Sofia the First

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
moviefan12
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Sofia the First

Post by moviefan12 »

I agree that Mulan looks good there and is it just me or has there been a larger gap between princesses appearing this season as compared to season one.
Favorite Animated Disney films: 1. Dumbo, 2. Tangled, 3. Frozen, 4. Beauty and The Best, 5. The Little Mermaid, 6. Cinderella

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

Atlantica wrote:WillytheDino, I'm sorry I think you may have misunderstood me; I said I was glad she wasn't in her Princess - style gown ! I just said it is very obvious that Disney aren't pegging her in the same lot as the other Princesses - almost making her seem less of a one I suppose ? Or the fact they're including her at all should mean something too I guess.

So anyway, sorry but I didn't mean at all that I wanted her to be in her Princess gown, just kind of odd that Disney hasn't.
Haha, no problem. I did understand you but I think I wasn't that clear. The fact that Disney didn't put her in her gown doesn't show to me that they don't love her, as a matter of fact, I think it proves to be the other way around.
I think that if Disney wouldn't put too much effort in her, they would put her in the dress to feed the Disney Princess line. They didn't do that but went with her warrior outfit because that is who she is, so I think Disney did a better job with her than some of the other princesses.
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

Post by #1JasmineFan »

Hi! I loved Gizmo Gwen as well as Sofia the Second! I was able to watch them both on watchdisneyjunior.com! The song in Gizmo Gwen was awesome! And I loved G. Hannielious as Lady Joy in Sofia the Second@ I can't wait for the episode with Mulan as well as Mystic Meadows!
"We're more similar than you think, Kion. Sisi ni sawa." Jasiri
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Both of the new Sofia shows were on Disney Junior Video on Demand beginning last week. It was great to get a first view of "Gizmo Gwen" and as everyone else has said it has the perfect song for the story.

My six-year-old grand daughter makes sure we don't miss a day without a Sofia episode. On our DVR we have 37 episodes, all of her favorites, saved. Sofia keeps her busy during these last days of summer vacation.

School starts in two weeks!!! Yikes, where did the time go?
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Lea Salonga just tweeted that she and Ming Na pay a visit to Sofia, and the episode is now on iTunes. And she also said she's thrilled with how the duet between Mulan & Sofia went :)
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

It's a very cute song, but I can't help but laugh that Mulan suddenly became a jungle woman.

That's Tarzan's shtick, Mulan! rotfl
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I loved that song ! Really surprised at how much I loved it ! Shame Ming Na didn't get to speak all that much, but wonderful she came back anyway.

And haha yes, I wasn't aware she had Tarzan-like ability either ! :lol:
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

A New Sofia the First Soundtrack

Post by #1JasmineFan »

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone knew if Disney is releasing a new Sofia the First soundtrack with songs like Me and My Mom, I Believe in You, Two by Two, Be Your Own King and Stronger Than You Know?
#1JasmineFan
Limited Issue

Post by #1JasmineFan »

Aloha everyone! I was just wondering if anyone knew when Disney is releasing a new Sofia soundtrack with the songs Me and My Mom, Stronger Than you Know, I Believe in You and Be Yor Own King on it?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

This doesn't make any sense considering that most of the songs are gratuitous in the first place. Rapunzel and Tiana will be making an appearance on the show soon. Both of them will have songs.
Q: How come Snow White and Aurora didn't get to sing in the show?

Craig Gerber: The princesses only sing when the story moment is better served with a song.
Source: https://twitter.com/_CraigGerber/status ... 0771844096
Q: Did the decision to not have Snow White and Aurora sing on the show come from above too? It couldn't have been a creative decision 'cause it was so random and arbitrary.

Craig Gerber: There was a feeling that having every princess come and sing was getting formulaic. I actually agreed with that.
Source: https://twitter.com/_CraigGerber/status ... 4718700544
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Yay ! Rapunzel looks lovely. I was holding out a teeny bit of hope that she'd have her short brown hair, but almost certainly thought she wouldn't.

I love the article too; sounds like a really sensible guy. You can tell they plan very particularly for each Princess, and at the same time they don't want to make the show all about the visiting Princess as well, the focus is still very much Sofia.

Can't wait to hear her song as well ! Yay for more Rapunzel :)

Also, I second the question above …. is there a soundtrack release for the Princess songs ?
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

Mulan's song is great! Good message. And good to see Mulan again.
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Tiana and Rapunzel are coming! But, not Merida nor Elsa & Anna

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-hill/ ... _hp_ref=tw
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

That was just posted above you disneyprincess, sotiris just beat you to it :)
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Wow, um... I don't know what to say about the way Rapunzel looks in this style, compared to the way she looks in Tangled, animation wise. :?
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Rapunzel looks young. And not in the "well, yeah, she's 18 in the movie" way. Like, she literally looks like a preteen girl. Probably the angle.

The style reminds me of Disney Infinity, and Rapunzel nonetheless looks cute, so hooray to Sofia the First for this upcoming cameo.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I think all the Princesses look kind of young in this, especially Snow. She looked extremely young ! It's just exciting to see Princesses back in action and 'alive' so to speak, playing a positive role in the show.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

It looks like we got ourselves an evil princess and she means business.