Pixar's Cars 3

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: Pixar's Cars 3?

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I like the first option. That has potential.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I like the first option. That has potential.
I'd agree with that. It seems like it could have some major emotional effect like Toy Story 3 and Up, but just in plot summary on it's own

Perhaps this should have been the plot of Cars 2 and not the dumb Spy story :roll:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Cars 3 has been confirmed! Not by Disney of course but from a reliable source nonetheless. Click here to listen to what Michael Wallis said exactly.
Michael Wallis, author of “Route 66: The Mother Road,” recently traveled to Alton, Ill., for a reunion of Western Military Academy alums. You’ll hear him during this 25-minute interview on WGBZ radio in Alton about the military school, plus Route 66 and his role in the movie “Cars.” But about the 22-minute mark, you’ll hear him drop a pretty big nugget of news — that Disney-Pixar will make a “Cars 3″ film that goes back to Route 66 and includes Route 99, a historically significant highway in California.

This isn't idle speculation by Wallis. He'd hinted before about a second “Cars” sequel. And the fact he’s Route 66 consultant for the “Cars” franchise in addition to holding the Sheriff of Radiator Springs role gave his hint more credibility. But instead of hinting, Wallis came right out and said there would be a “Cars 3,” despite the lack of direct confirmation by the studio.
Source: http://route66news.com/2013/08/17/micha ... -a-cars-3/

It was also mentioned in the French press during the promotion of Planes there.
[Oscaro] is already on board with the team at KP Media on future partnerships for "Planes 2" and "Cars 3".
Source: http://www.lesechos.fr/entreprises-sect ... 614199.php
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Pixar's Cars 3 Confirmed!

Post by disneyprincess11 »

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Well, there goes Pixar.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

There are no words.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

:lol: Sorry, but fact that they're doing Cars 3... rotfl
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sotiris wrote:Cars 3 has been confirmed! Not by Disney of course but from a reliable source nonetheless.
Michael Wallis, author of “Route 66: The Mother Road,” recently traveled to Alton, Ill., for a reunion of Western Military Academy alums.
I know exactly where Alton IL is. I've been there many many times.

Regarding Cars 3, I kinda suspected it would given that survey. It was way too descriptive to be anything else. If it's the one going in Space I'll boycott it. The only one that sounds slightly interesting is the stolen Identity Story.

By the way, oh look there goes the chances of an Incredibles Sequel flying out the window. Look at it fly away into oblivion. There it goes, like N'sync sings Bye Bye Bye

EDIT HUGE EDIT

Based on that interview, I'd say this is our plot that I found out about in the survey I took. The Details match this plot to a T

In This New Adventure, Lightning McQueen
Becomes a tour guide in the bustling Metropolis City
and needs to navigate busy streets and familiar
land marks

set in the sunny California's small time racing circuit
this movie will help Lightning McQueen ultimately
discover what truly makes him tick as a racer

The film returns to the familiar town of Radiator springs
and will feature familiar locations like
Luigi's Casa Della Tires, The Cozy Cone Motel
and Flo's V8 Cafe
Also before the survey ended, it asked something to the effect of what would it take to get me to see a Cars 3. I wrote, when Hell Freezes Over :P

DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Not surprised by this. Pixar is now like Dreamworks, having to rely on franchises to sell it's product. But with Inside Out the next film from Pixar I could really care less. They can make more sequeals to Cars, Monsters hell, they can do a sequeal to A Bug's Life all I care. Inside Out is the only Pixar film i'm looking forward to in the future, & it's the next one due, in about 2 years :)
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

DisneyEra wrote:Not surprised by this. Pixar is now like Dreamworks, having to rely on franchises to sell its product.
Do he really need to, though? All of their original movies have been successful.

As for when a Cars 3 gets officially announced...well, I can't wait to see further outpouring of "We Want Incredibles 2" comments. :lol:
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Up until now, I've seen every Pixar film upon its theatrical release. I said I'd stop if we got a Toy Storry 4, a Cars 3, or a Finding Nemo 3.

Guess it's gonna be Cars 3. The second sequel nobody asked for. :angry:
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

As soon as Planes did well in the Box Office I had a feeling that this would occur....

sigh.

Might as well get ready for the announcement of Boats, Trains, Motorbikes and Scooters guys. :roll:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

thelittleursula wrote:
Might as well get ready for the announcement of Boats, Trains, Motorbikes and Scooters guys. :roll:
Don't you means Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Also yeah I've seen every Pixar film, and it looks like I will be dodging this one. Perhaps I'll give it a chance by renting it on DVD, but there's not a good chance I will see this in theaters.

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

estefan wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:Not surprised by this. Pixar is now like Dreamworks, having to rely on franchises to sell its product.
Do he really need to, though? All of their original movies have been successful.
I assume its because they are being pressured into releasing a certain number of films for X amount of time. It probably doesn't take quite as long to do a sequel, and it doesn't even have to be that great of a movie if cars 2 and planes were any indication. There will still be people that will see them. Kids mostly.

I'm going to have to think hard about whether or not I'm going to see this in theaters. Its always been a no brainer until now. I didn't have to justify seeing planes since it wasn't done by pixar (or Disney proper for that matter). And when cars 2 released despite not being excited for it I had no reason to doubt them.

I probably will just out of brand loyalty. Even if its bad I want to at least give them a chance to surprise me. Maybe my expectations will be so low they can actually impress me. Cars 2 seemed rushed, maybe they will try harder this time.

Probably wont matter though, I have issues with the franchise's basic foundation, that is not going to change.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh for goodness sake, really ?

I mean, it could be a wonderful film ... but given the lacklustre first one, then the very poor second, don't have a lot of hope for it.

This really will be another dent in the previously impenetrable Pixar armour . . .
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Cars 2 is what officially ruined Pixar for me (it was the last one I saw in theaters). Brave underwhelmed me when I watched it on Blu-Ray and Monsters University still looks too mediocre to blind buy it first day. They are only digging themselves into a deeper hole with the decision to make Cars 3 and these other unnecessary sequels.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Maybe the first Cars is not as original as other Pixar films, but it is one of my favourite movies from the studio. I was also very excited for Cars 2 and the spy theme when it was announced. And though I liked the sequel too, I have to admit that it’s probably their worst film to date (or the least good).
But now, I don’t know how I feel about a third one because, though I’ve heard rumors before, I never thought they will really make it. If it is confirmed, I hope they put more effort into this movie and they make it different from its predecessors and from the Planes series.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I've never understood the "they made a bad movie so now I won't go see any of their future movies" line of thought. Yeah, Cars 2 most certainly was not my cup of tea, but that hardly means that Pixar is incapable of producing a good movie. Shouldn't it be taken film by film anyways? As in, "this one looks good, I'll go see it! This one doesn't look so good, I think I'll skip." Seems simple enough.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Can't wait till we get Pixar's Foods: "Now, you can eat the characters!". :lol:
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

As if Cars 2 was a steaming heap of crap already, nobody asked for these Cars sequels.