Lady and The Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-Ray in 2012!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Scamander wrote:
Lnds500 wrote: why? do they use a 4:3 version for older movies? I can't recall.
The actually do...
I believe the restoration is from an old master (the same used for the Platinum edition), hence the blue logo
...like on Bambi, where the new restoration is also based on the Platinum Edition.
I don't know then..why wouldn't they put the normal 16:9 version and then show the movie in CinemaScope?
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Well, it's Disney- maybe they have an entirely different reason or none at all (as I could imagine). Disney changes its plans for future releases like in every minute.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Nice interview with Peggy Lee's granddaughter:
Lady and the Tramp’s Peggy Lee on the right side of the (sound)tracks!
http://animatedviews.com/2012/lady-and- ... undtracks/
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Right, um....

I started watching the Blu-ray and the loading icon thingy was of a clock and I'm confused. Shouldn't that be for the Blu-ray of Cinderella? Speaking of which, can anyone care to explain the newer voices in the preview for said movie? :?
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

The clock/calendar are recurring motifs during the montage of Lady waiting for the baby to be born.

As for the trailers, Disney have used alternate voices for trailers for years. First time I noticed it was Sleeping Beauty is 2008, when I first got into watching Disney releases. They are probably used because they are louder and clearer/easier to understand during quick 30s adverts, especially for the aged films.

Having said that, the trailers for Lady in Australia used the original voices IIRC.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Victurtle wrote:The clock/calendar are recurring motifs during the montage of Lady waiting for the baby to be born.

As for the trailers, Disney have used alternate voices for trailers for years. First time I noticed it was Sleeping Beauty is 2008, when I first got into watching Disney releases. They are probably used because they are louder and clearer/easier to understand during quick 30s adverts, especially for the aged films.

Having said that, the trailers for Lady in Australia used the original voices IIRC.
They must use sound-alikes cause it's harder to isolate the voices from the original recording. In the Greek trailers for pocahontas, lady and the tramp and Cinderella, you can easily hear the original music playing when the voices are heard. That should be the reason Cinderella's trailer was released dubless at first.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

So, does anyone care there is no 4:3 version on the Blu-ray? It doesn't really bother me as the new transfer is breathtaking but I was curious.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

The_Iceflash wrote:So, does anyone care there is no 4:3 version on the Blu-ray? It doesn't really bother me as the new transfer is breathtaking but I was curious.
The only worthwhile 4:3 version would be the alternatively framed version, which did get released on VHS/laserdisc during the late 90s. Any generic pan-and-scan version (which I presume you are referencing) would be reasonably worthless as far as I'm concerned.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

There is a legimate alternative Academy aspect ratio ´that has not been restored to 1080 and the more worthless Pan & scan presentation that was released on some editions of the US Platium DVDs
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.