DISNEY GENERATIONS DVD: NEW LINE

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

I'd go for a complete season set of Swamp Fox/Elfego Baca and the DisneyLand series
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

There are a handful of theatrical features that still haven't been released yet to DVD:

Run, Cougar, Run
One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing
Trenchcoat
The Best of Walt Disney's True Life Adventures (sort of)

If they are releasing TV movies I highly suggest:

Escapade in Florence (2 episodes)
The Horsemasters (2 episodes)
The Walt King ***highly, HIGHLY recommend*** (2 episodes)
Daniel Boone (4 episodes)
pretty much ANY of the Walt era TV films have very high production values and would probably feed well into the Generations Collection demographic.

As for the later years, I know there is a big demand for:

Child of Glass
Mr. Boogedy
Bride of Boogedy
Million Dollar Dixie Deliverance
Last edited by disneyfella on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Run, Cougar, Run
Trenchcoat
The Best of Walt Disney's True Life Adventures
The Light in the Forest
Tiger Town
Sign of Zorro

is my top six at the wishing list
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Make sure you post your list on the Open Vault Disney Facebook page. That is where the Disney contact will be looking. And, I might add, already has!

I should add, it sounds like there may be some great news for "Mr. Boogedy" fans soon! *crossing fingers!*
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Hi, Milo -- I'm not on Facebook, but if you wouldn't mind cutting and pasting my usual wish list on your page so maybe your contact will see it, I'd be grateful:

The Prince and the Pauper (Guy Williams)
The Light in the Forest (James MacArthur)
Escapade in Florence (Annette, Tommy Kirk)
The Horsemasters (Annette, Tommy Kirk)
Sammy, The Way Out Seal (Billy Mumy, Robert Culp)
The Sign of Zorro (Guy Williams)
Zorro the Avenger (Guy Williams)
Dr. Syn Alias the Scarecrow (movie only edition - still demand out there)
Moseby's Marauders (Willie and the Yank) (Kurt Russell)
Secret of Boyne Castle (Guns in the Heather) (Kurt Russell)
Moochie of the Little League (Kevin Corcoran)
Moochie of Pop Warner Football (Kevin Corcoran)
Spin & Marty 2 and 3
Hardy Boys 2
Corky and White Shadow
Secrets of the Pirates Inn
Child of Glass
The Magnificent Rebel
The Waltz King
A Taste of Melon/For the Love of Willadean (Billy Mumy)

All the Ludwig VonDrake, Magic Mirror, Ranger Woodlore, Donald Duck, Jiminy Cricket, Chip n Dale, et al hosted animated hours containing original wraparaound animation

An Adventure in Color -- etc.
Disneyland Showtime (Kurt Russell, Osmonds)
It's Tough to Be a Bird
Dad Can I Borrow the Car? (Kurt Russell)
Scrooge McDuck and Money
From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow
Pacifically Peeking
Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life (Hayley Mills)
Etc.

America the Beautiful

All of Swamp Fox
All of Disney Family Album

Uncut Melody Time and Make Mine Music

...and of course:

Song of the South (Bobby Driscoll, James Baskett)
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

^^^ I'll make sure that list is shared on the page.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

Milo:

I don't have a Facebook either, but if you could pass on the following list, I'd be much obliged:

The Light in the Forest (it is currently available for sale via Disney Educational Products for $29.99, but a DMC Exclusive or Generations release for a cheaper price would be preferable)

The Prince​ and the Pauper (starring Sean Scully​ and Guy Williams​)

The Sign of Zorro (a theatrical film culled from episodes from the Zorro television show)

Zorro the Avenger (a theatrical film culled from episodes from the Zorro television show)

Plus I would love to see the various series from the Disneyland anthology show (in its various incarnations) such as:

The Tales of Texas John Slaughter (the complete series of 17 episodes; starring Tom Tryon​)
•Texas John Slaughter
•Ambush at Laredo
•Killers from Kansas
•Showdown at Sandoval
•The Man from Bitter Creek
•The Slaughter Trail
•The Robber Stallion
•Wild Horse Revenge
•Range War at Tombstone
•Desperado from Tombstone
•Apache Friendship
•Kentucky Gunslick
•Geronimo’s Revenge
•End of the Trail
•A Holster Full of Law
•A Trip to Tucson
•Frank Clell’s in Town

Daniel Boone (the complete series of 4 episodes; starring Dewey Martin)
•The Warrior’s Path
•And Chase the Buffalo
•The Wilderness Road
•The Promised Land

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca (the complete series of 10 episodes (3 episodes were released on Walt Disney Treasures: Legendary Heroes); starring Robert Loggia)
•The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca
•Four Down and Five Lives to Go
•Lawman or Gunman
•Law and Order, Incorporated
•Attorney-at-Law
•The Griswold Murder
•Move Along Mustangers
•Mustang Man, Mustang Maid
•Friendly Enemies at Law
•Gus Tomlin is Dead

The Swamp Fox (the complete series of 8 episodes (3 episodes were released on Walt Disney Treasures: Legendary Heroes); starring Leslie Nielsen)
•The Birth of the Swamp Fox
•Brother Against Brother
•Tory Vengeance
•Day of Reckoning
•Redcoat Strategy
•A Case of Treason
•A Woman’s Courage
•Horses for Greene

The Saga of Andy Burnett (the complete series of 6 episodes; starring Jerome Courtland)
•Andy’s Initiation
•Andy’s First Chore
•Andy’s Love Affair
•The Land of Enemies
•White Man’s Medicine
•The Big Council

The New Adventures of Davy Crockett (the complete series of 5 episodes; starring Tim Dunigan)
•Davy Crockett: Rainbow in the Thunder
•Davy Crockett: A Natural Man
•Davy Crockett: Guardian Spirit
•Davy Crockett: A Letter to Polly
•Davy Crockett: Warrior’s Farewell

Gallegher (the complete series of 3 episodes; starring Roger Mobley)
•Part 1
•Part 2
•Part 3

The Further Adventures of Gallegher (the complete series of 3 episodes)
•A Case of Murder
•The Big Swindle
•The Daily Press vs. City Hall

Gallegher Goes West (the complete series of 4 episodes)
•Showdown with the Sundown Kid
•Crusading Reporter
•Tragedy on the Trail
•Trial by Terror

The Mystery of Edward Sims (the complete series of 2 episodes)
•Part 1
•Part 2

Zorro and Son (the complete series of 5 episodes; starring Henry Darrow as Don Diego de la Vega/Zorro, Sr. and Paul Regina as Don Carlos de la Vega/Zorro, Jr.)
•Zorro and Son (Pilot)
•Beauty and the Mask
•A Fistful of Pesos
•Wash Day
•The Butcher of Barcelona

Darby
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I will pass it on Darby.

-Walt Disney
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

milojthatch wrote:I will pass it on Darby.
Thanks, Milo; I appreciate the effort.

Darby
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Darby wrote:
milojthatch wrote:I will pass it on Darby.
Thanks, Milo; I appreciate the effort.

Darby
Of course. My inside source tells me that Iger has no interest in older titles, that he is more interested in making new ones. So, in many ways that makes our efforts that much harder. They also makes then that much more important.

But, I'm happy to say that not everyone in our favorite company feels this way. There are many who still care about the things of the past, my source included. So, all is not lost!

-Walt Disney
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Thanks, Milo for passing along the list.

I have also frequently heard that the rights holders do not want to use capital for reinvestment in older properties not related to current franchises. Which has to be a concern for the survival and perpetuation of large portions of the Walt Disney library.

At least they are still squeezing out some titles -- we need to support and encourage the release of as many classic shows as possible while prints are still around (especially the anthology titles).
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

merlinjones wrote:Thanks, Milo for passing along the list.

I have also frequently heard that the rights holders do not want to use capital for reinvestment in older properties not related to current franchises. Which has to be a concern for the survival and perpetuation of large portions of the Walt Disney library.

At least they are still squeezing out some titles -- we need to support and encourage the release of as many classic shows as possible while prints are still around (especially the anthology titles).
I had a crazy thought the other day, and I really hope it is not true, but I would not be surprised if Walt -era films and show don't even end up on Blu-ray, save for Animated classic and possibly say "Marry Poppins" or a few films like that Even they I worry about.

I really, truly feel that DVD is the end of the line for many of these vintage titles. I don't see Disney doing much with them going forward. It makes me really pray that they let the copy rights of many of these titles expire so that people who do care about them can release them legally. But, not counting on that, I really think we need to spread the word to as many Disney fans as possible that this could be it. Unless a new CEO takes over later that cares about the past film library more, Disney's current and right now future direction is one that sheds it's past lives. We really need to ingrain this into others waiting for Blu-ray releases. They might not happen.

-Walt Disney
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

Unless a third party distributor comes in. Look at what Mill Creek Entertainment has done so far with the Touchstone catalog. They have released the Blu Ray films of things even like the Walt Disney Productions (and Touchstone Picutres released) "Baby...Secret of the Lost Legend" for the first time ever in its OAR of 2.35:1!

Disney and Intrada have teamed up to release a whole catalog of soundtracks. Why couldn't Disney team up with another distributor to produce and make money off of their old catalog?

In the past Anchor Bay was doing this, but Roy Disney put a stop to it because he believed that Disney should be the one releasing this treasured product. Now the company has no such figure head with this same belief and that then opens up an opportunity for a partnership to release the catalog titles under a different distributor.

The trick becomes not allowing that third party to make a lot of money. The second it becomes successful, Disney will pull the plug and try to do it on their own....botching it up along the way (a la "Journey of Natty Gann" DVD among others).
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I'm hoping the Intrada soundtrack deal (so far a big success with several first pressing sellouts) - - and the Hallmark and TCM screenings -- clue Disney in to the benefits of loaning out the Walt library. It's a good deal for third parties because even Disney's lower sales numbers are big for anybody else.

As for Blu-Ray, I would expect the Walt Disney baby boomer favorites and consistent sellers to make it: Mary Poppins, Parent Trap, 20,000 Leagues, Swiss Family Robinson, Pollyanna, Old Yeller, Love Bug, Bedknobs and Broomsticks at least (and hopefully Darby OGill, Treasure Island, Absent-Minded Professor, etc.). I hope.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

merlinjones wrote:I'm hoping the Intrada soundtrack deal (so far a big success with several first pressing sellouts) - - and the Hallmark and TCM screenings -- clue Disney in to the benefits of loaning out the Walt library. It's a good deal for third parties because even Disney's lower sales numbers are big for anybody else.

As for Blu-Ray, I would expect the Walt Disney baby boomer favorites and consistent sellers to make it: Mary Poppins, Parent Trap, 20,000 Leagues, Swiss Family Robinson, Pollyanna, Old Yeller, Love Bug, Bedknobs and Broomsticks at least (and hopefully Darby OGill, Treasure Island, Absent-Minded Professor, etc.). I hope.
I completely agree with you, save for this. Let's a take a hard look at the past and the current state of things. First, by this time in it's existence, DVD had a lot more catalog titles released then Blu-ray currently does. The only two live action catalog titles that have been either released or announced so far have been "Tron" and "The Rocketter." Both were only released due to tie ins with current films and both are after the Walt-era. There are no Walt Era films on Blu-ray or right now announced.

I think the point and what I'm learning, getting from my experience is that up to now, us Disney fans just expected certain things to all be there. I think those days are done. The current Disney leadership does not care about the past of the company, unless it's Animated Classics or Pixar films. As I've said, DVD may in fact be where the buck stops. As soon as the majority of the fan base gets that and let's it sink in, we can do something about stopping it. But we can expect no support from Bob Iger. He has both feet firmly planted in what he feels in the future.

-Walt Disney
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

milojthatch wrote:
merlinjones wrote:I'm hoping the Intrada soundtrack deal (so far a big success with several first pressing sellouts) - - and the Hallmark and TCM screenings -- clue Disney in to the benefits of loaning out the Walt library. It's a good deal for third parties because even Disney's lower sales numbers are big for anybody else.

I completely agree with you, save for this. Let's a take a hard look at the past and the current state of things. First, by this time in it's existence, DVD had a lot more catalog titles released then Blu-ray currently does. The only two live action catalog titles that have been either released or announced so far have been "Tron" and "The Rocketter." Both were only released due to tie ins with current films and both are after the Walt-era. There are no Walt Era films on Blu-ray or right now announced.

I think the point and what I'm learning, getting from my experience is that up to now, us Disney fans just expected certain things to all be there. I think those days are done. The current Disney leadership does not care about the past of the company, unless it's Animated Classics or Pixar films. As I've said, DVD may in fact be where the buck stops. As soon as the majority of the fan base gets that and let's it sink in, we can do something about stopping it. But we can expect no support from Bob Iger. He has both feet firmly planted in what he feels in the future.
Curious what is the tie in to current films for "The Rocketeer" I have not heard of any new projects connected to it.
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

How many of these were released?
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Papa Bear wrote:Curious what is the tie in to current films for "The Rocketeer" I have not heard of any new projects connected to it.
I'm guessing he's referring to the recent Captain America movie which was directed by Rocketeer's director, Joe Johnston.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:Curious what is the tie in to current films for "The Rocketeer" I have not heard of any new projects connected to it.
I'm guessing he's referring to the recent Captain America movie which was directed by Rocketeer's director, Joe Johnston.
Exactly. I'm sure the 20th Anniversary for the film helped as well, but I truly believe it wasn't enough. They are going after "Captain America" money.

reyquila wrote:How many of these were released?
As of right now, 4 titles in the "Generations Collection," with five other non-Generations Collection DVD-on-Demand titles released. But, we hope that more will come.

-Walt Disney
monks19

Post by monks19 »

Hi Milo, it was said once on your facebook acount that Bob Igert stepped down as CEO at Disney. Any idea who's the new one and what's his/her position on the classics and unreleased materials ?

Thank to answer