Glen Keane Moving to DreamWorks?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Re: Glen Keane and now feel it is not the same as before

Post by ajmrowland »

Refael wrote:You thought what good times are Disney's 1984-1994
Not just done a movie called "Waking Sleeping Beauty"
That these good times are the years they worked,
Because let me tell you specifically what makes good movies plates,
These mainly people, amazing people who understand the mind of one of the other connected to work as one.
Where's amazing times:
Eric Goldberg, Glen Keane, Lisa Keene, Andreas Deja, Mark Henn ....
That's why successful people are the years Matt and everyone was half-hearted dissent similar ideas
These great talents, it seems clear aim to create exciting movies.

Glen Keane and now feel it is not the same as before, the three take over the world
Most young people that all this top three dimensional modeling, painting and artistic intent "real Disney"
If all due respect to John Lasseter Pixar determine who was directing and production rules for three dimensions.
They do it great

Glen Keane and give people the good times to run the Disney
Talk where they truly belong
Why is it that every time I read one of your posts, I expect to see rhymes?

anyway, because it's so warm n'fuzzy in here with good news borne by talking trees, I'm gonna leave this thread for a bit.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Re: Glen Keane and now feel it is not the same as before

Post by Super Aurora »

ajmrowland wrote:
Refael wrote:You thought what good times are Disney's 1984-1994
Not just done a movie called "Waking Sleeping Beauty"
That these good times are the years they worked,
Because let me tell you specifically what makes good movies plates,
These mainly people, amazing people who understand the mind of one of the other connected to work as one.
Where's amazing times:
Eric Goldberg, Glen Keane, Lisa Keene, Andreas Deja, Mark Henn ....
That's why successful people are the years Matt and everyone was half-hearted dissent similar ideas
These great talents, it seems clear aim to create exciting movies.

Glen Keane and now feel it is not the same as before, the three take over the world
Most young people that all this top three dimensional modeling, painting and artistic intent "real Disney"
If all due respect to John Lasseter Pixar determine who was directing and production rules for three dimensions.
They do it great

Glen Keane and give people the good times to run the Disney
Talk where they truly belong
Why is it that every time I read one of your posts, I expect to see rhymes?

anyway, because it's so warm n'fuzzy in here with good news borne by talking trees, I'm gonna leave this thread for a bit.

LOL I wasn't only one trying to ask myself why he keep typing in a poem format. Kinda like Mr. "Dear Disney Enthusiast..."
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

Disneyphile wrote:Because what does John Lasseter know about making movies anyway?
I don't think that's the point. It's more that he seems to be unable to let other people's movies actually be other people's movies. Of course you want to continually put out a quality product with each movie, but by micro-managing it, you just end up with similar movies that have no real identity. The only reason it actually works is because they continue to be good.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

It would be bad for Disney if he really left... But I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Working conditions at Disney are shit. This has been known for a very long time. (Whether it's the animation or the comics divisions.) So I wouldn't blame him for leaving. The question is: would he be happy working for a studio that puts out so many awful flops?

SpringHeelJack wrote:And I also love how certain people here play Chicken Little with a rumor. Always makes for entertaining reads.
Why do you think I keep coming here? ;)
jpanimation wrote:^Why do you always overreact :lol:
Just to give me something to LOL at. :D
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Goliath wrote:The question is: would he be happy working for a studio that puts out so many awful flops?
If you mean box-office wise, I don't think DreamWorks has put out a flop since Flushed Away. Otherwise, they're doing pretty well on that front.

If you're talking quality, their overall catalogue is mixed, but they've been having more quality control lately. How to Train Your Dragon got extremely positive reviews as did Kung Fu Panda. Megamind and Bee Movie also got decent notices from critics.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Goliath wrote:The question is: would he be happy working for a studio that puts out so many awful flops?
That's the question of the day right there. What's the greater tradeoff, creative control or quality control? In my opinion, it's the challenge and the pushing that makes an artist good. If they're held to a high standard then they can produce the best work they can. If they're not pushed to do their best than the quality may suffer.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Glen Keane Trucking On?
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... ng-on.html
So I bopped over to the hat building a bit of a while ago to see what's up about Glen. Came up empty, but one of the animators told me this:

"I haven't heard a thing about Glen leaving. He's off in another part of the building. But it wouldn't surprise me. There's not much for animators to do around here, and it drives people nuts. Mike Surrey left. And Glen? Like I say, wouldn't surprise me ..."
Also, in the comments section:
A: Glen has told several people that he has an offer from Jeffrey Katzenberg. It's known inside the Hat Building. Surprised it took this long to vet out.

B: Actually, he isn't leaving Disney.

A: Then he needs to tell everyone that he has turned down the offer. As of last week, he was still mulling it.
Apparently, Sony has just doubled what DW offered Glen. GO GLEN!
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
BK
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BK »

What a sh!tstorm in here.

Hope he moves and Dreamworks start maintaining a high quality. Lasseter will have no choice but to let Pixar revert to the time before John's word is law came about.

I love Pixar to death but Lasseter, not so much, overrated and seems like power's got to his head.

Of the Pixar films, I like all of the non-Lasseter films more, so you might also see why this whole John-driven crap doesn't impress me in the slightest. Don't be a tyrannous sell-out, hasn't history taught you anything?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

SWillie! wrote:This is just one more way that he is the modern day Walt Disney.
:headshake: You just can't compare Lasseter whose studio produced great animated movies to Walt who revolutionized not only the animation or the film industry but the entertainment industry in general.
DisneyAnimation88 wrote:In any profession, if you disagree with your boss or have some type of falling out with them, then there is going to be a risk that you might lose your job. Lasseter knows what it's like to be fired, as he was himself quite abruptly by Disney in the 1980's, and I doubt he takes any enjoyment in removing a director from their film. That being said, he is within his rights as the chief creative officer to do so, especially if he feels that it serves the best interests of the film.
SWillie! wrote:Basically what I'm saying is that Lasseter is doing the best job he can to put out quality films while still retaining what he feels "Pixar" should be. With it being his company and all, I think that's fair, and I think he's doing a great job.
Owning the company and being the "boss" is not an excuse to treat your artists and employees this way or proclaiming "creative freedom" and wanting artists with a vision who can break storytelling boundaries etc when you really want is for them to merely execute your vision. Chapman's and Sanford's treatment are great examples of this.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but if Katzenberg who has been a notorious micro-manager when he was back at Disney and at his early years at DreamWorks, can actually let go and trust the artists and directors he hired, I don't understand why Lasseter can't do the same and still produce a high-quality product.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Sotiris wrote:Owning the company and being the "boss" is not an excuse to treat your artists and employees this way or proclaiming "creative freedom" and wanting artists with a vision who can break storytelling boundaries etc when you really want is for them to merely execute your vision. Chapman's and Sanford's treatment are great examples of this.
In regards to that, I would ask do you know every detail of why these two people left Pixar? There are always two sides to every story but it seems that, like in the case with Chris Sanders, some people choose to believe that it is the fault of John Lasseter, who now seems to be some sort of ego-maniacal dictator, without knowing the full extent of the circumstances. That's not how Bruce Smith, a current senior animator at Disney sees things:

“Lasseter completely changed the mentality of this place,” Smith stated. “John’s a winner. So he brought that attitude into this Studio. He’s also an artist and a storyteller. Which is why you get very different notes now from Dailies. We’re no longer servicing some executive’s ego. It’s now always about how can we make this picture better.”
Sotiris wrote:I understand what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but if Katzenberg who has been a notorious micro-manager when he was back at Disney and at his early years at DreamWorks, can actually let go and trust the artists and directors he hired, I don't understand why Lasseter can't do the same and still produce a high-quality product.
And when Katzenberg micro-managed at Disney, the result was the second "golden era" of animation. At Disney, it seems strong leaders like Walt, Katzenberg and Lasseter get the best out of the majority of the staff and their films.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:At Disney, it seems strong leaders like Walt, Katzenberg and Lasseter get the best out of the majority of the staff and their films.
But they didn't live in the same eras, time has been really different for each of them. In the Walt era it was all about innovation, Katzenberg was struggling with competition as Disney didn't have any important competition before that time so they HAD to make better and better movies (even so they unexpectedly got an oscar nomination), right now it is all about box office success, not just in Disney but Hollywood in general, it seems that every studio is more money hungry than anything, we rarely see new concepts and ideas at the theaters, cause it's all remakes, sequels, franchises, comic heroes, etc. So in my opinion, it's not about which studio makes the best animated movie, but who makes the most profitable one, I'm sure Dreamworks has learned with HTTYD and Disney MUST have learned with Tangled that making an actually Good movie is also important. Pixar is a different story cause they've built a great position for themselves, you know a new pixar movie is going to be good only because it's Pixar, even "small projects" like 'Cars 2' are guarantied to be good.
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

PheR wrote:So in my opinion, it's not about which studio makes the best animated movie, but who makes the most profitable one
Agreed. But as you say, that's true of every studio in Hollywood. And with the amount of money Disney spent on making Tangled, you can't blame them for wanting it to make a lot of that money back.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:In regards to that, I would ask do you know every detail of why these two people left Pixar? There are always two sides to every story but it seems that, like in the case with Chris Sanders, some people choose to believe that it is the fault of John Lasseter, who now seems to be some sort of ego-maniacal dictator, without knowing the full extent of the circumstances.

You're right in that we need to know both sides of the story but we don't. We can only make assumptions from the story that we do hear. The story that we did hear was:
Sanders had apparently been informed before last Wednesday that he was no longer going to be the director, and according to this source, was deeply disappointed, hurt and angered. The source also writes, “Chris felt like his heart had been ripped out, and he didn’t expect if from someone (Lasseter) who always talks about a director-driven studio model. This was totally Chris’ project from the start, he was pouring himself into it, and now he’s fired.”
Source: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/chris ... n-dog.html

There have been some that have claimed to have seen early reels of "American Dog" and proclaimed it to have been a "mess". But every film has story problems but you persist and resolve them. You cannot judge from early reels or some storyboards whether the finished film would be the same since during the process of creating an animated film a lot of things get reworked and rewritten. I just find hard to believe that the creators of such critical and commercial successes like Lilo & Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon could not have made this film work eventually.

Here's what John Sanford has said about American Dog:
Almost every single animated film ever made is “unwatchable” or “an unmitigated disaster” for the first few screenings. Then, with a little support and a lot of hard work, they come together. I’ll say this about American Dog: It endured 2 years of fussing by David Stainton. Then, the Pixar group came in and dictated that almost EVERYTHING be changed, including some of the more fantastic elements. A big one? Chris wanted the dog to talk. “That doesn’t make any sense!” The Pixar group declared! Talking cars are okay, and a house can be lifted by balloons but a talking dog? Well, that is just ridiculous. Chris’s original movie was like “The Big Lebowksi” meets “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas” with talking animals.
Source: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film ... brave.html

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:That's not how Bruce Smith, a current senior animator at Disney sees things: “Lasseter completely changed the mentality of this place,” Smith stated. “John’s a winner. So he brought that attitude into this Studio. He’s also an artist and a storyteller. Which is why you get very different notes now from Dailies. We’re no longer servicing some executive’s ego. It’s now always about how can we make this picture better.”
It's not only Bruce Smith, but a lot of directors and artists, including Glen who is now pondering to leave Disney, have praised John Lasseter when he first came to run WDAS. And not unworthily, since he did improve the product Disney was producing. However, a lot of people became quickly disillusioned with Lasseter's managing strategies. It's not a coincidence that a lot of Disney and Pixar artists are fleeing to DreamWorks. And it's certainly not a "rumour" that DreamWorks is the best studio for an artist to be working for right now. I don't understand why some cannot admit that Disney lacks in the area of working conditions and needs to treat their employees better and improve the overall working environment. We need to be more objective and give praise where it's deserved but also criticize where it's needed.
DisneyAnimation88 wrote:And when Katzenberg micro-managed at Disney, the result was the second "golden era" of animation. At Disney, it seems strong leaders like Walt, Katzenberg and Lasseter get the best out of the majority of the staff and their films.
That wasn't the result of micro-management but of "a perfect storm of people and circumstances". That's why Katzenberg later when he founded DreamWorks could not replicate the same artistic and commercial success as Disney's "second golden age".

Forgive me if I'm wrong but are you actually defending "micro-managing" and view it as a positive business management model? :? :o
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Sotiris wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but are you actually defending "micro-managing" and view it as a positive business management model?
I'm not defending micro-management but I do think that Lasseter should be cut some slack from fans of Disney. I admit that I've always admired Lasseter and perhaps I'm a little biased because of that but in the space of four years, I think he's done a really good job so far. Had it not been for him, a lot of Disney's best animators, including Glen Keane, would not have had a studio to continue in traditional hand-drawn animation. The films produced under Lasseter have also been successful and, in my opinion, very good. What would have happened had Lasseter not come to Disney? Had they continued to produce terrible CG films like Chicken Little, how long would animation have continued? I won't argue that the consensus of opinion is that DreamWorks is a nicer place to work than Disney. Perhaps I simply haveblind faith but I believe that with Lasseter in charge, things can only continue to improve at Disney. If I'm proved wrong, fine, but I think four years is too short of a time to form an absolute opinion of someone in charge of such an unpredictable place as Disney animation.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Sotiris wrote:I understand what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but if Katzenberg who has been a notorious micro-manager when he was back at Disney and at his early years at DreamWorks, can actually let go and trust the artists and directors he hired, I don't understand why Lasseter can't do the same and still produce a high-quality product.
You just answered yourself. Katzenberg micro-managed at Disney in the late 80s, early 90s, and what does he have to show for it? A string of movies that most consider some of the best animated films of all time. Then he moved to Dreamworks and lightened up. And what does he have to show for it? A string of movies that is incredibly inconsistent, with a few big hits, and a few MAJOR bombs.

So, moving to Pixar... Lasseter micro-manages, and what does HE have to show for it? The most successful animation studio of all time. Like I said, once that changes, then perhaps his managing system should change. But until then, the product he is producing is going to decide how he does things.

EDIT: Just saw that my point has already been discussed. I, too, am not "defending" micro-management... if it could be different, I sure as hell would want it to be. But I'm looking at it realistically from the standpoint of the people in charge. Basically, when doing it this way = more money, that's the way it's gonna be done until that equation stops being true. You're only looking at it through a creative standpoint. I wish the creatives were in charge as well and things could be that way, but that's just simply not how the world works, unfortunately.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

SWillie! wrote:You just answered yourself. Katzenberg micro-managed at Disney in the late 80s, early 90s, and what does he have to show for it? A string of movies that most consider some of the best animated films of all time. Then he moved to Dreamworks and lightened up. And what does he have to show for it? A string of movies that is incredibly inconsistent, with a few big hits, and a few MAJOR bombs.

That wasn't the result of micro-management but of "a perfect storm of people and circumstances". Let's not forget Roy E. Disney, Howard Ashman, and other creative forces at the studio that time. It was not a one-man show. That's why Katzenberg alone when he founded DreamWorks could not replicate the same artistic and commercial success as Disney's "second golden age". You cannot attribute Disney's success to Katzenberg's micro-management.

Katzenberg did not change his management style when he founded DreamWorks but he's only "lighten up" the last 4-5 years which has created a better working environment and the studio is gradually producing higher-quality product than before.

And it's not just an issue of micro-management anyway; its about overall working conditions. Especially at Disney, there are long hours, low pay, constant lay-offs, very few projects in development etc. If everything is great at Disney then why are so many artists are abandoning Disney for DreamWorks?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

SWillie! wrote: So, moving to Pixar... Lasseter micro-manages, and what does HE have to show for it? The most successful animation studio of all time.
You have to know that's a clear exaggeration. The studio hasn't even been open for two decades, and even with each film its made being a huge hit, they could hardly have topped all of Disney's 50 films and 80 years of history. And some of that history has been without its leader (Disney), whereas Pixar is still in its hey-day with Lasseter in charge. That is if we're talking about finances.

If we're talking about consistent quality, I would rank Ghibli as a serious contender for that spot. There's only one or two they've had that I'm not crazy about.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Sotiris wrote:That wasn't the result of micro-management but of "a perfect storm of people and circumstances". Let's not forget Roy E. Disney, Howard Ashman, and other creative forces at the studio that time. It was not a one-man show. That's why Katzenberg alone when he founded DreamWorks could not replicate the same artistic and commercial success as Disney's "second golden age". You cannot attribute Disney's success to Katzenberg's micro-management.
The issue of Katzenberg't time at Disney is an interesting one. One of my favourite books on the company is James Stewart's DisneyWar and if you believe that, during his time at Disney, Katzenberg was pretty much despised by a lot of people there, particularly Roy E. Disney. If you believe the book, it was Roy who told actually told Eisner to fire Katzenberg. I think as Katzenberg's gotten older, he's become a lot easier to tolerate and work for but, if you believe the stories, he was a lot worse than Lasseter supposedly is now.
Sotiris wrote:And it's not just an issue of micro-management anyway; its about overall working conditions. Especially at Disney, there are long hours, low pay, constant lay-offs, very few projects in development etc. If everything is great at Disney then why are so many artists are abandoning Disney for DreamWorks?
Would you say that that is a hangover from the Eisner era? What is the situation with contracts at Disney animation, are senior animators like Keane and Deja on long-term deals? I've seen conflicting reports that Keane is reaching the end of a ten-year deal but I didn't think Disney offered contracts like that to animators.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Sotiris wrote:
SWillie! wrote:You just answered yourself. Katzenberg micro-managed at Disney in the late 80s, early 90s, and what does he have to show for it? A string of movies that most consider some of the best animated films of all time. Then he moved to Dreamworks and lightened up. And what does he have to show for it? A string of movies that is incredibly inconsistent, with a few big hits, and a few MAJOR bombs.

That wasn't the result of micro-management but of "a perfect storm of people and circumstances". Let's not forget Roy E. Disney, Howard Ashman, and other creative forces at the studio that time. It was not a one-man show. That's why Katzenberg alone when he founded DreamWorks could not replicate the same artistic and commercial success as Disney's "second golden age". You cannot attribute Disney's success to Katzenberg's micro-management.

Katzenberg did not change his management style when he founded DreamWorks but he's only "lighten up" the last 4-5 years which has created a better working environment and the studio is gradually producing higher-quality product than before.

And it's not just an issue of micro-management anyway; its about overall working conditions. Especially at Disney, there are long hours, low pay, constant lay-offs, very few projects in development etc. If everything is great at Disney then why are so many artists are abandoning Disney for DreamWorks?
First, I never said everything was great at Disney. I'm not trying to pretend like it is.

Second, I also never said that the golden age happened because of Katzenberg and Katzenberg alone. But again, you're refusing to look at it from a management perspective. While Katzenberg was there, he micro-managed. And while the true reason the films were spectacular was the creative force behind them, Jeffrey also sees the fact that "I did things this way, and it turned out great. Now at my new studio Dreamworks, I'm going to do the same thing." But then a few years down the road, he sees that that form of management isn't working with the creative force that he has at Dreamworks, and so now he has been forced to change the way he does things. It's the basic concept of "if it's not broken, don't fix it." Katzenberg has had to fix it, because it DID break... but only after he started Dreamworks.

Lasseter, on the other hand, has no reason to change the way he does things... at least not yet. He has done things his way from the very beginning... whether you or I consider that tyrannical is of no consequence. The mere fact that so far, Pixar has put out hit after hit after hit allows JL do keep doing things however he sees fit - because it's working.

One day, Pixar will put out a movie that doesn't do a ridiculous amount at the box office. When that day comes, people will look at Lasseter and say "why didn't this work? You've always made it work in the past? What happened?" And Lasseter will probably have to start changing the way he does things. But until that day comes, nothing will change. To think otherwise is just false hope. Again, it's the suits' mentality of if it's not broken, don't fix it.

About the overall working conditions, I absolutely agree. It's sad that things are the way we hear they are. I hope they change sooner than later. You're making me out to be the bad guy, when the only difference between the way we feel about the whole scenario is the fact that I'm looking at it through a realistic lens, and you're looking at it from a creative lens. Like I said, if I could have things different in my little perfect world, I would. But that's simply not going to happen.

And Divinity - First, of course we're talking about finances. That is, after all, what makes a movie a "success". When quality is good but money is bad, it creates a cult classic. Not a "success." And no, that's not an exaggeration. If you add up the box office of every movie made in each studio's history, then divide by the number of movies the studio has made, you will find that Pixar has the highest average. So from an average perspective, Pixar is the most successful studio of all time.

If that's not good enough for you, then look at the first twenty years of each of the big studios. Once Disney became a financial success with Snow White, the studio started off... okay. Pinocchio didn't do very well, Fantasia BOMBED, Dumbo did well, Bambi did horrible. Then of course there was the war. So obviously Disney didn't do nearly as well as Pixar has in the first twenty years. It's unfair to compare twenty years of Pixar with 80 years of Disney. If you're going to do that, then of course Disney is more successful. But that's called weighted judging.

So, what else do we have besides Disney? Dreamworks of course... but their first twenty years have been all over the map, so it's really no comparison money-wise (read: success-wise). And then there's Don Bluth, Sony, Blue Sky. It's hard to put Ghibli in the same comparison, just because it's so different. Like you said, quality wise it's up there with Pixar (at least in the majority opinion)... but it's really hard to compare them success-wise, simply because I'm not sure how the box office in Japan would convert to US b.o. in order to be comparable.

So, based on both the average box-office wise of the studio's history, and the first twenty years straight-comparison... Pixar is the most successful animation studio of all time. It's pretty much agreed upon within the industry. I know Pixar isn't YOUR favorite, Divinity, but that's besides the point.

SO to pull everything together... if Pixar is (let's just say arguably so that opinions don't get in the way here)... if Pixar is arguably the most successful animation studio of all time, why would the people in charge of said studio (aka Lasseter) change the way they have done things thus far?

They wouldn't. They'd be stupid to. In a perfect world, creativity would come first. But in this world, money comes first. It's unfortunate, but it's true.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don’t know, just saying it like that--“Pixar is the most successful studio of ALL TIME”--comes across wrong because it seems like money is being equated with "best." Which is always going to be debatable, because there are many other studios out there--not just Disney.

Also, I have to ask if the weighted average is adjusted for inflation? I’m pretty sure Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Snow White, and a bunch of others--before you even get to the ‘90s--did very well over the years. Even Dreamworks, I thought, had been pretty well-off financially despite the quality. The only flop that immediately comes to mind is Shark Tale. Maybe Antz? I don't know enough about their grosses to say, but they've had some huge hits over the years (the Shrek series, with is 4 films now; Madagascar 1 and 2; KFP; HTTYD; and more that I'm probably not remembering).
It's unfair to compare twenty years of Pixar with 80 years of Disney. If you're going to do that, then of course Disney is more successful. But that's called weighted judging.
I agree. That’s why I feel it’s unfair to compare Pixar’s 15 years to Disney’s 80 because Disney has gone through many dark periods since Disney died which Pixar has not had the misfortune to experience--maybe they never will, but it's hard to say from the perspective of their glory days. Even Disney’s first 20 years were a completely different time from Pixar's first 20 because of WWII. And I’m sure those dark periods bring its average down. When Pixar has managed to survive 80 years without any dark periods, then I would agree. But I honestly don't believe they're on equal ground so it's impossible to compare them, which is why I called it an exaggeration.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"