Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

quang25thinh wrote:I don't hate the whole cover. I only just hate the Cinderella text, it looks so normal, nothing special. I hope it looks just like the one in the trailer, that one looks really gorgeous.
Agreed. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this text same/if not very similar to the Platinum Editon ?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

To add on to my previous post - here's how I picture the steelbook. Thanks quag25thinh for the reminder of the trailer.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

It would be interesting if they´d use the second slipper. Just to vary.

...you know, the broken one. :lol:
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I hope it doesn't look like that. A slipper with just magic dust forming the letter C would depress me. And the other side probably would have old images we've already seen just like that Snow White in the mirror image. Sleeping Beauty's was much better. I hope it looks like that.

But maybe if they had the slipper, and the coach riding to the castle, with the fairy godmother floating in the clouds with her wand sending down magic dust...and on the back Cinderella transforming...throw in some mice...all NEW images...then I'd love it. I would orgasm.
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
quang25thinh wrote:I don't hate the whole cover. I only just hate the Cinderella text, it looks so normal, nothing special. I hope it looks just like the one in the trailer, that one looks really gorgeous.
Agreed. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this text same/if not very similar to the Platinum Editon ?
It's not the same. The Platinum had the nicest text of all. But I would combine the niceness of the trailer's lettering with the really big C and lower case rest of the letters as in the covers we've seen.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Disney Duster wrote:I hope it doesn't look like that. A slipper with just magic dust forming the letter C would depress me. And the other side probably would have old images we've already seen just like that Snow White in the mirror image. Sleeping Beauty's was much better. I hope it looks like that.

But maybe if they had the slipper, and the coach riding to the castle, with the fairy godmother floating in the clouds with her wand sending down magic dust...and on the back Cinderella transforming...throw in some mice...all NEW images...then I'd love it. I would orgasm.
That would be nice, but I think that's too busy for a steelbook. With the exception of maybe Pinocchio, they've gone with a very limited, clean design for the steelbooks so far.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Disney Duster wrote:
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Agreed. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this text same/if not very similar to the Platinum Editon ?
It's not the same. The Platinum had the nicest text of all. But I would combine the niceness of the trailer's lettering with the really big C and lower case rest of the letters as in the covers we've seen.
I don't think it is that different Duster.

Is everything OK ? You seem very blunt recently ?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aside from the steelbook, I hope they come out with a great Disney Movie Club version of Cinderella, like they did for:

Bambi Disney Movie Club Special Version

The Sword in the Stone Disney Movie Club Special Version

Sleeping Beauty Disney Movie Club Special Version
SWillie! wrote:That would be nice, but I think that's too busy for a steelbook. With the exception of maybe Pinocchio, they've gone with a very limited, clean design for the steelbooks so far.
I thought I was describing and pretty simple design, but maybe it is too busy. Pinocchio got really lucky. So did Sleeping Beauty.
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I don't think it is that different Duster.

Is everything OK ? You seem very blunt recently ?
Oh yea, everything's okay, thank for asking, really shows your kindness, but I just put things bluntly these days. I say my opinion that I think is right and if people disagree, I either deabte it or let it go. You're right they aren't that different but the original 80's text was so nice to me. You don't agree with how I'd do the cover? At least I want that extra big C!
Last edited by Disney Duster on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I just dont see why they don't have the actual film logos....that would be cool.

Though I am lucky in the fact that TLM has had her film text in all her releases :) Even in Disney store products it has stayed the same ... the only change was adding a shell between 'The' and 'Little'.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

And I am glad you are OK Duster; its a fair point you make. Just coming across as a little blunt is all.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm sorry. Another reason I'm blunt is because I think people don't like it if I "dance around" what I'm trying to say and I think people will also understand me more if I put it bluntly. I'm trying to figure out how to say how I feel without making any one feel bad or mad.

I do like the idea of using the original film logos, but you know me, I like anything new for my favorite films so a new logo is nice as long as it keeps to the spirit of the movie and feels like a font that fits.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote:I'm sorry. Another reason I'm blunt is because I think people don't like it if I "dance around" what I'm trying to say and I think people will also understand me more if I pit it bluntly. I'm trying to figure out how to say how I feel without making any one feel bad or mad.

You're growing up. I'm proud of you. :clap:
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
leo_brasil

Post by leo_brasil »

News!!!

Possible Cinderella DVD cover art: http://planetadisney.com.br/cinderela-v ... te-do-dvd/ :o :o :o :o
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

leo_brasil wrote:News!!!

Possible Cinderella DVD cover art: http://planetadisney.com.br/cinderela-v ... te-do-dvd/ :o :o :o :o
If it's for the Blu ray Combo in the USA, It's better than the the other Cover Art and all with the Sideways title. Although I would believe if this was the cover for the DVD Edition
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Oooh, I like it! Cinderella's face looks a little bit off, but other than that, it's great!
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Looks like Cinderella's been hitting the Latisse. :wink:
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Scarred4life wrote:Oooh, I like it! Cinderella's face looks a little bit off, but other than that, it's great!
Seriously. Why do they insist on getting people that can't draw a character on model to do these things.

I wish they would give an artist at Disney Animation the duty of cover art. I mean, Mark Henn could make a gorgeous Cinderella cover, on model, in a matter of seconds for God's sake.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:Seriously. Why do they insist on getting people that can't draw a character on model to do these things.

I wish they would give an artist at Disney Animation the duty of cover art. I mean, Mark Henn could make a gorgeous Cinderella cover, on model, in a matter of seconds for God's sake.
Agreed. I've been saying that for years. Image
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

enigmawing wrote:
SWillie! wrote:Seriously. Why do they insist on getting people that can't draw a character on model to do these things.

Agreed. I've been saying that for years. Image
Merchandise partnered with WDAS for the toddler dolls, and they ended up being their most popular items in God knows how long. They ought to be involved in so much more of the process.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:Merchandise partnered with WDAS for the toddler dolls, and they ended up being their most popular items in God knows how long. They ought to be involved in so much more of the process.
Maybe they'll learn from that? Although I doubt it.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

. + .* .+ .* .. x...++ ...*... + .*.*.*..+ ..x ..* +..x+....*...+ .. x..
... x ..+ ...+x+ ...*...*+*... *.+.*.x.* ...+ ...x.x... +. .*x*... +++.. .x.. +.
. + .* .+ .* .. x...++ ...*... + .*.*.*..+ ..x ..* +..x+....*...+ .. x..

Sorry I Disney dustgasmed. O. M. G. That is...one of the most beautiful things...I have ever seen... This has got to me my...oh geeze! Is it my favorite cover ever, or is it my second favorite, to the 80's one with the pumpkin, that came out the year I was born?! I think that one looked better, but this one...AHAHAHAGHYAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! THE DRESS TRANSFORMATION SCENE IS THE FOCUS!!! It takes up THE WHOLE DAMN COVER!!!!! lol The only thing I don't like is the box around the title. A box, and with just some dots in it, hardly matches the film at all! And Cinderella's upper half should probably be straight up and take up the middle more. Other than that...it's perfect. THANK YOU leo_brasil!!!
disneyboy20022 wrote:If it's for the Blu ray Combo in the USA, It's better than the the other Cover Art and all with the Sideways title. Although I would believe if this was the cover for the DVD Edition
I was WONDERING very much and HOPING very much what the DVD cover would look like. If this is it, I LOVE it obviously but I was hoping for something with more characters and locations/something a little nicer like BatB and The Lion King got, but Disney's DVD Diamond Edition covers have always been better than their Blu-rays which was why I was looking forward to the DVD cover and this time...I LOVE BOTH COVERS!!!! You know never mind I don't think this is any less nice or good as the other DVD covers this is probably the best choice, once it's fixed up a bit. I love how its mostly the same characters and ideas of the Blu-ray cover, just in a different form.
SWillie! wrote:
Scarred4life wrote:Oooh, I like it! Cinderella's face looks a little bit off, but other than that, it's great!
Seriously. Why do they insist on getting people that can't draw a character on model to do these things.

I could not agree more. Well, I do actually think they should have other artists do it because then it gives other people work, the problem is they need much better people to do them. But it is very very obvious to me that this is not the final cover. Cinderella does look incredibly off-model (and her bun is the awful off-model Disney Princess line version, plus her dress needs to be more silver like the Blu-ray cover), as do the mice, but aside from that the coach and castle were just copy and pasted from the old cover and the garden background looks exactly like taken from the film still, just reversed (which they shouldn't do, they need to either keep it the same or figure out how it would look from the opposite side/another angle). That garden image might be smoothed out or possibly redrawn, but it looks too much the same as the film still. Point is, things like that make me feel they'll re-draw those parts, and the whole cover. But I feel like on Beauty and the Beast's DVD cover they got away with murder.