Pixar's Cars 3

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Pixar's Cars 3

Post by Sotiris »

A third Cars movie may be in the works.
Q: I know you can’t say whether it’s happening or not, but are you hoping for a Cars 3?

Larry the Cable Guy: Oh yeah, totally. And probab... [doesn’t finish the word] You know, yeah. Just because it’s such a fun franchise. And as long as we’re still sellin’ the merchandise, and as long as people are going to see the movies, and people are buying [Cars Toons: Mater’s Tall Tales]... we’re going to do more ‘Mater Tales’. We’re doing more of those. And hopefully we’ll see a Cars 3 and hopefully it’s not going to be six years from now. Hopefully we’ll cut that in half and hopefully they’ll start working on a Cars 3 in a couple of years.
Source: http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/l ... 2-and.html
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Pixar's Cars 3?

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sotiris wrote:Interview with the Voice of Mater
http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/l ... 2-and.html
Q: I know you can’t say whether it’s happening or not, but are you hoping for a Cars 3?

A: Oh yeah, totally. And probab... [doesn’t finish the word] You know, yeah.

Just because it’s such a fun franchise. And as long as we’re still sellin’ the merchandise, and as long as people are going to see the movies, and people are buying [Cars Toons: Mater’s Tall Tales]... we’re going to do more ‘Mater Tales’. We’re doing more of those. And hopefully we’ll see a Cars 3 and hopefully it’s not going to be six years from now. Hopefully we’ll cut that in half and hopefully they’ll start working on a Cars 3 in a couple of years.

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Oi. I’m not sure why Cars is the one to get the trilogy treatment after Toy Story. It’s nowhere near as deserving.

That said, Cars 2 does look to be better than the first--though that wasn’t hard--so maybe the third’ll be even better than that? Hmm.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I think Incredibles Deserves a sequel before a Cars 3...I mean what will they be next? Chef Spy Racing??? :P

DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Makes sense. I don't get all the Cars "hate". Its not one of Pixar's strongest films, but its very enjoyable. Also the merchandise sells really well. That's probably one of the main reasons they are talking Cars 3 already.

I would love to see an Incredibles sequel. Easily one of my favorites from Pixar.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

DarthPrime wrote:Makes sense. I don't get all the Cars "hate". Its not one of Pixar's strongest films, but its very enjoyable. Also the merchandise sells really well. That's probably one of the main reasons they are talking Cars 3 already.

I would love to see an Incredibles sequel. Easily one of my favorites from Pixar.
Maybe Cars 3 would be a prequel about Lightning Mcqueen....idk.....I just am not sure about a Cars 3 within the next 3 years.....I like Cars...I really do....and Cars 2 looks good (after more revealed in the trailer, which I still think the first teaser trailer was the worst teaser trailer from Pixar I've seen)

Maybe Cars 3 will be called...Planes, Trains and Automobiles :P

Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

I knew Pixar's success rate was too good to last. :(
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Has it really been two years since Pixar's last original full-length feature film? :P
disneyboy20022 wrote:Maybe Cars 3 will be called...Planes, Trains and Automobiles :P
We would follow the lives of McQueen, a train, and a plane.
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

No, just no! I didn't really like the first one, I'm not interested in the second one so please don't make a third!
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Surprise surprise, a voice actor wants to continue working. Larry's response is expected for a guy who cant be in a decent movie on his own.

Be concerned when Pixar says they want to make it, not when one of the voice actors say their interested. They have the easy part compared to the rest of the crew. I don't think we'll see a third one any time soon. especially with Planes coming up. I know Pixar is kinda shameless when it comes to milking this franchise, but I think even they know there's a risk of over saturation.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I doubt we'll hear anything solid from Pixar themselves until after we see how well part 2 does in the theaters. But I really wouldn't be surprised if they've already got ideas in the works that they're just waiting to greenlight upon its success.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

As much as I enjoyed the first Cars (I kind of find it underrated) and am looking forward to the sequel, I really hope Pixar does NOT do another Cars sequel. The main reason for me is that there really is no point in doing so except to make more money. I really want Pixar to make more original films instead of recycling the same franchises over and over again.

I am, however, in favor of a sequel to The Incredibles, but only if it's done by the same people and has a strong story like the first film.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Sky Syndrome wrote:Has it really been two years since Pixar's last original full-length feature film? :P
When Monster inc came out, it had been 3 years since their last original film.

Now, I dunno about Cars 3. We have a Monsters Prequel coming out, and aside from Brave, we really dont know about any others. I think they need to announce an original project before announcing another sequel for 2014-15.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

ajmrowland wrote:I think they need to announce an original project before announcing another sequel for 2014-15.
Apparently Pete Docter is working an original animated project that is currently "top secret" and the suggestions are it is aimed for release in 2014.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Sky Syndrome wrote:I think they need to announce an original project before announcing another sequel for 2014-15.
I fully agree. I loved "Toy Story 3," don't get me wrong, and while I'm cautions about "Cars 2" and "Monster's University," I'm not defiantly dead set they shouldn't be made, I'm just not happy all these sequels/ prequels are clumped together. I kind of always pictured it that if Pixar made a follow up to one of their films, it would be packaged around a number of original stories before and after the follow up film.

I admit as well, I may feel a little different on this after I see "Cars 2," but as of right now, "Cars 3" has little interest for me. I worry Pixar may tarnish their brand name with too many sequels. Wasn't that the big reason Lassiter shut down shop on all the Disney direct-to-video sequels in the first place? Just saying...

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:I think they need to announce an original project before announcing another sequel for 2014-15.
Apparently Pete Docter is working an original animated project that is currently "top secret" and the suggestions are it is aimed for release in 2014.
I hope so!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I think John is against cheapquels, not full theatrical releases done with a decent budget and top talent working on them that at least matches the original, if not tops them. If Cars 2 is in any way better than the original, and I think it very well might be, we shouldn't complain too much. Not that I want to see it happen either. But when it comes to retaining their high standards they will not have backslid at all. Not until their first critical flop.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

The mantra at Pixar was never that they were against sequels but would only do them if they felt the story was as good or better than the first film. That's the reason we haven't had The Incredibles 2, a film a lot of people seem to want to see, because Brad Bird has said that he so far has not come up with a story that matches the quality of the original film. For what it's worth, I think Cars 2 looks like it will be better than the original, but I do hope that Pixar have some original projects planned.
Last edited by DisneyAnimation88 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Just like tbone2004 said, "Facepalm, apply directly to the forehead."
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Re: Pixar's Cars 3?

Post by Semaj »

Sotiris wrote:Interview with the Voice of Mater
http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/l ... 2-and.html

A: Oh yeah, totally. And probab... [doesn’t finish the word] You know, yeah.

Just because it’s such a fun franchise. And as long as we’re still sellin’ the merchandise, and as long as people are going to see the movies, and people are buying [Cars Toons: Mater’s Tall Tales]... we’re going to do more ‘Mater Tales’. We’re doing more of those. And hopefully we’ll see a Cars 3 and hopefully it’s not going to be six years from now. Hopefully we’ll cut that in half and hopefully they’ll start working on a Cars 3 in a couple of years.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I don't think they'll make a third one. The critical backlash of the second one will probably be the reason.
Last edited by Sotiris on Mon May 21, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage