DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Gargoyles Online in HD
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 10280
Disney has uploaded all three seasons of 'Gargoyles' on YouTube in 720p. Hopefully, they'll do this with other shows as well.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:45 am 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:36 am
Posts: 601
Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown
Awesome!

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

I absolutely love Gargoyles.

http://www.youtube.com/disneysshows

_________________
No signature needed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:23 am
Posts: 247
Location: Qatar
Quote:
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that.


:(

_________________
Image

www.youtube.com/NeverLandQA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:52 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 10280
NeverLand wrote:
The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that.


bruno_wbt wrote:
Try this:

http://www.unblockyoutube.us/

Put the links in this website and you'll see the videos!


:wink:

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:40 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 2657
Pretty sure these are just upscaled, not true 720p.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:40 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2632
My Disney contact (who was just moved outside of Home Entertainment) passed on to me right before he left that some big wigs at Disney Home Entertainment feel putting these episodes up online is "good enough" instead of releasing the rest of the show on DVD. That does not mean he DVD's are dead and can not happen, but we are in a very dark place with this.

Please join our campaign to get the rest of The Disney Afternoon show on DVD. The time is NOW to act!

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:43 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8175
Location: Appleton, WI
Kyle wrote:
Pretty sure these are just upscaled, not true 720p.


naturally, but with youtube compression, HD is necessary even to get original resolution.

anyway, I hope this is an attempt to see how well these may sell on DVD. I'd also like to see shows like Bonkers.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:45 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am
Posts: 1841
Hot damn Disney, if you want to just put all of the Disney Afternoon stuff on YouTube in HD for free instead of selling it to me, I totally fine with that. Seriously, I'm having trouble understanding how someone can complain about this.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2632
jpanimation wrote:
Hot damn Disney, if you want to just put all of the Disney Afternoon stuff on YouTube in HD for free instead of selling it to me, I totally fine with that. Seriously, I'm having trouble understanding how someone can complain about this.


Can you guarantee in five or ten years it will still be there? Also, not every episode is up. It's not good enough. Maybe for folks who have cable tv mentalities, it's good enough. Let the studio dictate what time periods in your life you get to watch these shows kind of thinking. But for us that what more control for how and when we see shows, it's not good enough.

"Just copy them on to your computer" you might say. Do you have enough hard drive to hold THAT many shows on your computer? Most people don't. "Rip them on to a DVD-r" you might say. Those won't last very long, and will have a shorter life span then then official studio DVD-r releases, that is if you can ever rip them from the site at all.

This is the kind of lame think the powers that be are holding. It is not good enough. Only having these shows on DVD is good enough. Take control of your tv watching!

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:42 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8175
Location: Appleton, WI
Actually, it youtube shouldnt take too much HDD space, though I do have a rather big one. Also, Youtube DownloaderHD lets you choose the resolution which is the biggest thing to affect file size.

But yeah, to me if I like something enough, I take DVD the first chance I can, but it's Disney. Be thankful they even went this far. if you protest that, chances are overwhelmingly in favor of them taking the show down and never putting it out on dvd leaving you with nothing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:46 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am
Posts: 1841
milojthatch wrote:
Maybe for folks who have cable tv mentalities, it's good enough. Let the studio dictate what time periods in your life you get to watch these shows kind of thinking. But for us that what more control for how and when we see shows, it's not good enough.

Most people use a combination of DVRs and Netflix to watch what they want, when they want. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch something off my DVR, since I can't be bothered remembering schedules. Hell, I have HBO and yet I only use HBO GO.

milojthatch wrote:
"Just copy them on to your computer" you might say. Do you have enough hard drive to hold THAT many shows on your computer? Most people don't. "Rip them on to a DVD-r" you might say. Those won't last very long, and will have a shorter life span then then official studio DVD-r releases, that is if you can ever rip them from the site at all.

If you don't have enough hard drive space, then buy an external hard drive and download them to it. Seriously, you're willing to buy DVDs to get the episodes but you won't buy a hard drive to put free episodes on. You do realize that you can get a terabyte hard drive for around $60, most likely cheaper then your DVD sets would cost and the episodes would be in a higher quality. Your other option is to keep complaining and just wait for them to be taken down but you'd only be taking a win-win and making it a lose-lose.

That said, I have a couple of terabytes of space available but I don't really care for this show enough to want to own it. Watching it once through should be enough and I'm thankful Disney is giving me this opportunity. I advise everyone who wants to "own" this show to download it now while Disney is still being this generous.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:14 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:09 am
Posts: 227
As nice as it is that Disney has uploaded the series onto youtube for free viewing I'm NOT cool with the idea of only being able to watch the episodes that are not on DVD there for the rest of eternity. And as milojthatch stated there is absolutely no guarantee that Disney will leave them up forever.

I don't mind watching things on my computer now and then. Netflix streaming is great. Hulu is wonderful for catching up on current TV series. And youtube is a fun place to waste hours of valuable time. But a youtube video on my computer monitor is no substitute for watching something on a large television screen with stereo or surround sound in your room or living room or wherever you choose. It just isn't and it never will be.

Also, these videos are not commercial free and that's personally irritating to me. I don't want to watch this classic series with commercials. If I did I would watch them on TV on DisneyXD in the middle of the night when it airs.

I bought both DVD sets when they were originally released and I believe Disney owes it to the fans to finish what they started. That's right, I said Disney OWES it to the people who bought the previous DVD sets. To just post it all on youtube with commericals and say "you'll just have to make due with this" is a big middle finger to the fans of this show and to Disney consumer loyalist.

jpanimation wrote:
Most people use a combination of DVRs and Netflix to watch what they want, when they want. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch something off my DVR, since I can't be bothered remembering schedules. Hell, I have HBO and yet I only use HBO GO.


Sorry but I respectfully have to disagree with you there. I know very few people living on their own under the age of 30 who can afford a DVR let alone cable or satellite. Especially not with the economy the way it is now. Most people I know have a TV, a DVD player, a laptop computer and that's it. Maybe you run around with some very well off individuals and if that's the case then lovely.

Also, my Gargoyles season one and two volume one DVD sets look absolutely brilliant when upscaled on an HDTV. Do you think these youtube videos are all brand new HD transfers scanned at 2K resolution? I seriously doubt it. As another user said, with youtube compression they have to upload the video at a 720p level just to emulate a standard definition presentation.

However I do have reason to believe there are newly restored masters after watching the most recent HD airings on the show on DisneyXD. The image is sharp, immaculate, and appears to have had restoration work done. That is NOT what has been uploaded on youtube but it's still ten times better than the old Toondisney rips that have been floating around for ages.


Last edited by JustOneBite87 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am
Posts: 2564
Just more proof that the future is digital. These will not be coming out on DVD, no matter how bad some of you want that to happen. Evolve with the times or turn into grumpy old men, people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:09 am
Posts: 227
SWillie! wrote:
Just more proof that the future is digital. These will not be coming out on DVD, no matter how bad some of you want that to happen. Evolve with the times or turn into grumpy old men, people.


You have no idea what Disney's tentative plans are for Gargoyles in the future. The show could very well see a full release on DVD in the next year or two.

Oh, and DVDs are digital. Hence "Digital Video Disc". And desiring a physical format and collection over online streaming isn't being grumpy, it's expressing a preference.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:45 pm
Posts: 3749
Location: Florida
That's good and bad.

Personally I prefer a physical item over a digital one. I like having the digital copy as an add on to physical ones, but digital is NOT forever. I have heard that some books people bought on Amazon Kindle there deleted FOREVER off ALL Kindles, even after they were purchased. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/techn ... .html?_r=0

No one can come into my house and take a DVD or book from me. But at any moment in time, digital purchases CAN be deleted off our computers/tablets/phones/etc. That is troubling to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:52 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:09 am
Posts: 227
The series has also been posted on the official Disney website as well.

http://video.disney.com/watch/awakening-part-1-4c764a4e2cc4d75c5e80a06a


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1102
Location: Athens, Greece
JustOneBite87 wrote:
Oh, and DVDs are digital. Hence "Digital Video Disc". And desiring a physical format and collection over online streaming isn't being grumpy, it's expressing a preference.


"The official DVD charter documents specify that the basis of the DVD name stems from the term digital versatile disc." ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:19 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am
Posts: 2564
JustOneBite87 wrote:
SWillie! wrote:
Just more proof that the future is digital. These will not be coming out on DVD, no matter how bad some of you want that to happen. Evolve with the times or turn into grumpy old men, people.


You have no idea what Disney's tentative plans are for Gargoyles in the future. The show could very well see a full release on DVD in the next year or two.

Oh, and DVDs are digital. Hence "Digital Video Disc". And desiring a physical format and collection over online streaming isn't being grumpy, it's expressing a preference.


Of course I have no idea what their plans are. It was an educated guess. I'll happily admit I was wrong if and when it does happen. But it won't, because ALL signs point to a digital future.

And don't get all technical on me just for the sake of arguing. DVD is a physical format. You know full well that's what I meant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:25 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am
Posts: 1841
JustOneBite87 wrote:
As nice as it is that Disney has uploaded the series onto youtube for free viewing I'm NOT cool with the idea of only being able to watch the episodes that are not on DVD there for the rest of eternity. And as milojthatch stated there is absolutely no guarantee that Disney will leave them up forever.

Did you not just read my post above. DOWNLOAD THEM. Hard drives are cheaper then DVD season sets and any child can get their computer media playing on their television with a USB slot (HDMI and VGA will work if you're going directly from your computer). Also to note, DVDs don't last for eternity. They will eventually break down and 30-40 years from now (and that's being generous), finding something that will play them may be a bit of a challenge.

JustOneBite87 wrote:
I don't mind watching things on my computer now and then. Netflix streaming is great. Hulu is wonderful for catching up on current TV series. And youtube is a fun place to waste hours of valuable time. But a youtube video on my computer monitor is no substitute for watching something on a large television screen with stereo or surround sound in your room or living room or wherever you choose. It just isn't and it never will be.

I don't watch any of this on my computer. YouTube, Hulu, Amazon video, Netflix, HBO GO are all built into my TV and are in HD. All you need is an internet connection and a subscription to any of these services (I share accounts with friends and don't actually pay for most of these, like HBO). I also have most of these aps on my PS3 and my Blu-ray player, my brother has them on his Xbox. There really isn't any reason you should be forced to stream stuff exclusively on your computer.

JustOneBite87 wrote:
Also, these videos are not commercial free and that's personally irritating to me. I don't want to watch this classic series with commercials. If I did I would watch them on TV on DisneyXD in the middle of the night when it airs.

DOWNLOAD THEM. Commercials aren't built in and they're free. You can watch it the rest of your life an never have to see that commercial again. I can't believe people would rather pay $2 on iTunes for an episode or $20 for half a season on DVD then sit through a 30 second commercial. Watching hard earned money drain from my wallet is more of an irritant then a 30 second commercial.

JustOneBite87 wrote:
I bought both DVD sets when they were originally released and I believe Disney owes it to the fans to finish what they started. That's right, I said Disney OWES it to the people who bought the previous DVD sets. To just post it all on youtube with commericals and say "you'll just have to make due with this" is a big middle finger to the fans of this show and to Disney consumer loyalist.

Yeah Disney, giving us fans the rest of the series for FREE is a big middle finger. I refuse to watch it unless I wasted money on it.

JustOneBite87 wrote:
Sorry but I respectfully have to disagree with you there. I know very few people living on their own under the age of 30 who can afford a DVR let alone cable or satellite. Especially not with the economy the way it is now. Most people I know have a TV, a DVD player, a laptop computer and that's it. Maybe you run around with some very well off individuals and if that's the case then lovely.

Once again, I share the services with friends and if you're paying for a DVR, then you're doing something wrong. Most cable/satellite companies throw in HD and DVRs for free with your subscription. Remember, most of these services don't put limits on how many devices can stream at once, so be neighborly and share with friends.

JustOneBite87 wrote:
Also, my Gargoyles season one and two volume one DVD sets look absolutely brilliant when upscaled on an HDTV. Do you think these youtube videos are all brand new HD transfers scanned at 2K resolution? I seriously doubt it. As another user said, with youtube compression they have to upload the video at a 720p level just to emulate a standard definition presentation.

If the DVD and the YouTube HD presentations are the same, then why are you complaining? I understand if you want a better presentation and were advocating a brand new 2K scan of the original negative for Blu-ray but getting a DVD copy of something already made readily available for free, IDK.

JustOneBite87 wrote:
However I do have reason to believe there are newly restored masters after watching the most recent HD airings on the show on DisneyXD. The image is sharp, immaculate, and appears to have had restoration work done. That is NOT what has been uploaded on youtube but it's still ten times better than the old Toondisney rips that have been floating around for ages.

I've watched the same thing on DisneyXD. It's not a new restoration or at least, none of the ones I watched were. HDTVs nowadays have a lot of built in features to make picture look better on your TV then it would on your computer. If a better source were available, then I'm sure they would upload it. Just look at the Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch, Emperor's New School, Phineas and Ferb, American Dragon, etc. episodes they've posted online. 1080p and crystal clear. As good as, if not better, then the HD presentations I've seen on DisneyXD.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8175
Location: Appleton, WI
JustOneBite87 wrote:
As nice as it is that Disney has uploaded the series onto youtube for free viewing I'm NOT cool with the idea of only being able to watch the episodes that are not on DVD there for the rest of eternity. And as milojthatch stated there is absolutely no guarantee that Disney will leave them up forever.



Hence why people download. Youtube has legal downloading software, so with a bing/google search, within one listing, you have the best way to get youtube videos on your harddrive. sieze the opportunity.

And the thing about youtube is the filesize is small, so I seriously doubt the series would be more than 5-10 gigabytes. That's the size of a DVD.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group