Lady and The Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-Ray in 2012!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Damn it!! Why did I have to get the Platinum Edition eons ago when I should have waited like I did with Bambi?! :x
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

I wonder when we'll see our first glimpse of the cover artwork for this release? That's what I look forward most to with each new release, at least until you actually have the film in hand and can go home and watch it! :)
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Princess Leia wrote:Which one is set to be the spring release? Lady and the Tramp or Cinderella? I already have Cinderella. If Lady and the Tramp ends up being the spring release, I may just wait for it instead of buying the Platinum.
Lady and The Tramp is set for Spring 2012 and Cinderella for October 2012.

Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid for 2013
101 Dalmatians and The Jungle Book for 2014
and probably Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty for 2015...:)
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

DisneyJedi wrote:Damn it!! Why did I have to get the Platinum Edition eons ago when I should have waited like I did with Bambi?!
Were you really surprised Disney would release one of their most beloved classics on Blu-Ray? Because you shouldn't be.

P.S. Deleted that annoying face you have to a tendency to constantly use. Especially in this case, where it's wholly un-necessary and in a completely non-shocking situation. It should be a happy occasion that this wonderful film is being released in high-def.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

"Damn it! I never should have gotten that Lion King VHS because I should have waited for its Blu-ray release!!! :x "
DisneyJedi wrote:Why did I have to get the Platinum Edition eons ago when I should have waited like I did with Bambi?!

I seriously don't understand your complaining here (not that I ever do, really). You said it yourself, you got the PE eons ago. What makes this ANY different than any other re-release from Disney?

Anyways, thanks pick for the trailer. The film itself looks really nice, can't wait to see it in high-def before the Lion King.

The trailer kinda bothered me.. a little too modern for my tastes, but I am no less excited for this.
"Good and bad are labels created by people. Nature doesn't have such concepts."
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

I love the trailer, and I hope I"m not the one to rain on the parade however the modern logo looks extremely out of place for such a classic movie. I understand, appreicate, and love the new fresh spin they are trying to give it. However, we must not forget the largest selling point to these films is that they are classic films...again the logo looks fantastic, just a tad out of place.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Hey, um... could someone make a post, comparing the 2006 Platinum Edition with any other previous versions of the film?

Because I don't know how much further they could remaster this movie, since the 2006 version is presented in its original format of 2.55:1. And I'd like to compare the different versions.
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

DisneyJedi wrote:Hey, um... could someone make a post, comparing the 2006 Platinum Edition with any other previous versions of the film?

Because I don't know how much further they could remaster this movie, since the 2006 version is presented in its original format of 2.55:1. And I'd like to compare the different versions.
I still don't get what makes this any different than any other of the Diamond Editions.. Are you also going to ask how they could have ever remastered Snow White (or any of the others?)... Just because a film has already been presented in its original aspect ratio doesn't mean there is no room for improvement on the film itself... isn't that kinda obvious?

Also, what would posting comparisons to PREVIOUS versions of the 2006 DVD do? That wouldn't denote how the restoration will look on the Blu-ray in any way.
"Good and bad are labels created by people. Nature doesn't have such concepts."
Coolmanio
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Coolmanio »

Here is the trailer in English. Recorded from a Camera, but still the quality looks insanely good!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bLNs9tsGeTY" frameborder="0"></iframe>
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

You know what? I really really don't care any more about having the Platinum Edition on DVD and having bought it eons ago. I'm gonna get this regardless.
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

DisneyJedi wrote:You know what? I really really don't care any more about having the Platinum Edition on DVD and having bought it eons ago. I'm gonna get this regardless.
Most of us here bought the Platinums 'eons' ago - so that we could enjoy them at that time! We all knew (eventually) they would be presented on a different media and perhaps in a better form but you could spend your life waiting for the next big thing...

You've made the right decision - you enjoyed your Platinum, now you can enjoy the Diamond edition when it becomes available.

You haven't wasted any money - you've owned the title in one form, now you can own it in another, if you wish.

I've got US and UK VHSs, VCDs, LDs, DVDs, CEDVDs and Blus of most of the Disney Classics. I've never regretted buying the different formats/editions - I've enjoyed them. I still watch them occasionally for nostalgia! Yes, very sad! Lol!

Matt :)
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

What is the big decision you purchased the platinum edition a new version is coming out that looks like it has been remastered in high definition like many other studios outside of Disney are doing...if that intersets you purcahse it - it doesn't void your other purchase.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Well I'm impressed with Lady's Diamond trailer and the song was so unexpected, fits the film's mood. As for the updated Logo, it works for the trailer, surely we'll see the traditonal Lady logo on the cover.

Can't wait to see the new bonuses, hopefuly they'll do a cine-explore/audio commentary this time.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Mason_Ireton wrote:surely we'll see the traditonal Lady logo on the cover.
Don't be so sure. I think the reason they redesigned the logo that way was so that it would fit better with the sideways title thing they are now doing for the diamond editions.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Well I think the traditonal logo may still be used considering it's close to the font and such.

singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I don't really like these trailers for LatT or Cinderella at all, and I feel like the only one. I honestly don't understand how these newer songs fit the feel of these films, and they are kind of jarring for me to hear. I'd much rather hear a new mix of an instrumental from each film. In LatT's case, its not a modern love story or really young at all like this type of music implies. It's a classic love story and the film has a very mature feel. I feel like the song kinda simplifies it, and downplays the dramatic themes of the film. I guess it's all about personal opinion though...

I remember how the PE mesmerized me with it's presentation, and I simply can't wait to see this in HD!
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Here is a picture someone posted at Blu-ray.com from an insert in The Lion King Diamond Edition:

Looks like the sideways titles are here to say! :roll:
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

These sideways titles are so bloody ridiculous, I can't even... :roll:

Seriously, what's wrong with Disney Home Entertainment? They just keep getting worse and worse. God-awful cover art, lack of bonus features even on Blu-rays, and now the sideways titles. I haven't seen any other company releasing their films with sideways titles, so how come Disney is so fond of them all of a sudden?
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Is that the same cover as the platinum or is it different artwork?
DisneyChris
Special Edition

Post by DisneyChris »

MJW wrote:Here is a picture someone posted at Blu-ray.com from an insert in The Lion King Diamond Edition:
That "someone" is me! :P