Tangled Discussion Part VI: Let the Drama continue...

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Thank you, disnyprincess11!

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Jackoleen wrote:Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

Thank you for the images, disnyprincess11!

I think that the princesses look pretty, and I know that their dresses can't be too long, due to the ice, but I really don't like the fact that they look like a trio of starched-skirt Princess Barbie dolls from the latest Barbie princess movie toy lineup!

Thank you in advance for your replies.
:idea:
No problem. :wink: Sadly, that's all I can find. But, if you go to the Disney on Ice Facebook page, it's make refrences to the show. So I'm feeling that more info and photos will come! :thumb:
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

rented the movie from blockbuster by mail (on blu ray since Blockbuster does not charge extra to rent blu rays like Netflix does)

It was okay....my dad watched it with me and gave it a 8/10

I'd probably give it the same rating.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^I dont think the list is shit. Sure, they dont really belong to such ranks, but the ones I've seen are actually pretty agreeable. I'd even say Fantastic Mr. Fox deserves to be in its spot.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I think that list is mainly really awful except for a few right choices. Most of those are there obviously because they're recent. Like anyone will talk about the movie of Horton Hears a Who in ten more years. Even though I thought it was a good movie, not enough to be on that list.

Tim...if ever there was proof that...I need to do something but I don't know what to do...to get people to understand what I mean exctly on here...

I actually agreed that Walt would like some things about CGI. However, there's a lot that points to him liking the look of traditional animation above so much else. Which is why I said Glen Keane's original idea for Rapunzel's CGI animation, which was supposed to look like old paintings and old traditionally animated Walt Disney films, sounded the most like what Walt would actually want to do with CGI animation (and things like the Beauty and the Beast ballroom or Aladdin carpet).
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

Found some 'new' artwork for Tangled, don't know if it's already posted here. It's made by Lisa Keene (source: http://www.lisakeene.com/tangled.html)

I believe this one is for Rapunzel Unbraided.

bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote:Image

I want that!!!!!!!! :D

It will be released on August 9, 2011

http://www.amazon.com/Rapunzel-Golden-J ... 940&sr=1-5
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Mmmadelon wrote:Found some 'new' artwork for Tangled, don't know if it's already posted here. It's made by Lisa Keene (source: http://www.lisakeene.com/tangled.html)
I think the first 2 have been posted before (way back on another thread) but the last one i don't recall ... looks stunning through :)

i love looking at all the concept art and how Rapunzel's character has evolved through out the production stages :P
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Look, it's the poster for the sequel: :P

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Sotiris wrote:Image
The buck teeth on Maximus makes him look like Mr. Toad's goofy-looking horse. :roll:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ql7IyJXqM1s" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Last edited by Sky Syndrome on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Hahaha, that TRON/Tangled poster was awesome:D
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Awesome Tron/Tangled mash-up! Makes Rapunzel's short hair look even cooler!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

This.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Sotiris wrote:Look, it's the poster for the sequel: :P

:lol: Wow. Awesome.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I was watching an old parody of The Phantom of the Opera from a 1980s special with Julie Andrews and Carol Burnett, and I noticed that the costume Julie wears is surprisingly similar to Rapunzel's outfit!

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/appIbv6fjYc" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

That Tron/Tangled poster is great. :D
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

Thoroughly funny, and yes, she might look like Rapunzel!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear UmbrellaFish,

As a fan of both musical theatre and Disney, I enjoyed that show excerpt very much. Carol Burnett has always been funny, and Julie Andrews is good at playing the comedic, yet innocent leading lady.

If those checks were changed out for stripes, and Julie traded her bangs for a side part, she'd definitely look like Disney's Rapunzel!

I also noticed that when Burnett is giving Andrews hell, she sounds almost as though she's giving Mother Gothel's "You are not leaving this tower...EVER!" speech! LOL!

I'll bet that the show was performed during the late 1980s, because "The Phantom of the Opera" came to Broadway during about 1987 (?) or so. I know, I know. It's pretty bad that I've forgotten about the exact date, but, then again, I am not exactly a "Phantom" expert.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
8)
UmbrellaFish wrote:I was watching an old parody of The Phantom of the Opera from a 1980s special with Julie Andrews and Carol Burnett, and I noticed that the costume Julie wears is surprisingly similar to Rapunzel's outfit!

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/appIbv6fjYc" frameborder="0"></iframe>
8)
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Now that I think about it, it saddens me that the Brothers Grimm weren't credited. I don't know why though. I've always liked the credit to Hans Christian Andersen in the end credits of TLM and the Charles Perrault credit in the beginning of Cinderella.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

tsom wrote:Now that I think about it, it saddens me that the Brothers Grimm weren't credited. I don't know why though. I've always liked the credit to Hans Christian Andersen in the end credits of TLM and the Charles Perrault credit in the beginning of Cinderella.
Yet another indication that "Tangled" lacks the Disney Essence (c), sadly.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

as you guys may have heard Flynn Rider has left WDW....
And now Rapunzel will be fronting the play and greet alone.
There are many petitions online and i would be grateful if you could sign it ..
apparently Disney "are keeping an eye" on these petitions :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Petition- ... 3412483539

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveFlynn

And a video of Flynn's last day :(
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZgJGLV5KzaA" frameborder="0"></iframe>
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

tsom wrote:Now that I think about it, it saddens me that the Brothers Grimm weren't credited. I don't know why though. I've always liked the credit to Hans Christian Andersen in the end credits of TLM and the Charles Perrault credit in the beginning of Cinderella.
Well, of course, there's also no on-screen credit to Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont for Beauty and the Beast. Perhaps because that name's a bit long winded. ;)