The 7D

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Jr's 7D

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Never mind.
Last edited by TsWade2 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Eh.. The new designs aren't to bad. :|
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

eh, still hate it.

like alot.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

yeah really "edgy & inspired". Just about every cartoon series on tv looks like this "faux retro minimalist" style.

not my cup of tea...
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

My question is that why is Bashful's hat covering his face? It's reminding me of that one character that I can't remember from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Late to the game, but "The 7D" sounds like a bad One Direction wannabe... :huh:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Am I the only one still interested in this?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Probably haha... I just don't see any appeal to this. I don't understand why they've completely redesigned the dwarfs. I would be behind it if they had simply "updated" the old designs - ala the new Mickey shorts... but as it stands I just have no interest in this. I'm sure it will be entertaining, but I just don't think it fits in the Disney brand anywhere.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

That's fair, and I do agree that the designs aren't to die for, but the talent behind the show and Disney's recent rise in TV animation quality is still what has my interest.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

You're not alone, Avaitor. As a huge Animaniacs fan, I'm really looking forward to what amounts to a reunion of a lot of the same crew who worked on that show.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I've seen worse, but still not really interested.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Big casting news!
Kelly Osbourne is leading the voice cast of Disney's animated series The 7D, a modern-day take on the Seven Dwarfs.

Bill Farmer, Maurice LaMarche, Kevin Michael Richardson, Scott Menville, Dee Bradley Baker, Stephen Stanton, Billy West, Paul Rugg, Jess Harnell and Leigh-Allyn Baker will also voice characters in the summer series, which will be broadcast on three Disney networks (Disney XD, Disney Channel and Disney Junior).

The 7D is set in the contemporary and whimsical world of Jollywood and finds the 7D -- Happy (Richardson), Bashful (West), Sleepy (Stanton), Sneezy (Menville), Dopey (Dee Bradley Baker), Grumpy (LaMarche) and Doc (Farmer) -- hard at work helping the quirky Queen Delightful (Leigh-Allyn Baker) keep her kingdom in order. Rugg voices Lord Starchbottom.

Osbourne voices Hildy Gloom, a novice witch who, together with her warlock husband Grim (Harnell), haplessly plots to overthrow the kingdom. Osbourne's mother, Sharon, is the voice of Mama Hook on Disney Channel's Jake and the Neverland Pirates, marking a Disney family reunion of sorts.

Parry Gripp is the composer on The 7D and performs the theme.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ast-693299
Love how the mom from GL, Charlie is the Queen! rotfl Very cute casting choices! :up:
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

This is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. And really disrespectful to Walt's legacy. An animated series about the REAL dwarves would have been fun, but this is the Disney channel so of course they don't do anything right anymore :angry:
LADY Image CLUCK
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The designs for the dwarfs have been tweaked, particularly Sneezy and Dopey.

BEFORE

Source: http://www.nickandmore.com/2012/06/19/d ... ed-series/

AFTER

Source: http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/kel ... ive-image/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Lady Cluck wrote:This is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. And really disrespectful to Walt's legacy. An animated series about the REAL dwarves would have been fun, but this is the Disney channel so of course they don't do anything right anymore :angry:
Here here! This is a monstrosity. And I don't care if this is from the creators of Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, even though I enjoy those shows.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Whilst the new designs are slightly more pleasing (and that's not saying much), this isn't something I have any enthusiasm for.
The designs look cheapish, if that is the right word. I can't stand 'fish hooks' for the same reason. The animation just doesn't grab me. I find it kind of repulsive, which I know, seems very harsh.

I remember the Disney cartoons of my youth and the animation looks properly lush in comparison to this. Gummi Bears, TLM, Aladdin, The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It wasn't film quality but they still looked great and I couldn't really tell back then. I feel spoiled that I got to grow up with great shows that I still remember with huge fondness. All these shows felt like a level of care had been given and I feel sad that Disney won't do the same for the kids of today.

You never know though, 7D might be good.
Problem is they aren't my seven dwarfs as I know and love them. I don't see what is wrong with updating the 1937 designs. That certainly would have kept the film fans happy and made us more inclined to give this a chance.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I wonder they did change the designs so completely; if they are trying to disassociate so much from the original, it makes me wonder why they even bothered to call them the same names ?
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

Seeing the designs, I can't help but think this is Disney's answer to the minions of the "Despicable Me" franchise. Only that the dwarfs look more like the poor man's version.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

I want them dead.

Summon the Disney villains. Most likely Scar, Frollo- any of them that has killed a Disney character before.