Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyGuy220987

Post by DisneyGuy220987 »

This looks great, and sounds great!
I still prefer the title of Reboot Ralph, but I have no complaints about the change, I like it.
It sounds like it'll have loads of potential.
Seriously cannot wait for a trailer to appear.
This is in my top 4 most anticipated movies of 2012:

1) The Amazing Spider-Man
2) The Avengers
3) Wreck-It Ralph
4) Brave

Yes, I'm a Spider-Man / comics fan aswell as a Disney fan.

So for me, the Marvel-Disney merge was a match made in Heaven lol :D
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

RyGuy wrote:I'm guessing you're forgetting Johnny Fedora & Alice Bluebonnett, Pedro, Little Toot, Susie the Little Blue Coupe, and The Little House (those are the ones that come to mind).

Or do those not count because the first three were only part of a movie and the latter three were from shorts and not animated classics?
You have a really good argument, so bravo. But once again I didn't feel like go into super detail the first time, yet I must (I did mention what I'm about to say before, but you'd have to go faaaar back to find it). The thing about what you just listed is those things were never animate, so it was obvious that Disney gave them living spirits to make them live and be taken as serious emtional things like animals and humans. With video games or animatronics, those things are already animated, and so the question is are they just mindless video games programmed to do all they do or do they have live spirits with real emotions like animals, humans, and anthropohmorphic objects?

My most main problem was just Disney making it obvious that the video game characters have "come to life" like, say, Pinocchio, and aren't just animated programs.

The other thing is the things you just listed are still more of the kind of classic things Disney's always been about as opposed to something like video games, animatronics, robots.
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Disney Duster wrote:
RyGuy wrote:I'm guessing you're forgetting Johnny Fedora & Alice Bluebonnett, Pedro, Little Toot, Susie the Little Blue Coupe, and The Little House (those are the ones that come to mind).

Or do those not count because the first three were only part of a movie and the latter three were from shorts and not animated classics?
You have a really good argument, so bravo. But once again I didn't feel like go into super detail the first time, yet I must (I did mention what I'm about to say before, but you'd have to go faaaar back to find it). The thing about what you just listed is those things were never animate, so it was obvious that Disney gave them living spirits to make them live and be taken as serious emtional things like animals and humans. With video games or animatronics, those things are already animated, and so the question is are they just mindless video games programmed to do all they do or do they have live spirits with real emotions like animals, humans, and anthropohmorphic objects?

My most main problem was just Disney making it obvious that the video game characters have "come to life" like, say, Pinocchio, and aren't just animated programs.

The other thing is the things you just listed are still more of the kind of classic things Disney's always been about as opposed to something like video games, animatronics, robots.
I think you underestimate the magic of Disney storytelling because they have been diverse in their stories but people just focus on the fairy tales.

This reminds me that Wreck It Ralph will be one of their few movies where its totally original and not based on a book,mythological tale,fairy tale or real life events.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Duster seems have this anti-technology, science, digital genre as oppose to the Lalala happy bright fantasy fairy land!

Anyway, lol, the concept for the Halo Sci-fi first person shooter image look fucking BOSS.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

LOL Disney is all about bringing inanimate objects to life.

i.e. DRAWINGS.

Some drawings may look like people, but they are not. Just like some video game characters look like people, but they are not. Thats the whole point of animating them - giving the illusion they are.
Hogi Bear
Special Edition
Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown

Post by Hogi Bear »

Those images look totally awesome. Will they hurry up and release a full trailer (just skip the teaser trailer), I can't wait!
No signature needed - Kyoto Animation put out some beautiful animation
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Disney Duster wrote: With video games or animatronics, those things are already animated, and so the question is are they just mindless video games programmed to do all they do or do they have live spirits with real emotions like animals, humans, and anthropohmorphic objects?
You have an interesting point . . . I think we'll have to wait and see what Disney does and whether they can pull it off (i.e., giving these characters "souls", so to speak). I'm willing to give Disney the benefit of the doubt to see what they can do.

Ultimately, I have a feeling that this film will either be among my favorite Disney films or something I barely like (i.e., Bambi territory)
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I got my new issue of D23 yesterday. I haven't read it yet, but the whole issue is great.. definitely the best one yet (at least in my opinion, as the entire thing is about the history of feature animation at the studio).

Anyways, there's an article about Wreck-It Ralph which uses the same images that have already been posted. I haven't read it yet, but when I get a chance I'll put some pictures up of the article if no one else has.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

SWillie! wrote:When I get a chance I'll put some pictures up of the article if no one else has.
Please do! :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

jazzflower92, classic things doesn't just mean fairy tales.
Victurtle wrote:LOL Disney is all about bringing inanimate objects to life.

i.e. DRAWINGS.

Some drawings may look like people, but they are not. Just like some video game characters look like people, but they are not. Thats the whole point of animating them - giving the illusion they are.
Yea and movies are just photographs moving together, they look like something's moving but they're not. You are missing the entire point that we're supposed to believe the people or animals or objects are real with real emotions as supposed to just digital programs.

I'll give this video game movie a chance, I'll believe they have spirits with real emotions...just still seems so not the kind of stuff Disney was about. Why make so many films be about certain types of things for so many decades, then one day - break it!
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Disney Duster wrote:Why make so many films be about certain types of things for so many decades, then one day - break it!
What exactly are they breaking? Are Disney not allowed to try something new and different every once in a while?
Disney Duster wrote:You are missing the entire point that we're supposed to believe the people or animals or objects are real with real emotions as supposed to just digital programs.
Why can't we believe that the characters in Wreck-It Ralph have real emotions?
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DisneyAnimation88 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Why make so many films be about certain types of things for so many decades, then one day - break it!
What exactly are they breaking? Are Disney not allowed to try something new and different every once in a while?
Well I'm wondering why in Walt's time he never did anything as radically different from what he had done before. There's talking trains and then there's video games that cross into each other.
DisneyAnimation88 wrote:Why can't we believe that the characters in Wreck-It Ralph have real emotions?
Well we can, but never before has Disney given us characters that could just be fake, digital simulations that might not have real emotions because everything they do is simulated. I'd like Disney to find a way to tell us they are real, at least as real as having a real emotional spirit. I'll believe they do have a real spirit with emotions Disney's just never done characters where had to ask that question before.
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

Disney Duster wrote:Well we can, but never before has Disney given us characters that could just be fake, digital simulations that might not have real emotions because everything they do is simulated. I'd like Disney to find a way to tell us they are real, at least as real as having a real emotional spirit. I'll believe they do have a real spirit with emotions Disney's just never done characters where had to ask that question before.
This is such a superficial remark.. The whole point of the movie is to give "digital simulations" emotions and life. What difference does it make that the characters aren't living, human beings (or "real," as you put it) in the sense that they have flesh and bones and a 'real emotional spirit.' I don't even know what kind of terms you're making up anymore.

A character is a character.. If you take everything so literally that a "video game character's emotions are fake because they are simulated" then you are taking it way too far and nitpicking at anything that isn't how Walt supposedly would do it.
"Good and bad are labels created by people. Nature doesn't have such concepts."
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Disney Duster wrote:Well we can, but never before has Disney given us characters that could just be fake, digital simulations that might not have real emotions because everything they do is simulated. I'd like Disney to find a way to tell us they are real, at least as real as having a real emotional spirit. I'll believe they do have a real spirit with emotions Disney's just never done characters where had to ask that question before.
Look at this way..."Wreck it Ralph", is taking the concept of movies like "Toy Story" and "The Neverending Story", and just putting it to the world of Video game characters. Characters who, we mere humans THINK don't exist outside our imaginations, actually DO have normal lives, like us, in their own world. It's the classic "what if" take on something. So the point of the movie is that we find out their emotions are actually NOT simulated after all, which is what makes Ralph so keen on not wanting to be known as the "bad guy" when he feels like a good guy on the inside.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Disney Germany's rule to only choose stupid titles for the German market remains. After such glorious titles like "Wall-e - Einer räumt die Erde auf" (Wall-e - One is cleaning the earth), "Küss den Frosch" (Kiss the Frog) or "Rapunzel - Neu Verföhnt" (Rapunzel - new [imagine a mash-up off 'filmed' & 'blow-dried' :roll:]), we'll get...

...which means something like "Ralph has enough" :roll:. (Plus- according to existing German grammar rules, it should be "Ralph Reicht's" :evil:)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

"Kiss the Frog" is not that bad. The rest of them, yeah. At least, you kept the original title of Rapunzel and just added a silly subtitle.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I know that Heartless and Dancing Crab are (more or less) right...

I just think it shouldn't be done because it still feels un-Disney to me. But there's worse, way more un-Disney things.

So, you know, whatever.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Sorry it took so long, but I've got images of the Wreck-It Ralph article from the Spring issue of D23. They're all in order so you can just scroll through and read the article. Also, sorry about the couple that are a little out of focus.

ALSO - For God's sake, don't QUOTE ME to make a comment on the article or say thanks. This is a big post.

Dream Huntress
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Dream Huntress »

@Swillie!: It looks pretty awesome, thanks.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Thanks, SWillie! I'm getting more and more excited about this release. It looks like something very original and different from Disney's typical fare.
Last edited by Sotiris on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.