Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by Sotiris »

We can't have her sister, Rose Red, get her own live-action movie but not Snow White, right? :wink:
Disney is ready to take on another of its classic fairytales with a new musical, live-action version of Snow White. Erin Cressida Wilson, who penned the adaptation of The Girl on the Train, is in negotiations to write the script for the film, which will expand upon the story and music from the beloved animated classic. The new film will include new songs, with songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul, who most recently wrote the lyrics for La La Land, attached to pen the new music. Marc Platt, who also is working with Disney on Mary Poppins Returns, is attached to produce.
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... ney-942601
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by thedisneyspirit »

will kristen stewart return tho
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow. So it's true. Nothing's sacred to Disney anymore. Their first animated classic. Re-done.

I must say, I'm excited. I don't mind these remakes as they aren't supposed to take over the originals.

I hope this will be good.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Hasn't there been TWO Snow Whites made just two years ago?
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Semaj wrote:Hasn't there been TWO Snow Whites made just two years ago?
Welcome to modern Hollywood.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I hope they will respect the original tale, and make it as good as Cinderella and The Jungle Book. :)

This is my favorite movie of all time, so I have high expectations. But seeing how iconic and famous the movie is in the Disney community, I don't think they will screw it up. IMO, Snow White is the most beautiful Disney Princess, so they have to find an actress that can live up to that title :lol: :lol:. She has to be perfect, just as Lily James was the perfect Cinderella and Emma Watson is the perfect Belle.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Don’t much care about this at all. Hopefully they cast someone better than Kristen Stewart for the main role. I admit my excitement might be amped up if they get someone great for the Queen. There are a lot of great ones over the years (Sigourney Weaver, Charlize Theron). I’m not sure if they’ll be able to get someone to live up to that line of great actresses. Since she’s been involved with Disney on Into the Woods and now Mary Poppins Returns, I’d be happy if they got Meryl Streep to play the Queen.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'd rather someone young for the Queen. She's not that old in Disney and she's supposed to be a contender for the fairest one of all. Charlize Theron would work, but I doubt Disney will use her. I'd prefer her to have dark hair so I'd love someone like Eva Green or Janet Montgomery who plays the main witch in Salem. I think she has the perfect look for Queen Grimhilde, but she's not that well known sadly.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

New music is kind of weird though. I'd be surprised if it matches.

Anyway, yeah bring it on I guess. :|
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:I hope they will respect the original tale, and make it as good as Cinderella and The Jungle Book. :)

This is my favorite movie of all time, so I have high expectations. But seeing how iconic and famous the movie is in the Disney community, I don't think they will screw it up. IMO, Snow White is the most beautiful Disney Princess, so they have to find an actress that can live up to that title :lol: :lol:. She has to be perfect, just as Lily James was the perfect Cinderella and Emma Watson is the perfect Belle.
Yea, let's hope! I think it should be the most beautiful actress they can get, but you know, it could always be another way - Snow White isn't actually very pretty, but on the inside she's beautiful, and that makes her the fairest one of all.
Disney's Divinity wrote:Since she’s been involved with Disney on Into the Woods and now Mary Poppins Returns, I’d be happy if they got Meryl Streep to play the Queen.
Like JeanGreyForever, I'd say they need someone young and beautiful to be the former "fairest one of all" Queen.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderNeverOz »

PatrickvD wrote:New music is kind of weird though. I'd be surprised if it matches.

Anyway, yeah bring it on I guess. :|
I'm glad that disney finally recognized pasek and paul's talent. they will do a wonderful job.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney Duster wrote:
Sicoe Vlad wrote:I hope they will respect the original tale, and make it as good as Cinderella and The Jungle Book. :)

Yea, let's hope! I think it should be the most beautiful actress they can get, but you know, it could always be another way - Snow White isn't actually very pretty, but on the inside she's beautiful, and that makes her the fairest one of all.
Disney's Divinity wrote:Since she’s been involved with Disney on Into the Woods and now Mary Poppins Returns, I’d be happy if they got Meryl Streep to play the Queen.
Like JeanGreyForever, I'd say they need someone young and beautiful to be the former "fairest one of all" Queen.
Since they said they are expanding on the songs from Snow White, I think it might be like Beauty and the Beast, where it's pretty similar to the original film. I hope Snow White gets an updated design. Preferably long hair, actual snow white skin, and a white and red dress (at least somewhere in the film if it isn't her main dress).

I wonder what actresses would be a good choice for Snow White. I haven't seen Mirror Mirror but I actually think Lily Collins is really pretty. Ella Purnell (the secondary actress from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children) would be a great choice I think with a little hair dye of course. I also love Adelaide Kane who plays Mary Queen of Scots in the CW TV show Reign. She's really pretty and has a somewhat similar look.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

PatrickvD wrote:New music is kind of weird though. I'd be surprised if it matches.
Let's hope it doesn't for the sake of our eardrums and any non-shatter proof glass in theaters around the world.
LADY Image CLUCK
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote: Yea, let's hope! I think it should be the most beautiful actress they can get, but you know, it could always be another way - Snow White isn't actually very pretty, but on the inside she's beautiful, and that makes her the fairest one of all.
I think she's beautiful :lol: :lol: :lol: I had a crush on her when I was a kid, and because of her, I like those vintage pin-up girls and vintage artwork in general. It will be very hard to capture her beauty like in the animated movie, but I'm curious to see what they come up with.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Lady Cluck wrote:
Let's hope it doesn't for the sake of our eardrums and any non-shatter proof glass in theaters around the world.
I said music. Not Snow's voice. Two different things.
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderNeverOz »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Disney Duster wrote: Yea, let's hope! I think it should be the most beautiful actress they can get, but you know, it could always be another way - Snow White isn't actually very pretty, but on the inside she's beautiful, and that makes her the fairest one of all.
Since they said they are expanding on the songs from Snow White, I think it might be like Beauty and the Beast, where it's pretty similar to the original film. I hope Snow White gets an updated design. Preferably long hair, actual snow white skin, and a white and red dress (at least somewhere in the film if it isn't her main dress).

I wonder what actresses would be a good choice for Snow White. I haven't seen Mirror Mirror but I actually think Lily Collins is really pretty. Ella Purnell (the secondary actress from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children) would be a great choice I think with a little hair dye of course. I also love Adelaide Kane who plays Mary Queen of Scots in the CW TV show Reign. She's really pretty and has a somewhat similar look.
While I don't think Mirror Mirror was the best movie ever, Lily Collins was great as Snow White. She is literally like what Snow White would be in real life in my opinion
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:I think she's beautiful :lol: :lol: :lol: I had a crush on her when I was a kid, and because of her, I like those vintage pin-up girls and vintage artwork in general. It will be very hard to capture her beauty like in the animated movie, but I'm curious to see what they come up with.
Well I do think Snow White is beautiful, I was just saying I don't think she's the most beautiful and they could always choose to make her not beautiful on the oustide at all and just the inisde.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

I just wonder. In the original animated movie, Dopey was mute simply because Disney was not able to find a voice actor that did justice to the character. So will he still be mute? Personally I would prefer if did gave him a voice this time. I am aware that many like him, but for me he was always annoying, and a voice could perhaps make him more likeable.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I'd rather someone young for the Queen. She's not that old in Disney and she's supposed to be a contender for the fairest one of all. Charlize Theron would work, but I doubt Disney will use her. I'd prefer her to have dark hair so I'd love someone like Eva Green or Janet Montgomery who plays the main witch in Salem. I think she has the perfect look for Queen Grimhilde, but she's not that well known sadly.

I totally agree Eva Green would make a perfect Queen, and Ella Purnell would also be a good idea. You should be a casting agent ! :)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I would love Lana Parrilla to return as the Evil Queen! As for Snow White, I hope they do a newcomer as Snow because she's my dream role :D :D :D