DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Bug's Life 2?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:47 am 
Platinum Edition

Tony Lewis of The Badger Herald has stated:

Quote:
Additionally, “A Bug’s Life” sequel is slated for release in winter 2013.
Source: https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2010/0 ... ming-film/

Last edited by Sotiris on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:53 am 
Platinum Edition

I just read that a second ago on the TAG Blog. Wow. I shocked- I would've expected an Incredibles sequel to be announced before a Bug's Life sequel, but I do enjoy the film, and as long as it's well-made, then it should be good times had by all. I do wonder if Pixar is trying to keep up the appearance of amazing box office performance by putting out cheaper-made films (since the character models should be in the computer systems still?)...? Or that thought could be wrong, but I couldn't help but have that thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:44 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

yay!!! that Finding Nemo sequels is RIGHT around the corner!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:58 am 
Gold Collection

I'm confused, why is this the only place to report A Bug's Life 2? :? Also, they don't even seem to think that it hasn't been announced or anything.

By the way, you left out the 's' on Pixars in the link, it should be: http://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2010/04 ... g_film.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Giygas wrote:
I'm confused, why is this the only place to report A Bug's Life 2? :? Also, they don't even seem to think that it hasn't been announced or anything.

By the way, you left out the 's' on Pixars in the link, it should be: http://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2010/04 ... g_film.php

yeah, this whole thing is probably sarcasm and therefore bogus. No one wants this sequel. Enough CGI bug movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I really don't see this happening. This one guy, who is obviously a very cranky critic, is the only person to have ever said anything about this, ever.

I'll believe it when we see an official announcement. I would assume that this would be the LAST of their films that they would do a sequel to. Well, no. Maybe Ratatouille. But this one is certainly down there on the list of sequel priority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 am 
Gold Collection

Maybe he saw this and took it as official. (I mean it couldn't be entirely coincidental that they both say A Bug's Life 2 is coming out Winter 2013, could it?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 am 
Platinum Edition

^well, that explains the solidarity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:57 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Methinks someone didn't do their homework. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:29 pm 
Platinum Edition

SWillie! wrote:
I would assume that this would be the LAST of their films that they would do a sequel to. Well, no. Maybe Ratatouille. But this one is certainly down there on the list of sequel priority.
In what sense?

In that, A Bug’s Life is one of their worst films, and noone would really want to see another? But we have Cars 2.

Or that, A Bug’s Life was wrapped up so completely that a sequel would seem completely unnecessary? There is Monster’s, Inc. 2 though.

Really, it seems as if Disney and Pixar have truly started to mix. Randy Newman working on TP&TF, Pixar making an excess amount of sequels… It doesn’t work well on either of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm 
Platinum Edition

I think he means in that A Bug's Life is the most obscure of the Pixar Films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:23 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Part of what makes both Disney and Pixar so good is that they are so consice with their story telling, and wrap up things so beautifully, there is never a need for a sequel. That is probably why Disney DTV movies seemed so forced and not needed.

There were loop holes to that rule though; Bambi II looked at a time that was never explored in the movie, Ariel's Beginning was before the original film, and Aladdin had his 1001 nights that they could use in effect ....

Pixar is the same; not a line of dialgue is wasted, and every movie has a beautiful, satisfying ending. So who can imagine another film after the beautiful monster's inc ending .... "Kitty !" ..... or any other Pixar movie ? Toy Story 2 was wonderful though; a personal favourite over the original. The world in which it was set did have a wealth of opportunity in it, and they used it in the best possible way.

But with all this talk of Pixar sequel after Pixar sequel .... what makes it any better than the Disney Classics being pimped out again and again ? I thought John was against sequels of any kind; but I guess that doesnt apply with Pixar. You could argue that the Classics sequels were stopped, as they really lived up to their name of 'cheapquels' ..... but if Disney actully put money and time into it as they are with Pixar, who knows what they could have achieved ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
So who can imagine another film after the beautiful monster's inc ending .... "Kitty !" ..... or any other Pixar movie ?

Agreed. It is a possibility Pixar will not bring Boo back for the sequel so it will not get rid of the beautiful ending. But, it will cause continuation errors because we are left with, "Oh, so Sulley visits Boo every now and then."

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
But with all this talk of Pixar sequel after Pixar sequel .... what makes it any better than the Disney Classics being pimped out again and again ? I thought John was against sequels of any kind; but I guess that doesnt apply with Pixar. You could argue that the Classics sequels were stopped, as they really lived up to their name of 'cheapquels' ..... but if Disney actully put money and time into it as they are with Pixar, who knows what they could have achieved ?

Well, I know I'm a huge Pixar fan, but don't give them any credit just yet. Joe Ranft was what made Pixar to what it is. We'll have to wait and see how Toy Story 3 does without him and Cars 2, as Cars is really all his awesome personality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:56 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Really, it seems as if Disney and Pixar have truly started to mix. Randy Newman working on TP&TF, Pixar making an excess amount of sequels… It doesn’t work well on either of them.

We can't say for sure yet, but I'm concerned too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:51 pm 
Special Edition

I'm always saddened that "A Bug's Life" never quite had the same level of popularity as Toy Story or Nemo etc as I found it to be one of Pixar's best films. I found the world of insects they created, a bug version of human society, to be very clever.
I think each character stood out on their own also, which is actually a difficult thing to achieve considering all the ants look essentially the same.

I'd be interested to see a sequel, although I don't think it would be necessary, basically just to revisit such a cleverly crafted setting. Unfortunately I think that Pixar's style of storytelling has changed since then, and it would be difficult to capture the essence of the original story and characters because of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

for anyone looking to revisit the franchise without a brand diluting sequel, there's always this.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FlN05wh_16M&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FlN05wh_16M&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

as for a real sequel, too many of its voice actors died for them to go through with it in my opinion. but their not so I wouldnt worry about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 am 
Limited Edition

Can you top bugs with more bugs? :lol:

I like 'A bug's life" but I don't see how the story could justify a sequel. I could see that with "Toy Story" as there was always this dangling question: "What will happen with the toys if Andy grows up and doesn't play with them anymore?" Therefore I'm looking forward to Toy Story 3.

The Incredibles: I can imagine that it could be made into a series of movies in the manner of "James Bond" (not that I think Pixar should do it)

I'm in agreement though with most of the responders: I rather see new fresh ideas worked out with new stories, characters and situation, instead of older successes being milked out for a lame sequel. What's next: Wall-e 2, Up 2?

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:02 pm 
Super Genius

Aside from Toy Story, this is the only Pixar film I've ever really desired a sequel to. Some really don't need it, since they had - in my opinion - perfect endings. Especially Monsters, Inc., Ratatouille, Wall-E and UP. Those had, in my opinion, endings that were pretty solid. Making a sequel to those would be along the lines of making a sequel to a Disney film which already had its 'happily ever after' (which, ironically, has also been done). The Incredibles seems to be a good contestant for a sequel, I wouldn't even be surprised if its already in the works, or atleast thought about by the execs at Disney. Cars... the only Pixar film I dislike very much, so I'll refrain from using it as an example.

I would've loved for this news to be real, but alas... my love for this film doesn't really blind me for the fact that its probably the most ignored/forgotten Pixar film, which makes this 'news' even less likely.

When "Wall-E 2: Back to Space!1!!" will be considered, I'll officialy give up on originality. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:43 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, what I like about Pixar in terms of how it does sequels, is that if the director has no intention of making one, they don't do it. John Lasseter gave his blessing for Toy Story 3 and Cars 2and even thought up the story for the latter. And apparently, Monsters Inc 2 is based on a treatment by Pete Docter. Do you think Michael Eisner asked Ron Clements and John Musker permission to make Return of Jafar? Lord knows David Hand had no influence whatsoever on Bambi II.

I believe Andrew Stanton has been vocally opposed to making sequels to Finding Nemo and Wall-E, so unless Pixar becomes 100% corporate, I don't see those happening. Ditto Ratatouille.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:17 pm 
Gold Collection

:lol:
I know, I know:

"UP 2: An Old Man Gets Older."

:lol: