Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well Disney Duster, just wish it would have been a bit more different than the Twist In Time cover .... Giant cindy head and that pink/purple colour is all ....
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

ajmrowland wrote:im more looking forward to detective marky. :D
Can you exlain what you love so much about the blue dress and the orange hair when she enters the castle? :) Just curious.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Look at what appears to be the cover art:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-movies ... s-etc.html

See last pic of first post.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

All right! Rescuers is gonna be a 2-movie pack! Not sure what to think of the cover art, but I'm happy nonetheless because I never got either on DVD. :)

But I'm not really as pleased with Pocahontas being a 2-movie pack. I am NOT pleased. :x However, I may as well get it just to get it just for the Blu-ray of the first movie. So whatever.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

I'm excited for the Cinderella cover now. Disney uses too much blue for their covers so I'm glad they went pink
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

Love the Cinderella cover art is so bold and less girly girly! I think that will help to movie away from the stock image Cinderella is only a girls movie (which is a load of c**p of course).

Also (off topic): Love the cover art for Rescuers! Its beautiful and so well done. Much better then the other combo packs! Can't wait to get that title this year as I have never owned Rescuers Down Under.

Also ALADDIN as a Diamond Edition! HELL YEAH! I am so happy right now!!! This is going to be an epic year of Disney releases.

But nothing will get me more excited then Mermaid 3D!!! I plan to buy the 4-disc set that includes the 3D only for Mermaid because it is my absolute favourite Disney movie of all time!!! Really I can live without 3D but I have to have the complete boxset for that title!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

If that will turn out to be the cover for Cinderella I'll LOL :lol:

It looks like she's shopping for shoes and holding up a pair she likes. Like going "These shoes rule!"

Weird.

I'm so glad and excited so many movies are being released! Really hope some of them will have separate releases as well.

Really hope Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio will still be released as Diamond Editions!
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

I found this cover a few weeks ago on a German Disney site. In case you haven't seen it yet: Image
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

AAAHHHYYYAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Seeing it bigger I love the cover...EXCEPT FOR THE SIDEWAYS TITLE!!!!!!!!

Jäger-Rose, thanks but we saw that cover a few pages back in this thread, and it's the same one that Mickeyfan just posted a bigger image of.
Khonnor wrote:It looks like she's shopping for shoes and holding up a pair she likes. Like going "These shoes rule!"
"These shoes suck!" LOL Shoes, right? Anyway, I wish you would like the cover because she did hold up the slipper in the movie after midnight (just not in the way on the cover so I guess I can see how it's different). And she has that very important slipper in her hands in the very important ending. And in the cover I think she holds the slipper delicately and is looking at it with her loving look.
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Well Disney Duster, just wish it would have been a bit more different than the Twist In Time cover .... Giant cindy head and that pink/purple colour is all ....
I see and maybe I would like it more if it was more different but I really do love the cover as it is...
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Remember the good old days when the covers of Disney home video releases had environments/backgrounds?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Jäger-Rose wrote:I found this cover a few weeks ago on a German Disney site. In case you haven't seen it yet: Image
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Look at what appears to be the cover art:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-movies ... s-etc.html

See last pic of first post.
just look at the previous page.
fatcake
Limited Issue

Post by fatcake »

heres the uk cover art for the blu-ray. I got a screencap from the uk unboxing of lady and the tramp blu-ray

I personally favor this cover than the vertical cover we'll be getting
fatcaketom.blogspot.com
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Why is it that the US BD releases get the short end of the stick in terms of cover art? :(
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Not that I like the sideways titles, but I'm starting to get used to them. They are only doing it with the Diamond titles, so it's kinda nice that they are all looking that way. I love cohesive designs. Then again, I'm also not really getting these cases anyway. I have the steelbook/ironpack/viva metal cases for all of my diamonds so far. I'm really hoping futureshop makes them for more releases this year. I LOVE THEM! :)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I think the UK will end up with the sideways title, too. I think the reason that it's not sideways is because that's a full page advertisement featuring elements of the cover, not like the US ad which showed a picture of the cover (complete with border, logos, etc) on it.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that I kind of like the sideways titles of one-worded movies, but films with longer names like The Lion King and Lady and the Tramp just look absolutely awful in this format.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was mistaken about the US artwork advertisment.
Last edited by UmbrellaFish on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Oh for me it's the other way round, I prefer TLK/BATB/LATT sideways, Bambi and Cinderella horizontal.

I really like the side-ways trend, I hope it continues til Sleeping Beauty!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

fatcake thank you AAAaaghhAAAAAAHHYAAAAHHHHHHH I love the cover with the regular normal correct title wooooo!!!!!! The only thing is, I actually prefer how everything was tighter together in the sideways version, so I think it should look like the sideways version with the left black space and sidways title cut off, like zooming in on the part with Cindy and the gang. It just looks a little bit weird with the Fairy Godmother, mice and coach so spaced out, ya know? Or maybe not, both are so, so GORGEOUSLY PERFECT!!!!! I love her just looking amazingly dazzling in that glowing light!!!!
Marce82 wrote:Remember the good old days when the covers of Disney home video releases had environments/backgrounds?
LOL yea I wish this had that...kind of...because...I LOVE the glowing light in the black for this. There's a few movies where such a thing is perfect and this is one. I can now see that it is a ray of light like a spot light shining on Cinderella, like the light from her fairy godmother's magic from the sky since Cinderella looked into the sky when she thanked her, and in the fairy godmother scene there's a lot of black in the night that gets illuminated by light.

This is also one of the only times a giant head floating space kind of makes sense. The Fairy Godmother looks like she's magically conjuring everything in her magical light, so she could make things like a giant "vision" of Cinderella with "visions" of the mice and coach swirling around.
singerguy04 wrote:Not that I like the sideways titles, but I'm starting to get used to them. They are only doing it with the Diamond titles, so it's kinda nice that they are all looking that way. I love cohesive designs. Then again, I'm also not really getting these cases anyway. I have the steelbook/ironpack/viva metal cases for all of my diamonds so far. I'm really hoping futureshop makes them for more releases this year. I LOVE THEM! :)
The deisgn could be cohesive in always having the titles in the middle like Cinderella's UK has. I've never gotten a steelbook ever but I REALLY REALLY want the steelbook for this now. They didn't have them back in 2005 did they? Remember how Sleeping Beauty's looked like the opening storybook? I wonder if they'll do that for Cinderella?!
Victurtle wrote:I really like the side-ways trend, I hope it continues til Sleeping Beauty!
You must be crazy!!!! Crazy I tell you!!!!! And you say you have good taste in art with how you love Sleeping Beauty!!!! lol. So are you saying you want it to stop by Sleeping Beauty or continue onto Sleeping Beauty's cover?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Disney Duster wrote: The deisgn could be cohesive in always having the titles in the middle like Cinderella's UK has. I've never gotten a steelbook ever but I REALLY REALLY want the steelbook for this now. They didn't have them back in 2005 did they? Remember how Sleeping Beauty's looked like the opening storybook? I wonder if they'll do that for Cinderella?!
I'm also really looking forward to the steelbooks this year. The storybook-like steelbook would be really nice for Cinderella, but my guess if they make one would be something more like Snow White's steelbook, but replace the apple with the slipper:

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

The UK poster makes sense, totally. Very attractive cover, though too pink for my liking.

BUT why on the actual mock up, is ther random black space where the sideways title is ? The other releases dont randomly fade off into a different colour where the title is, does it ?
quang25thinh

Post by quang25thinh »

I don't hate the whole cover. I only just hate the Cinderella text, it looks so normal, nothing special. I hope it looks just like the one in the trailer, that one looks really gorgeous.