VIP rejoin offer

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
FrugalFreak

VIP rejoin offer

Post by FrugalFreak »

Anyone else receive a letter to cancel current membership and to rejoin DMC? Why would they offer this option rather than just offering discounts to VIPs? I did some price calculations

to rejoin and fullfill all commitments again $90.xx free ship initial for 7 selections + 3 ship fees ($3.99).
To order same movies with current VIP account - $117.xx cost & shipping all
(have to pay 1 full price selection anyways to order)

Why the offer, just for commitment for 3 more but cheaper price? Do they just not want to offer free shipping offers for VIPs?

What's your thoughts?
:?
My Disney Collection-http://goo.gl/KjSrb
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: VIP rejoin offer

Post by disneyboy20022 »

FrugalFreak wrote:Anyone else receive a letter to cancel current membership and to rejoin DMC? Why would they offer this option rather than just offering discounts to VIPs? I did some price calculations

to rejoin and fullfill all commitments again $90.xx free ship initial for 7 selections + 3 ship fees ($3.99).

Why the offer, just for commitment for 3 more but cheaper price? Do they just not want to offer free shipping offers for VIPs?

What's your thoughts?

If it was an email, I wouldn't do anything with it, maybe contact Disney Movie Club By Phone, by calling this number, that is on the DMC FAQ site
you may also call us at 1-800-362-4587 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time Monday-Friday
If it was a letter in the mail, I'd do the same thing. Be Cautious.....and it's better to be safer than sorry later
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
FrugalFreak

Re: VIP rejoin offer

Post by FrugalFreak »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
FrugalFreak wrote:Anyone else receive a letter to cancel current membership and to rejoin DMC? Why would they offer this option rather than just offering discounts to VIPs? I did some price calculations

What's your thoughts?

If it was an email, I wouldn't do anything with it, maybe contact Disney Movie Club By Phone, by calling this number, that is on the DMC FAQ site
you may also call us at 1-800-362-4587 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time Monday-Friday
If it was a letter in the mail, I'd do the same thing. Be Cautious.....and it's better to be safer than sorry later
I called Disney from number I had saved for guest services on my phonebook and it was legit. I cancelled and rejoined. I asked why the weird offer, they said it was just another option. It came as postal mailed letter with disney offer brochures with a valued member code.

I was just curious if it was a one person targeted offer or more widely spread among VIPs. I hadn't ordered in a while, so wondered if it spurred this offer.
My Disney Collection-http://goo.gl/KjSrb
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Rejoining the Disney Movie Club

Post by Mouseketodd »

Yes, I've received the "re-invitation" and acted on it. I don't know why they do it. I looked at it as an opportunity to get a large amount of Disney Exclusive DVDs I hadn't had the money to keep up on earlier.

And now again, there are numerous titles that have been released faster than my money allows!
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I think they do it because if you haven't bought anything in a while, they might think you won't buy anything soon either. Be getting you to quit and rejoin, they've guaranteed a $90 or so dollar sale that they weren't getting otherwise. Also, they've gotten you to look closely at the club again, and it's more likely that you'll buy something else.