Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

Rubbish! look at this innocent face:

Okay you're right! But I took out the DVD and tried to ID it on the
Soundhound app.. no results :/

Mark my words I will find out soon enough haha
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQHeqKWSqL8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQHeqKWSqL8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I can't wait for the arabic version ♥
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

One thing I must admire about the trailer is how they sync Cinderella dancing as a servant with her back to us with Cinderella dancing at the ball with her back to us. It's an effect that works lovely and kinda powerfully. It fits with how Lady Tremaine recognizes her as the girl dancing to the tune she's humming, and it reminds us of how the film is about Cinderella's achievement in defying her stepmother to go to the ball and become the prince's love.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

NeverLand wrote:<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQHeqKWSqL8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQHeqKWSqL8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I can't wait for the arabic version ♥
Finnaly ! Someone who's Arabic here !!! :)
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Saw this cover art on the Blu-ray.com's forums. Looks legit.

DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Ugh. It hasn't even been a year since the first sideway title Blu-ray cover art and I'm already sick of them. :x
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Saw this cover art on the Blu-ray.com's forums. Looks legit.

Doesn't look that much different from the Cinderella 3 dvd cover.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Saw this cover art on the Blu-ray.com's forums. Looks legit.

Oh God, you're right that it does look legit. It looks like new clip art of Cindy with the slipper. If it isn't I've never seen it before.

Not that any of the sideways titles look good, but Cinderella's in particular looks shitty. I think it's because the C is so large and it pushes the title further towards the center.
quang25thinh

Post by quang25thinh »

What the...?? :o

Disney.needs.to.get.rid.of.that.freaking.sideway.titles
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

That cover is horrendous... but it's refreshing that it's just Cindy without the nameless Prince
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Christopher_TCUIH wrote:That cover is horrendous... but it's refreshing that it's just Cindy without the nameless Prince
The prince has a name, it's Charming.

Anyhow, I like it sort of, despite the sideways title. At least they didn't pull a "Lady and the Tramp" and just reuse the DVD cover art.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I gotta say...I LOVE IT! I think, without the sideways title, it's, in a way...perfect! And I can't believe I'm saying that!

I mean, it just works and look beautiful. Sure, Cinderella's big, but it looks like she's appearing in magical light that kind of allows it, and they even have her transformation rings of Disney dust! She's drawn beautifully and right on model, and even her hair and dress color are pretty close to how they should be! I love the addition of the Fairy Godmother! And I like the mice and pumpkin coach being there and how they are.

I'm a little sad though that aside from the Fairy Godmother, it's all basic poses we've seen on past covers. For one, the coach and mice are lifted from the last Platinum Edition, but at least they have been re-drawn beautifully.

But the image of Cinderella holding the glass slipper...it existed before. It was even drawn well then, too! It was on one of the potential covers considered for the Platinum. Here it is, next to what I wish the Diamand cover would look like (I know I said it's perfect but it's not what I specifically want!), where I used Cinderella transforming, in what I call "my crappy fix":

[img]CinderellaDiamandFix1.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Disney Duster on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
seanjonmc
Limited Issue

Post by seanjonmc »

Are we sure that actually the Cinderella cover?

I know there were like 5 or so potential covers for the Platinum Edition posted here years ago...I can't find them now, but is that new one fan-made, with clipart from the unused covers?

Does anyone have all of those covers?
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Really, if they're gonna do it right, they need to make Cindy's hair ash brown/strawberry blond/whatever the hell color it was and her dress silver.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well I am actually quite suprised that I like this cover !

I like the clipart of Cindy herself; looks like she has been refined from the alternate Platinum Edition ? When the whole cover gets a thorough overhall, should look marvellous.

I've just come to accept the sideways titles now; they don't bother me anymore.

Though I do wish they hadnt used the same pink/purple as Cindy III....
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

The only thing that seems off to me is the fact that the entire left side just fades to black. Besides that, its decent enough.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fan-made, however.
"Good and bad are labels created by people. Nature doesn't have such concepts."
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Heartless wrote:The only thing that seems off to me is the fact that the entire left side just fades to black. Besides that, its decent enough.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fan-made, however.
What makes you think it's fan made ?
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

I remember reading on this forum that the films that Disney personally worked on would be labeled "Walt Disney" and everything else would just be "Disney". Dumbo was labeled Disney and I thought that might have just been an over sight, but from the looks of it LatT and Cindy are now just "Disney" too. I personally liked "Walt Disney's" on films 1-19 and "Walt Disney Pictures Presents:" on the rest of the cannon. There so much inconsistency going on now. They're bringing his name down to the bare minimum, before we know it it will just be the signature "D" somewhere in the cover artwork, you'll have to search for it like Waldo.
Judah Ben-Hur

Post by Judah Ben-Hur »

abenotgabe wrote:I remember reading on this forum that the films that Disney personally worked on would be labeled "Walt Disney" and everything else would just be "Disney". Dumbo was labeled Disney and I thought that might have just been an over sight, but from the looks of it LatT and Cindy are now just "Disney" too. I personally liked "Walt Disney's" on films 1-19 and "Walt Disney Pictures Presents:" on the rest of the cannon. There so much inconsistency going on now. They're bringing his name down to the bare minimum, before we know it it will just be the signature "D" somewhere in the cover artwork, you'll have to search for it like Waldo.
I doubt they'd go that far, however I do find myself irritated at the lack of 'Walt' on productions made during his lifetime. Dumbo was the first to lack the 'Walt' wasn't it?
Personally I think they should have stuck to 'Walt Disney Pictures' or at least 'Disney's' as the branding thing seems foolish. I can't see Warner Brothers, just going to Warner , or Paramount going to Mount.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

seanjonmc wrote:I know there were like 5 or so potential covers for the Platinum Edition posted here years ago...I can't find them now, but is that new one fan-made, with clipart from the unused covers?

Does anyone have all of those covers?
Yes, I do. But did you not read my post just above yours? I pointed out that the cover with her holding the slipper was re-drawn for this new Diamond Edition cover, it's not exactly the same. Here are all the covers.

DisneyJedi wrote:Really, if they're gonna do it right, they need to make Cindy's hair ash brown/strawberry blond/whatever the hell color it was and her dress silver.
Well if you look, part of it looks very silver, like her hairband. The shaded parts are more blue, like in the film? It's in-between enough for me.
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Though I do wish they hadn't used the same pink/purple as Cindy III....
Well it's not the exact same shade, they have a prettier version of it, and this color is used a lot in the film, and I think it's very lovely and looks great.