Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

O gosh Lady and the Tramp! I've already got two copies of the DVD, even importing the American PE for $50. Can't wait :D
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I'm anxious for both Cinderella and Lady and the Tramp. I lost my DVD of Cinderella a few years ago and have been waiting on the next release (although I may pick it up used if I can find a good price). As for Lady and the Tramp, I got it on VHS twice; the initial 1987 release and then the 1998 widescreen. I've got it on DVD as well and would love to have it on Blu-ray . . . I wonder if they'll include the academy version this time around? Eh, with their track record I really doubt it. :p
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

EDIT: In response to Albert
^.........................the wink is telling me not to ask, but are you joking about the world ending or do you actually believe it?

Anyhoo, We're sure to get a massive improvement over the PE. That's, like, written in the stars. For one thing-correct me if I'm wrong-they could've been using a different restoration team than what was done on Bambi and using the same process could've still been new to them.

For another, there were pretty good restorations done without use of the original print, and they still ended up being changed. Alice in Wonderland comes to mind.

Actually, I expect Cinderella to look sort of like a mix of the Laserdisc transfer and the PE with this forthcoming restoration. That seems to be the case with a number of titles.
Last edited by ajmrowland on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Ooh this will go nicely with my Collector's DVD Gift Set of Cinderella!

Though I wish Disney would give some other movies the special edition treatment. All the Diamond Editions already got it with the Platinum Edition series. Will "Hunchback" ever get the attention it deserves???
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Disney Duster wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote: Just like they would never Cash In on the Beijing Olympics with a 2 movie collection of Mulan....oh wait.... :brick:
You didn't notice the meaning of the words I just bolded. :wink:
Oh Duster, you elitist, you. ;) To be fair, I did know about the Mulan and Alice in Wonderland editions, which is exactly what I was implying. I'm definitely not denying that either of those films are hated, but while they are considered very popular films (just missing the general Disney Top 10, but definitely in the Top 20), they're not considered as untouchable as some of the more revered Diamond/Platinum films, and are therefore more likely going to be subject to cash-in editions.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

ajmrowland wrote:EDIT: In response to Atlanticaunderthesea

^.........................the wink is telling me not to ask, but are you joking about the world ending or do you actually believe it?
Technically it's a response to me. :P

And yes, I was joking. Hell, I was giving more importance to online reaction to a color transfer on home media rather than show any concern about the end of life as we know it. If that's not a great big up-there-in-neon-lights sign that I was joking, I don't know what is.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Escapay wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:EDIT: In response to Atlanticaunderthesea

Technically it's a response to me. :P

And yes, I was joking. Hell, I was giving more importance to online reaction to a color transfer on home media rather than show any concern about the end of life as we know it. If that's not a great big up-there-in-neon-lights sign that I was joking, I don't know what is.

albert
consider it fix'd.
pick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pick »

It's official! Cinderella IS the other Diamond Edition in 2012! Check the trailer for it, available on the french Blu-ray of The Lion King!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RihoK9gbsTI" frameborder="0"></iframe>
-------------------------------------------------------
"Just Make a Wish, and do as dreamers do...
and all your Wishes will come True..."
Coolmanio
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Coolmanio »

Once again, I think Disney has done a very nice job with this trailer as well. More modern, of course, but it was still magical, and the movie looks gorgeous.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

From the look of the trailer, the restoration looks brilliant and even though it was in French, I found parts nearly goosebump-inducing. However, I think the rather modern background music that started around halfway through didn't really fit in.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^Yes, Brilliant. So brilliant, in fact, it looks identical to the 2005 one! :wink:
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

ajmrowland wrote:^Yes, Brilliant. So brilliant, in fact, it looks identical to the 2005 one! :wink:
I disagree. It looks a little better and somewhat crisper.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Was there ever any real doubt it wouldn't be the next DIamond (after Lady)? 8)

Wow....only two years till The Little Mermaid... :o
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:^Yes, Brilliant. So brilliant, in fact, it looks identical to the 2005 one! :wink:
I disagree. It looks a little better and somewhat crisper.
Well, it is a blu-ray trailer after all, so that's to be expected if it were recorded off the BD or ripped or something.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Ahhh, yes!!! So excited, even though the 2005 DVD is good enough. I really need to invest in a Blu-Ray player.

I predict The Little Mermaid will be the 2013 Diamond Edition release.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

tsom wrote:I predict The Little Mermaid will be the 2013 Diamond Edition release.
That's not really a prediction... 8)
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Khonnor wrote:
tsom wrote:I predict The Little Mermaid will be the 2013 Diamond Edition release.
That's not really a prediction... 8)
Hahahahaha, that's true. I mean using process of elimination it's definitely a given. :) Unless there was an announcement that already declared it being next after Cinderella that I completely missed.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Went can be sure of the quality of this new release until detective Duster comes in and inspect it first. He's has a PH.D in Cinderllaology. He's the expert. We silly noobs can't make judgment yet
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

What happened to the rumors that this was coming out in 3D ?!
I mean I doubted it too, I think TLM or Aladdin should be easier to transfer into 3D.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

tsom wrote:
Khonnor wrote: That's not really a prediction... 8)
Hahahahaha, that's true. I mean using process of elimination it's definitely a given. :) Unless there was an announcement that already declared it being next after Cinderella that I completely missed.
Well, The Little Mermaid isn;t the next Diamond, first there will be Peter Pan in Spring 2013 and then The Little Mermaid for Fall 2013.

Ah, so many beautiful releases these next two years, hopefully...:)