Cinderella: Diamond Edition - ETA 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

I am STOKED for the re-release of Cinderella III (I already have Cinderella on DVD so I can watch that whenever I want) but I don't have C3 yet. One of my favorite Disney sequels, it is so WEIRD and complicated hahaha.

Also good to see Limited Edition packaging, I love when Disney does this!
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

Do we think the book will be nice enough to sit on the shelf by itself? I'm considering just giving the jewelry box to my little cousin but if the book is really thin cardboard, I may have to hold onto it. :oops:
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Patrick wrote:Do we think the book will be nice enough to sit on the shelf by itself? I'm considering just giving the jewelry box to my little cousin but if the book is really thin cardboard, I may have to hold onto it. :oops:
I was thinking about that myself :D I want all Cinderella movies on Blu-ray. Really, it's one of the very few Disney trilogies I appreciate, beside The Lion King, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid.

I'm going to buy that jewelry box, but I'm only going to keep the book with all 3 movies.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

MagicMouse wrote:Great cover.

It's beautiful. I'm really curious to see how the restored film looks and sounds like :)
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I wish the spine was that georgous purple/pink! They really stand out from the standard dark blue we get for the DACs.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Cinderella is everywhere lately, especially in the fashion industry...

Cinderella in Oscar de la Renta

Cinderella in Dolce & Gabbana

Others

universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Who knew Cindy was such a style icon, making a name for herself in fashion :-P
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Gosh, Cindy looks as though she's part of Barbie's world in those fashion pictures.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

The new website is uuupppp!!!!!!
Cinderella: Diamond Edition Site
I love the differently drawn mice in the Story section. But the images in the gallery all look really crappy except the Sing Sweet Nightingale one from the restoration and the one of the stepfamily which looks like they used the restored colors. But they blued Cinderella up for other screencaps, just like they did for the lithos. What is their problem, is it really to sell the movie to little kids who love bright colors?

And did you know that so are pre-orders for Cinderella: Diamond Edition DVD and the Spanish Version are up? : )

But fear not! That off-model scary face in the English version of the cover won't be there! The much better beatifully drawn face will be on the English version as Ultimate Disney can show you:

Hey, doesn't anyone think that the clip they're using to advertise this film online, of Lady Tremaine breaking the slipper and Cinderella pulling out the other one is...the biggets spoiler they could possibly put out?!!! I mean, lots of little kids, or even adults who would want to buy this movie would not have seen it yet. They should've used...almost any other scene that comes before Cinderella getting locked in her room. I would have chosen Sing Sweet Nightingale and the invitation to the ball myself, or Cinderella leaving at the stroke of midnight.

tsom, I do get your reasons for not getting the Blu-ray. I thought you had a player, that's all. Now, those images you just posted...actually disturb me, hehe (except I think Prince Charming's kinda cute like that). The drawings are...not good and it's just so creepy. If they didn't do this for the Diamond Edition, I'd say you shoulda put that in the random Disney Photoshop fun thread.

Wonderlicious, I don't think the jewelry box is cardboard, not that I think you care how well it's crafted anyway.

fatcake, thanks for that beautiful image!!! I can finally see what was behind the coach. It's the garden, which is great because it makes sense that the coach is leaving the garden to go to the castle which can be seen behind it! The only thing is the willow's taller than the trees, they should have just slightly made it all smaller to fit, or just re-drew it, or just did the tree's leaves right, if they did you could still see the castle behind it. And they need to hoizontally flip the castle for it to be correct!!!! Do it Disney, fix all the covers!!!!! Please!!!!
SWillie! wrote:I'll be waiting to see what the steelbook for Cinderella will look like. I hope to god they use one of the gorgeous blue images we talked about earlier in the thread.
What were those? I actually didn't think we did see any such images. Also, what did you think from any of the gold covers I experimented with?
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

We haven't actually seen anything regarding the steelbook, but I think I posted one of the collectible packaging images from the platinum edition. The blue images with the castle and the slipper on the pillow was my favorite.

And I think all of the ones you posted are honestly improvements over the official flat gold. It's just still missing something. Maybe I just flat out don't associate gold with Cinderella so that's why I don't like it so much.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:Maybe I just flat out don't associate gold with Cinderella so that's why I don't like it so much.
Silver would work better, I think. But it still needs something besides just the flat, plain look.

Oh, and I'm glad they changed her face for the DVD. :p
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Lol. I think the pictures are pretty cool, but then again I'm very easy to please. Haha. A friend of mine in the fashion industry posted them. They were apparently in Herself Magazine.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Meh.

tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

I really like the white!!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow! I loooove the silver. I love it. I commend you. Very good job. And a big thank you for even taking the time to do that!!!

Though...aren't I a pain? I don't like the texture you used. I'm thinking of...well, I did a search for silver book...I guess I would take a look at those and pick what looks like a 17/1800's book but silver...or not because nevermind you actually did a really really great job and I'm just hard to please!

You know what's also funny enigmawing? I saw someone on a French Disney forum post your picture saying Disney did an image of the white dress but used the blue one instead! Ha! Oh, I do have to say I like the way they re-did her face, but if I could have something in between that one and yours, that would be best.

I did the world's crappiest fading of the two images ever, and I am actually personally very pleased with how the face and colors came out:

Swillie I don't think you posted it, but I actually own that packaging with the castle and slipper which...well if I'm getting the steel book I want new and more exciting art, dangit! And yes, silver is more Cinderella's color than gold but gold definately is also in Cinderella, more so than something like Lady and the Tramp.
quang25thinh

Post by quang25thinh »

The silver one looks kinda cool :o
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I wonder if "The Magic Of The Glass Slipper: A Cinderella Story" is an making off-featurette.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

So, anyway: clicked on the "Disney's next Diamond Edition announced" link above and watched the "Cinderella Diamond Edition Blu-Ray Trailer" and as usual... I'm pretty peeved. This is beyond ridiculous: they literally erased every original element of the film other than the animation. New crappy music and ALL the dialogue lines are DUBBED OVER.

Corporate Disney: if you hate Walt Disney Pictures' original work so much / are so embarrassed by it, give the rights over to studios who will show these movies and their fans more respect. This seems to be a perfect example of them thinking kids will only want and parents will only want to buy their kids Disney films that act like direct-to-video sequels. This is False Advertising of the highest order. They're selling kids a movie they haven't seen (since it's been out of print for at least 3 and a half years) by telling them they will hear this music and the voices will be less naunced, higher pitched, and faker than the helium-headed skunks that populate what's passed for children's television the last 15 or so years.

There is nothing more hypocritical than claiming to resurrect a piece of history under the guise of celebrating a cherished family classic and then white-washing the entire thing!
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I mean it's definitely dumb, but it's just the trailer... Half the time when NEW movies come out their trailer has dialogue and music that isn't in the film.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

Lazario I love your picture. "Mayer should know the price I pay!!!"
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker