Question on the old version of Disney BD-Live

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ValenciaJoe
Gold Classic Collection

Question on the old version of Disney BD-Live

Post by ValenciaJoe »

In the beginning... my first Blu-ray player was my PS3. I was able to access all Disney BD-Live content with no problem (though linking it with my DMR account has always been an issue). The first versions of BD-Live (such as the one on Sleeping Beauty) ran with no issues. However, when I upgraded my TV and upgraded my Blu-ray player (to a stand-alone version that supports 3D), the old BD-Live content cannot be accessed. I get a message that BD-Live is not supported in my region. The new, simpler versions of BD-Live play with no issues whatsoever. The funny thing is that if I put in a disc with the first versions of BD-Live in my new player, I get an error message; but, if I put it in my PS3, the BD-Live is fine. Anyone else experience this problem?
It's more fun when we're number 1!
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Disney no longer supports the old BD-Live content (found on Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio). My guess is your PS3 saved the information for the old BD-Live interface, kind of like cookies, and your new one has nothing to work with (as Disney shut down the servers that you would download the interface from). I hope that makes sense.

Either way, I miss the old load music played when you were downloading an update.