Sofia the First

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Re: Sofia the First

Post by Lady Cluck »

I thought that was a new take on Cruella at first :lol:
LADY Image CLUCK
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Lady Cluck wrote:I thought that was a new take on Cruella at first :lol:
So did I !! :lol:

I can't wait for this, especially Rapunzel's appearance ! She looks lovely on the cover shot.
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

Post by #1JasmineFan »

Hi! They have some new songs for Sofia on ITunes! A Kingdom of My Own from Curse of Princess Ivy, In Your Paws from Scrambled Pets and the new song for tomorrow's episode called Know It All. Know it All is sung by Sofia and Hilldegard. It's a beautiful, but heartbreaking song about bullying. The writers really know what they're doing. Anyone can relate to this song. I cried when I first heard it. I want to hug Hilldegard now. I recommend the song to everyone!
"We're more similar than you think, Kion. Sisi ni sawa." Jasiri
DisneyPrincessSyndrome

Post by DisneyPrincessSyndrome »

Was watching the encore of The Pirate Fairy on Disney Channel and FINALLY the first full trailer for Curse of Princess Ivy came up! I thought Ivy looked beautiful and I'm excited to have another episode with Amber action!

Of the clips we got for Rapunzel (one when she comes to Sofia and Amber's aid and it looks like when they're flying away on dragons like in the poster cover art posted on the previous page?) she honestly did look really young and odd compared to the film (as mentioned by DisneyJedi and Warm Regards mentioned).

Of all of the princesses I think I'll say her animation and Cinderella's disappointed (thought that Cinderella's redesign animation looked way worse on StF compared to the official 2D princess line merchandise) me the most. There's an upload of the trailer on YouTube but it was recorded off someone's television so I'll try to wait it out and see if a better one gets uploaded soon.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Between now and the first of the year there are four "new" episodes confirmed for "Sofia the First". One of those is this weekend!

My seven-year-old grand daughter just loves this show. Along with 'Doc' McStuffins her Disney Jr. morning is complete. We DVR all the new episodes of both shows for Tymber to watch after she gets home from school each day.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
DisneyPrincessSyndrome

Post by DisneyPrincessSyndrome »

Surprised there hasn't been more talk about Curse of Princess Ivy! I'm really pumped for it. I just learned today that Anna Camp (from Pitch Perfect and True Blood fame) is Ivy's voice actress, but she didn't say much about it (while on Live with Kelly & Michael) other than what's already known about StF in general and the basic premise of the special. I did like the clip of Ivy's song; Anna sounds beautiful.

I did want to ask if anyone felt like the clip of Rapunzel's song/duet with Sofia & Amber (I'm assuming it'll feature all three of them) from the commercials sounds completely off? I watch Sheriff Callie frequently but Mandy Moore sounds like herself in those songs just with a western accent and maybe some pitch changes for the character. For her StF appearance as Rapunzel it doesn't even sound like her, which is odd as hell.

Also has anyone bought the Christmas in Enchancia DVD? My sister did and when I pulled out the Sofia ornament it was glittery and it lit up and I loved it. Can't wait to put it up on our tree.
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

Post by #1JasmineFan »

Hi! I was wondering if anyone bought the book companion to Sofia the First Winter's Gift when it was released back in Sept of this year? If so, would you be willing to upload the song From the Heart that came with it to sendspace.com? I can't find the book anywhere. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
"We're more similar than you think, Kion. Sisi ni sawa." Jasiri
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I thought exactly the same thing with Mandy ! I thought for a wild moment they'd dubbed her ?? But then that makes no sense at all as she sings for everything else Rapunzel does. I thought maybe it could be that it wasn't actually Rapunzels song, and it was another song that was used in the episode but shown over Rapunzel's clips ?

Will be really upset if Mandy no longer sings for Rapunzel, as I love the uniqueness of her voice.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Atlantica wrote:
Will be really upset if Mandy no longer sings for Rapunzel, as I love the uniqueness of her voice.

Mandy is the one singing:
Mandy Moore Lends Her Voice to Rapunzel Again!
http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/20 ... zel-again/

She is also at the end credits!

And here's the full song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_v_PwAa2_8
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Thank goodness its her then ! I'm at work so I can't hear it, but does it sound like her at all, unlike the trailer ?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Rapunzel looks quite off-model in that clip.

I know it sounds silly, but do you think Merida would be in the Sofia series?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've just listened to it …. is that really Mandy singing ??????? It sounds more of a theatrical song, very different from the Rapunzel music …. is that why it sounds different ??? I know its her talking, but singing ??
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Atlantica wrote:I've just listened to it …. is that really Mandy singing ??????? It sounds more of a theatrical song, very different from the Rapunzel music …. is that why it sounds different ??? I know its her talking, but singing ??

I'm sure it's Mandy singing... I know she sounds a little bit different, but I think it's because of the song.

And at the end credits she is the only person featured as Rapunzel. If there was another girl singing, she would be featured at the end credits, too. (like in Mulan’s episode, which both Lea Salonga and Ming Na were featured at the end credits)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'll have another listen then :)

She has a greater singing voice than I thought she could have, I guess she's so ingrained in my head with the original songs it takes some getting used to !
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Exclusive First Look: Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana on 'Sofia the First'
In Princess Tiana's debut appearance on Disney Junior's Emmy-winning series Sofia the First (Dec. 12), Anika Noni Rose reprises her role from the feature film The Princess and the Frog. She helps Sofia and her new friend, Winter (Alyson Hannigan), a young faun who has been cursed by an Ice Witch (Phylicia Rashad), learn that a true gift comes from the heart.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

What a pretty song (or at least the part you can hear).
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I liked the song and I liked Tiana's CGI design. She looks better than Rapunzel did in the Sofia mold.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

Tiana looks really good and Ankia Noni Rose sounds so beautiful.
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

sofia looks like she is wearing belles gown coupled with her winter cape. tiana looks great in CGI too, better than expected.
big kid at heart