52
07. The Hawk 2:02
08. Horse Ride 3:00
09. Montage 1:27
10. Lacrosse/Lonely Brave/Hawk Warning/Sacking The Monastery 5:05
11. Goodbye 3:26
12. Epinow Rescue 1:37
13. The Great Escape 5:03
14. Home 1:49
15. Burning Boat/Fire To Pilgrims 6:30
16. Confrontation 6:17
17. The Healing 2:33
18. Thanksgiving 3:06
19. End Credits 3:58

Total Time: 64:55

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7218/.f
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Great news. I personally hope sound tracks for the various "package films" and "Toy Story 3" are not too far off!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Clue for the August 23 release:
If all goes according to plan, one Disney/Intrada co-branded release that is completely remixed, expanded to completeness, and sucks. Not limited so relax.
The release is probably The Black Hole by John Barry.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrankV wrote:Clue for the August 23 release:
If all goes according to plan, one Disney/Intrada co-branded release that is completely remixed, expanded to completeness, and sucks. Not limited so relax.
The release is probably The Black Hole by John Barry.
I'm excited!

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The CD Intrada released yesterday is indeed The Black Hole by John Barry. It's an unlimited release.

Wow! You thought it would never happen! World premiere release of complete John Barry score for 1979 Walt Disney sci-fi tale with Anthony Perkins, Maximilian Schell, Ernest Borgnine, directed by Gary Nelson. Spectacular CD production, co-branded by Walt Disney Records & Intrada, offers every note of Barry's oft-requested score in stunning digital stereo from 32-track digital masters vaulted at Disney. Original LP offered 30 minutes of scoring highlights but new CD has every LP selection plus over 20 minutes of never-before released material, all newly mastered in true digital audio, playing in picture sequence! Exciting overture, swirling main title motifs are memorable but equally fun are numerous devices literally spotlighting favorite signatures of composer: melodic ideas played in one register by French horns, then another register by trumpets; massive block minor chords for suspense; repeating rhythmic ideas generating action; many other musical trademarks. Lengthy history of bringing complete score to CD, location of long-obsolete digital machines, creation of all-new digital mixes plus more info all notated in fascinating detail by producer Randy Thornton. But there's more! Original campaign artwork, production stills, full color shots of composer at recording sessions plus generous notes on film & scoring by Jeff Bond add more icing to sweet cake. A legendary soundtrack album now gets the "Special Edition" treatment at last! John Barry conducts.

01. Overture (2:28)
02. Main Title (1:49)
03. That’s It (1:43)*
04. Closer Look (2:02)**
05. Zero Gravity (5:48)
06. Cygnus Floating (2:06)*
07. The Door Opens (4:09)**
08. Pretty Busy (:48)*
09. Six Robots (1:57)
10. Can You Speak? (1:19)*
11. Poor Creatures (1:41)*
12. Ready to Embark (:44)*
13. Start the Countdown (3:47)
14. Durant Is Dead (2:31)
15. Laser (1:01)*
16. Kate’s O.K. (2:49)
17. Hot and Heavy (2:43)*
18. Meteorites (1:31)*
19. Raging Inferno (:54)*
20. Hotter and Heavier (1:59)*
21. Bob and V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (:54)*
22. Into the Hole (4:56)**
23. End Title (2:34)

BONUS TRACK
24. In, Through... And Beyond! (2:46)

* Previously Unreleased
** Includes additional material not used in the film

Total time: 55:05.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7229/.f
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The next release on September 6 will most likely be 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Paul J. Smith.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrankV wrote:The next release on September 6 will most likely be 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Paul J. Smith.
That is one I'd be excited about! But I really want them to release some of the old Animated Film Scores, like for the package films.

-Walt Disney
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

You can buy the CD at www.intrada.com (it's however not in stock right now, more copies are on the way). It's also available at www.screenarchives.com and www.moviemusic.com. I don't know if it's available at the Disney Store.
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: Thanks for the info.!

Post by milojthatch »

Jackoleen wrote:Dear FrankV,

Thanks for the info.!

Thank you in advance for your reply.
8)
FrankV wrote:You can buy the CD at www.intrada.com (it's however not in stock right now, more copies are on the way). It's also available at www.screenarchives.com and www.moviemusic.com. I don't know if it's available at the Disney Store.
Defiantly support this. Hopefully, we'll get tons more soundtracks like these ones from these guys soon!

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Now available to order:

Wow! World premiere release of epic1954 soundtrack by Paul J. Smith for legendary Oscar-winning Disney nautical fantasy about Captain Nemo, from Jules Verne novel, directed by Richard Fleischer, starring Kirk Douglas, James Mason. Smith creates sensational symphonic portrait of undersea world, captures fantastic submarine adventures including battle with giant squid, all courtesy magnificent orchestral score! Opening fanfare-flourish, rich Nemo theme, low brass-led Nautilus music, furious sea storm material, pulsating New Guinea sequence are just some of many highlights. 78 minutes of excitement via mint condition three-channel elements housed in Disney vaults! Kirk Douglas performance of "A Whale Of A Tale" plus lavish full-color booklet with collection of stills, comments by composer John Debney & Randy Thornton on scoring, restoration efforts all add class to generous production. Entire project supervised by Thornton, point man for ongoing series of classic soundtracks co-branded by Walt Disney & Intrada. Paul J. Smith worked on numerous pictures for Disney, including famed SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS (1937) plus many Oscar-winning "True Life Adventures". This magnificent presentation of his classic nautical adventure score is a Disney & fantasy film soundtrack collector's dream come true! Paul J. Smith conducts. - Douglass Fake, Intrada Producer

01. Main Title (Captain Nemo’s Theme) 2:26
02. Street Fight 1:04
03. Aboard the Abraham Lincoln/ Hunting the Monster 2:29
04. A Whale of a Tale 2:10
05. The Monster Attacks 2:21
06. Deserted Sub/Burial/Captured 9:14
07. Fifty Fathoms/The Island of Crespo 8:45
08. Storm at Sea/Nemo Plays 2:26
09. Strange Man of the Seas 4:04
10. Nemo’s Torment 1:00
11. Justified Hate 1:29
12. Searching Nemo’s Cabin 4:02
13. Ned’s Bottles 0:44
14. Ashore at New Guinea 2:55
15. Native Drums/Back to the Nautilus 3:50
16. Submerge 1:45
17. The Giant Squid 6:54
18. Ambush at Vulcania 4:47
19. Nemo Wounded 2:44
20. Escape from Vulcania 3:43
21. Finale / Deep Is the Mighty Ocean 0:52

BONUS TRACKS

22. A Whale of a Tale (Single) 2:07 - Kirk Douglas
23. And the Moon Grew Brighter and Brighter (Single B Side) 2:32 - Kirk Douglas
24. A Whale of a Tale 2:22 - Bill Kanady
25. A Whale of a Tale 2:00 - The Wellingtons
26. A Whale of a Tale (Reprise) 0:12 - Kirk Douglas

Total Disc Time: 1:18:23

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7230/.f
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I wonder what the next sound track will be? They have done a great job with their first four CD's covering all over the history of the Disney Studios.

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

milojthatch wrote:I wonder what the next sound track will be?
Me too, but there are no clues yet about the new release(s).