Sequels, Prequels, & Midquels!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Super Aurora wrote:
Linden wrote: Your "wimmin" post? I don't know. I mean it was idiotic, but I figured it was too stupid to reply to and that everyone else would too. :wink:
no I was referring to a post about the emoticon goliath and Disneyboy20022 were talking about as well as the aladdin game Disneyboy20022 mention.

besides, that "wimmin" post is still up and in a different thread, as well as a joke.
Woops, my bad. I knew it was a joke, but I thought it was in poor taste. I didn't think it was bad enough to be taken off, though (at least for UD), so I was surprised when I mistakenly thought that was the post you were talking about.

Mooky, I'm glad I'm not the only one! There's something about that theme song that I never forgot. I didn't have the Jasmine videos for very long, so I don't remember those particular lyrics, but still it brings back lots of memories! Do you happen to know if the stories were from the TV shows (the Aladdin and Little Mermaid TV shows) or if they were made for home release?

Goliath, I found a VHS copy of Aladdin and the King of Thieves today! But before I watch it, I feel like I should watch the Return of Jafar, even if it is bad quality.

I also found a VHS copy of Belle's Magical World, which is pretty hard to find, I think. But I passed on it. It looked awful. Did I miss out on anything, guys?
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

Linden wrote:I also found a VHS copy of Belle's Magical World, which is pretty hard to find, I think. But I passed on it. It looked awful. Did I miss out on anything, guys?
:headshake:
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Linden wrote:There's something about that theme song that I never forgot. I didn't have the Jasmine videos for very long, so I don't remember those particular lyrics, but still it brings back lots of memories!
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have to jump in for a moment. :D I never had any of these videos, but for some reason I remember the song very well, just something shorter with different lyrics. I guess I must remember them from the promos on some of my other VHS's.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Linden wrote:Mooky, I'm glad I'm not the only one! There's something about that theme song that I never forgot. I didn't have the Jasmine videos for very long, so I don't remember those particular lyrics, but still it brings back lots of memories! Do you happen to know if the stories were from the TV shows (the Aladdin and Little Mermaid TV shows) or if they were made for home release?
Nah, there was nothing new about these releases. Disney just put together a couple of Aladdin / TLM episodes together and released them as "Princess Collection" videos, much in the same vein they did for the more recent Princess DVDs. It was, however, new to me, because at that point I haven't seen either of the shows :).
enigmawing wrote:I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have to jump in for a moment. :D I never had any of these videos, but for some reason I remember the song very well, just something shorter with different lyrics. I guess I must remember them from the promos on some of my other VHS's.
It's a catchy tune and easy to sing along to. Cheesy as hell though :D.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Mooky wrote:
enigmawing wrote:I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have to jump in for a moment. :D I never had any of these videos, but for some reason I remember the song very well, just something shorter with different lyrics. I guess I must remember them from the promos on some of my other VHS's.
It's a catchy tune and easy to sing along to. Cheesy as hell though :D.
Most certainly! :lol: Although it does leave me wondering which of my videos the promo could have been on. I'm thinking probably some of the Sing Along videos or maybe even the Sailor Moon VHS's Buena Vista released? :scratch:
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

I was at Best Buy yesterday and they surprisingly had The Jungle Book 2 (i loved it) and 101 Dalmatians 2(havent seen it) but i didnt get them since i didnt want to break the bank since i was going to the movies after and the food there is more than the admission ticket itself -_-
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Christopher_TCUIH wrote:I was at Best Buy yesterday and they surprisingly had The Jungle Book 2 (i loved it) and 101 Dalmatians 2(havent seen it) but i didnt get them since i didnt want to break the bank since i was going to the movies after and the food there is more than the admission ticket itself -_-
And those two movies are OOP currently but they will probably be a blu ray release in the far off unforeseen future
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Christopher_TCUIH wrote:i didnt want to break the bank since i was going to the movies after and the food there is more than the admission ticket itself -_-
... exactly why you sneak food in!
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Neal wrote:
Christopher_TCUIH wrote:i didnt want to break the bank since i was going to the movies after and the food there is more than the admission ticket itself -_-
... exactly why you sneak food in!
My friend once snuck in a bucket of chicken. :lol:
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Scarred4life wrote:
Neal wrote: ... exactly why you sneak food in!
That man has guts. I salute him.

*Salutes
ImageImageImageImage

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Scarred4life wrote:
Neal wrote: ... exactly why you sneak food in!
Was he black?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Super Aurora wrote:Was he black?
No... He just likes his chicken.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Scarred4life wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:Was he black?
No... He just likes his chicken.
Was this in Kentucky? :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

enigmawing wrote:
Linden wrote:There's something about that theme song that I never forgot. I didn't have the Jasmine videos for very long, so I don't remember those particular lyrics, but still it brings back lots of memories!
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have to jump in for a moment. :D I never had any of these videos, but for some reason I remember the song very well, just something shorter with different lyrics. I guess I must remember them from the promos on some of my other VHS's.
I think I remember a promotional version too, because it included Jasmine and Ariel. One of the lines I remember is "all that we do is exciting and new, with (in?) two kingdoms full of fun, the Princess Collection." Another line was "where Jasmine and Ariel play." I'm guessing if Jasmine had her own song, this can't be the one from my Ariel VHSs. I think I still have them, come to think of it. I'll have to dig them out and watch a little. :D

And thanks for the info, Mooky. I didn't realize I'd ever seen any episodes of those shows. But I guess I actually have!
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

Haha we snuck in candy. She was in charge of the tickets and i was on food duty. Get this... she brought the tiniest purse in the world! The gummy worms and peach rings barely fit!

To bring it back to sequels (in a way) we saw the Hangover II, it was awful haha
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Linden wrote:And thanks for the info, Mooky. I didn't realize I'd ever seen any episodes of those shows. But I guess I actually have!
You're welcome! :)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Linden wrote:I think I remember a promotional version too, because it included Jasmine and Ariel. One of the lines I remember is "all that we do is exciting and new, with (in?) two kingdoms full of fun, the Princess Collection." Another line was "where Jasmine and Ariel play." I'm guessing if Jasmine had her own song, this can't be the one from my Ariel VHSs. I think I still have them, come to think of it. I'll have to dig them out and watch a little. :D
Yes, that's exactly it! :D I actually tried to find that version on youtube but had no luck. Unfortunately I no longer have the videos myself. I do wonder when these episodes were first released as "The Princess Collection" line, maybe 1996 or so? :scratch:
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Wouldn't every other MIckey Mouse cartoon be a sequel to Steamboat Willie?
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

bradhig wrote:Wouldn't every other MIckey Mouse cartoon be a sequel to Steamboat Willie?
Not at all, because they do not continue the story of Steamboat Willie. Just because Mickey has been used in many shorts, does not mean they are connected in any way as a larger story.
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

Wow, I'm suprised there's such a deep amount of hatred for the cartoons.

I agree they're are nowhere NEAR as good as the originals. (Normally that being because the orginals are fairy tales or famous stories)

But I think they're okay to see once for followups to the characters.

I don't think they're supposed to seen as masterpieces, but more like a 'Disney toon adventure'. They don't use the same animation as the major feature department and honestly I think people are expecting too much from them.

To me, they don't take ANYTHING away from the brilliance and masterwork of the originals, they are supposed to support them.

And while I think it's fun to see these characters again I agree the quality is almost much, much lower and they seem to be designed more for just children rather than adults as well.