Disney Should of Create Their Own Musical

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Disney Should of Create Their Own Musical

Post by TsWade2 »

Hello everyone,

I was just thinking ever since Newsies was a big success on Broadway and Disney has some projects that are based on movies, but I think it would be nicer if Disney should create their own musical like they did with Aida. You know, like creating their own story or something based on that Disney never use as a movie. I was thinking if they make musical about the life of Walt Disney or create a new story of a Show Within A Show musical like Kiss me, Kate and The Producers. What do you think?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

"Disney Should *Have Created* Their Own Musical"

And honestly, I don't care a whole lot what they do. I enjoy "Newsies" so much more than I do "Aida" so originality isn't an indication of quality in my book. I also think a musical bio of Walt Disney would lend itself too easily to hagiography.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

SpringHeelJack wrote:"Disney Should *Have Created* Their Own Musical"
I was thinking the exact same thing. But yeah, I don't really care. As long as it was well done, enjoyable, etc, I really don't think it matters if they create their own or base it off a movie. As long as it's good!
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I believe there's an opera about Walt Disney's last days in the works.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

estefan wrote:I believe there's an opera about Walt Disney's last days in the works.
They're still working on the lyrics...

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^hahaha :lol: