Moana

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Neal wrote:Can you elaborate about the shit talking? lol
Haha he was mostly complaining that Disney has taken characters/stories that the filmmakers worked so hard to developed, and then had their way with them for the DTV sequels, TV shows, musicals, etc. He compared the characters to children, that it's taking something so precious away from him.

He also thought the Little Mermaid musical was stupid, with the roller skating to simulate swimming haha.
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

monorail91 wrote:Tonight at the Pacific Film Archive in Berkeley, John Musker said that the film will be mostly hand-drawn 2D but have elements of 3D CGI, and IT WILL BE A MUSICAL. He didn't drop any more details about the new movie, but he did talk a lot of shit on the DTV sequels haha.
You've met John Musker? That's so cool. You don't happen to have a video of his speech, do you? :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

monorail91 wrote:Tonight at the Pacific Film Archive in Berkeley, John Musker said that the film will be mostly hand-drawn 2D but have elements of 3D CGI, and IT WILL BE A MUSICAL. He didn't drop any more details about the new movie, but he did talk a lot of shit on the DTV sequels haha.
Great to hear! Bring on Alan Menkin. :wink:
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Sotiris wrote: You've met John Musker? That's so cool. You don't happen to have a video of his speech, do you? :P
Gosh I wish! Here's a link to a more complete description of the event though, with some cool stories he shared: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28702
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I've heard Ron & Jon are working on an adaptation of the Casey Anthony trial. The film will include a lenghty, dark and distrubing flashback done by Andreas Deja in which Casey (rumored to be voiced by Angelina Jolie) is explicitly shown strangeling her kid (who will be voiced by Miley Cyrus). Said Deja, "Only hand-drawn animation can show all the subtleties needed in a scene like this one. I'm very excited to be a part of it." Disney is said to expect this movie to outperform their last hand-drawn effort.
http://www.unconfirmedrumorsaboutdisneywhichwillstillsetoffmultipagediscussionsonultimatedisney.com
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Goliath wrote:
I've heard Ron & Jon are working on an adaptation of the Casey Anthony trial. The film will include a lenghty, dark and distrubing flashback done by Andreas Deja in which Casey (rumored to be voiced by Angelina Jolie) is explicitly shown strangeling her kid (who will be voiced by Miley Cyrus). Said Deja, "Only hand-drawn animation can show all the subtleties needed in a scene like this one. I'm very excited to be a part of it." Disney is said to expect this movie to outperform their last hand-drawn effort.
http://www.unconfirmedrumorsaboutdisneywhichwillstillsetoffmultipagediscussionsonultimatedisney.com
They better not get Randy Newman to do the music. :lol:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Goliath wrote:

BRB i'm gonna be fapping.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Goliath wrote:
I talked to a guy on the Planet Dagobah to ask him about you Goliath...here's what he said

A Very..Funny....and Disturbing mind you have - Yoda
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

monorail91 wrote:He also thought the Little Mermaid musical was stupid
I think a lot of people felt that way. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Goliath wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
monorail91 wrote:He also thought the Little Mermaid musical was stupid
I think a lot of people felt that way. :lol:
Yeah, my second or third (don't know which, but all I can say is that she's my mom's cousin) cousin saw it on Broadway and was disappointed with it.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Goliath wrote:
Are you expecting me to believe that? I don't think so!
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

TsWade2 wrote:Are you expecting me to believe that? I don't think so!
Damn! I got caught!

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

monorail91 wrote:Tonight at the Pacific Film Archive, on the UC Berkeley campus by the Hearst Gymnasium for Women, director John Musker gave a lecture called “The Animator’s Art: Lecture and Clips.”

[He said] his upcoming film will be a combination of hand-drawn 2D animation with 3D CGI animation, and WILL BE A MUSICAL. He doesn’t know who will compose the music yet though; the film is still going through the storyboard phase.
Source: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28702
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Hahaha!:D That is really funny Goliath! Love your humour^^
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

A mix of hand-drawn and CG? Didn't they try to go that route with Tangled, when Glen Keane was directing it? :?
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Maybe he just means they are interwoven pretty cleanly, like with the Friends from the Other Side scene in Princess and the Frog. I hope the characters are still primarily hand-drawn.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyJedi wrote:A mix of hand-drawn and CG? Didn't they try to go that route with Tangled, when Glen Keane was directing it? :?
No, he means hand-drawn with CG elements (like most hand-drawn films in the late 90s, early '00s)
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

^Like.... Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Treasure Planet or Lilo & Stitch, for example?

Well, I just hope this next one doesn't have a ridiculously high budget, like Tangled or Princess and the Frog did.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Sounds promising! Musker & Clements, hand-drawn AND a musical. Love it! I'm hoping that Alan Menken will compose the music. Or at least that Randy Newman won't get anywhere near this project.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Sotiris wrote:
monorail91 wrote:Tonight at the Pacific Film Archive, on the UC Berkeley campus by the Hearst Gymnasium for Women, director John Musker gave a lecture called “The Animator’s Art: Lecture and Clips.”

[He said] his upcoming film will be a combination of hand-drawn 2D animation with 3D CGI animation, and WILL BE A MUSICAL. He doesn’t know who will compose the music yet though; the film is still going through the storyboard phase.
Source: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28702
Sweet! Looks promising!