Lady and The Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-Ray in 2012!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

I don't think that will we the definite cover art, because its the same as the platinum edition, even the same font for the title :P Or Disney is just getting lazy
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Though the Best Buy iron/steel book for Lion King Diamond Edition is the same cover as the Collector's DVD Gift Set for Platinum Edition - I'm okay with repeat covers if they're good ones. Sideways titles, however, are not good under any circumstances!
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

luckly that cover is just a temp, the new logo is looking much more bet'ter than the sideway *ugh* Disney go back to old title across the cover, we don't care if the "across the cover" title interfers with the pic's beauty.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

The logo on the sneak peek for dumbo looks good. They will probably use that one. Sideways titles are pretty unsightly though ;/ The trailer is marketed almost like a modern romantic comedy. The funny thing is my friend just ordered me a copy of the platinum edition last week. I should get it in the mail soon lol
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Perhaps for its 2019 re-release, the title will be upside-down and have "Disney Walt" above it and the film's picture is given sepia tone and the audio track has audience participation added to it.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

I'm really glad they have the sideways font partially covering the restaurant owner, better to have the title covering a character rather than the blank wall space on the top right! :roll:
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

monorail91 wrote:I'm really glad they have the sideways font partially covering the restaurant owner, better to have the title covering a character rather than the blank wall space on the top right! :roll:
Because that is a Canadian ad, it is likely that Lady and the Tramp will be smaller and purely vertical, meaning that he will not be covered.
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

monorail91 wrote:I'm really glad they have the sideways font partially covering the restaurant owner, better to have the title covering a character rather than the blank wall space on the top right! :roll:
That's probably not even going to be the cover art in the first place - its the same art for the Platinum DVD. Another point to be made is that this is an ad.. although the sideways title does hint to it being vertical on the Blu-ray, nothing is definitive.
"Good and bad are labels created by people. Nature doesn't have such concepts."
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

I wasn't speculating on whether it'd be the cover art or not, I just think it's ridiculous to have text covering up a character - it looks stupid as a cover, promo poster, or any kind of marketing piece!
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I hope it is the BD cover :D I have no problem with it being the same artwork as the PE as it's simply perfect.
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

monorail91 wrote:I wasn't speculating on whether it'd be the cover art or not, I just think it's ridiculous to have text covering up a character - it looks stupid as a cover, promo poster, or any kind of marketing piece!
My mistake, and I would agree with you that it looks kinda dumb (although Disney's done worse). At any rate, I'd agree with nachonaco then. The US version of the ad will probably not cover the character once the french title is gone.
Victurtle wrote:I hope it is the BD cover I have no problem with it being the same artwork as the PE as it's simply perfect.
I certainly wouldn't mind it as the BD cover! It does look very nice, but Disney would never do that. Although I'm interested to see what they come up with, as I really don't see them using any other scene as the cover art haha.
"Good and bad are labels created by people. Nature doesn't have such concepts."
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Haha you're right, I can't wait to see what they decide to do.
pick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pick »

Guys, the BD/DVD will be released here in Brazil on... JANUARY 18! Too soon, right?!?!? And the sequel will be released on BD as well. Check out our cover arts below:

Image Image Image
-------------------------------------------------------
"Just Make a Wish, and do as dreamers do...
and all your Wishes will come True..."
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

So they're seriously just reusing the Platinum cover art for the BD and putting that stupid vertical title?! UGH! I'm not happy.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Gaaahhhh look at that DVD cover.

Bring on the steelbook. I hope that's at least decent.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

zackisthewalrus wrote:So they're seriously just reusing the Platinum cover art for the BD and putting that stupid vertical title?! UGH! I'm not happy.
Yeah, I know the spaghetti scene is iconic and all but I was hoping they'd get a little bit more inventive.

and once again...

:angry: :angry: :angry: I HATE THE VERTICAL TITLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

The artwork on the Blu-ray edition looks weird with the title sideways. It looks too empty towards the top right corner.
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

MJW wrote:The artwork on the Blu-ray edition looks weird with the title sideways. It looks too empty towards the top right corner.
That's just because you're too used to seeing Disney covers completely filled with characters, like the DVD edition. lol

On a side note, I do like the sequels cover art.
quang25thinh

Post by quang25thinh »

I can't see the covers :x :x :x