Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

That really fits! I didn't really like the empty space on the official cover, so this seems like a really good idea!

Me likes! :D
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

really like the artwork
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:Thanks for the image Sotiris! You don't have to say you're welcome, I think you end up saying that too much! Just saying you don't need to, gives you a break.
I just think it's rude not to reply when someone says thanks but since you find it annoying or unnecessary perhaps I should stop doing it...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

CampbellzSoup wrote:I bet this one is going to be rolled aorund in glitter just like the Snow White and Beauty and the Beast covers just for you Duster.
Oh gosh, I hope not! Lol
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you supertalies!

tsom, well, what do you think of any of the art work? Or my chsanges?
Sotiris wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Thanks for the image Sotiris! You don't have to say you're welcome, I think you end up saying that too much! Just saying you don't need to, gives you a break.
I just think it's rude not to reply when someone says thanks but since you find it annoying or unnecessary perhaps I should stop doing it...
Aw I hope I didn't make you feel bad. I think if someone compliments you you should say thanks, but I think if you say thanks, a "your welcome" is almost a given, because you already were nice to them. To be honest, yes I am bothered by people making a post just to do something I find unecessary, and I think it would give you a break, but that's all I can say, that's just my opinion. It is really all up to what you think. Just know that your posts are always greatly appreciated by me and others, "your welcome" or no. You really give us so much information that I don't know what we'd do without you!
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

what's the point in adding more crap in, less is more.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

After looking at the cover for longer, I have made up my mind; really really do not care for it.

To cluttered, her body melts into the mice, and its way to pink and girly. Too 'Princess' for me basically.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

I am assuming Disney will release a Cinderella trilogy set (ala The Lion King), but afterwards, I wonder if the releases of Cinderella II and Cinderella III will be in individual cases or together in one case as a "2 Movie Collection?"

I know that The Lion King II: Simba's Pride and The Lion King 1½ were released seperately, but I'm wondering what Disney will do with other sequels?
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

CampbellzSoup wrote:what's the point in adding more crap in, less is more.
Well it isn't always. Some people liked mine including me. The point was to fill the empty space that could be viewed as bad-looking and balance the picture out more, I only changed the position of the castle and added some light and one more building to even out the sides. I think it looks really good and strikingly beautiful, even though I made it lol I still think so after all this time.
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:After looking at the cover for longer, I have made up my mind; really really do not care for it.

To cluttered, her body melts into the mice, and its way to pink and girly. Too 'Princess' for me basically.
You know, I don't think they would pick any cover that looked girly for fear of scaring away boys since, you know, they don't want princessy appearences to scare them away as Tangled and Frozen show. I think it's a very deep purplish reddish color than just pink so I don't think of it as very girly at all.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well ..... I'm sorry Duster, but I just think it looks girly, and thats that ! If this one isnt girly, then that makes Tangled's Blu cover look positively butch !

It is too .... predictable for me. I think they could have tried something a bit different, and not as much of a rehash as this one is of Twists cover.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I think Cinderella is one of their few films that they don't even attempt to market for boys.

Personally, I like the blue cover best. My only gripe is the border around the title, but the border was worse on B&tB's cover. And I feel like Jaq and Gus should be the only mice on these covers.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea, I agree it does need a better border.
atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Well ..... I'm sorry Duster, but I just think it looks girly, and thats that ! If this one isnt girly, then that makes Tangled's Blu cover look positively butch !
Okay, so you still think that, but...Tangled's Blu-Ray covers didn't look girly at all. The main one is Rapunzel gripping her hair and Flynn weilding a pan and the horse holding a sword, all looking fierce! I don't get where you're coming from?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I think Cinderella is one of their few films that they don't even attempt to market for boys.
You know, I realized I don't think that's true. The last Platinum Edition, the cover showed the Prince more than Cinderella, and him dancing with her, and any straight boy can see that's about love and sex. Then what boy doesn't want to live in a castle like the one pictured, and there's the coach, driven by men, which is a vehicle, and there's horses too, and boys like them, think cowboys, and the two boy mice which represent the more action-packed, funny, particularly boy-liked scenes of the movie. Plus it was very blue, the most popular boy color, but I don't think the pink of the new cover makes it girly, especially with the black.

Anyway, they're releasing new books for this Diamond Edition release, like they did last year, and the cover for one of them, I'm surprised, is not very girly or princessy, but makes this look like the classic film it is. I hope the rest are like that. This one's quite beautiful:

Last edited by Disney Duster on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Disney Duster wrote:what boy doesn't want to live in a castle, the coach and horses, driven by men, represent a vehicle and fastness
:lol:
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Disney Duster wrote:You know, I realized I don't think that's true. The last Platinum Edition, the cover showed the Prince more than Cinderella, and him dancing with her, and any straight boy can see that's about love and sex. Then what boy doesn't want to live in a castle like the one pictured, and there's the coach, driven by men, which is a vehicle, and there's horses too, and boys like them, think cowboys, and the two boy mice which represent the more action-packed, funny, particularly boy-liked scenes of the movie. Plus it was very blue, the most popular boy color, but I don't think the pink of the new cover makes it girly, especially with the black.
Uhm. Hmm. I'm not sure how many young boys are more likely to buy a Disney movie because the cover implies that it's about love and sex.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Duster, come on. You can't be serious. Back in the 1950s, maybe this was the case... but you HONESTLY think that boys from today look at a horse and carriage and castle, and DANCING... and think anything but "Princesses. Girls."???

Like... it's as simple as that.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote:what boy doesn't want to live in a castle, the coach and horses, driven by men, represent a vehicle and fastness
A straight man.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Honestly, I don't think boys would care in places like Nigeria where gender differences isn't really an issue. But places like the U.S., yeah forget about it.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I guess what I mean is they opted for the least girly look of the cover they could make. Does that one at least make sense?

And now I have to say come on to you guys, so many straight guys actually do say they want to be king of a castle. And ride horses. And even dance with a hot girl which is physical contact with a hot girl, and can also lead to gettin' it on with said hot girl. Straight guys like dancing with girls at clubs all the time, though amdmittedly its more sexual these days. Or at least they are open to a movie where a guy falls in love with a hot girl. And they do like the mice.

Oh, I get the problem, you think I'm talking about just young boys. No I mean straight boys and men, the men would be more open to the love and dancing parts of course.
Super Aurora wrote:
A straight man.
Maybe not the coach part, but they do like castles. You're straight and you like them.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's a bit of information I found about some of the new bonus features, from the website of the company who produces Disney's bonus features. It sounds good so far, but hopefully we'll get a bit more stuff (a commentary or equivalent at the very least, and none of the Virtual Vault crap).
The beloved Disney classic gets a new life on Blu-Ray, with a collectible Diamond Edition. EMC West has been working for more than a year preparing bonus features that will knock your glass slippers off. Producer Ted Nicolaou and the family of Mary Alice and Ken O’Connor bring you the touching true story of the woman who inspired the Fairy Godmother, and who later, thanks to her good works in the community, came to be known as The Real Fairy Godmother. Nicolaou also directed a special expedition to Disney World to reveal the true incredible story behind the making of the Cinderella Castle.
http://emcwest.com/news/