Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

MutantEnemy wrote:I guess we ARE getting a WDAS film in 2012! Reboot Ralph release date moved up to November 2, 2012! Monsters University pushed to June 21, 2013!

From EW.com
Walt Disney Studios announced today that it has pushed Monsters University — Disney-Pixar’s 3-D prequel to its 2001 hit Monsters Inc. — from its original Nov. 2, 2012 release to June 21, 2013. The Walt Disney Animation project Reboot Ralph will in turn take over the open release date, sliding from March 22, 2013 to Nov. 2, 2012.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/04/m ... june-2013/

Awesome and exciting news!
Forgive me, but...2 reasons why I'm complaining:

*MI2 is now in 2013!
*SO disappointed about the plot. I always pictured Boo as a teen in a sequel, but M23 is a prequel. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But, congrats on Rebbot Ralph being early. :)
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm always expecting another cancellation. :lol:
Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I saw this thread was bumped. Anyway, if it's been pushed back, I guess that means production is going smoothly. Looking forward to it.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

MutantEnemy wrote:I guess we ARE getting a WDAS film in 2012! Reboot Ralph release date moved up to November 2, 2012! Monsters University pushed to June 21, 2013!

From EW.com
Walt Disney Studios announced today that it has pushed Monsters University — Disney-Pixar’s 3-D prequel to its 2001 hit Monsters Inc. — from its original Nov. 2, 2012 release to June 21, 2013. The Walt Disney Animation project Reboot Ralph will in turn take over the open release date, sliding from March 22, 2013 to Nov. 2, 2012.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/04/m ... june-2013/

Awesome and exciting news!
That is good news! Thanks, MutantEnemy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Oh yeah we can watch it as an end-of-the-world special.

God, that joke is tired.
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

disneyprincess11 wrote: *SO disappointed about the plot. I always pictured Boo as a teen in a sequel, but M23 is a prequel. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Even though I think another movie set in that universe is unnecessary, a sequel would hurt the ending of the original even more.
And besides, what should a teenage Boo and Sully do in a sequel? Fall in love and live in a castle somewhere?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I honestly believe that those who actually want to see a grown up Boo misinterpreted the ending entirely.

That said, I'm glad it's a prequel. Origin stories can be fun if done right and I think it will work well here because the original film did a great job establishing Mike and Sully as best friends. It was very believable.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Happy about Reboot Ralph's move. Though it'd be nice to actually see something from it visually.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

Is it kind of strange that we haven't seen any promotional images or trailers for Reboot Ralph and it's coming out in only seven months? Things like Pirates are hyped years in advanced but Ralph hasn't even had a movie still released? I don't think I'm missing anything. :| It's hard for me to be excited about it yet considering we know and have seen so little. :P
LySs
Gold Classic Collection

Post by LySs »

Patrick wrote:Is it kind of strange that we haven't seen any promotional images or trailers for Reboot Ralph and it's coming out in only seven months?
Seven months? I thought it said Nov. 2, 2012
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

LySs wrote:
Patrick wrote:Is it kind of strange that we haven't seen any promotional images or trailers for Reboot Ralph and it's coming out in only seven months?
Seven months? I thought it said Nov. 2, 2012
Whoops! :lol: I feel better.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Mike Gabriel (co-director of The Rescuers Down Under, and Pocahontas) is currently working as an art director on Reboot Ralph.
At present he is doing art direction on a huge new CG picture. It’s a whole new thing for Mike, who is working with a second new art director. The film, called Reboot Ralph, is original and fresh, according to Mike, who is delighted to be working on it.
Source: http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID513300.asp
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A staffer informed me that my speculation about Reboot Ralph going into production earlier because its release got moved up was wrong. I was told that Reboot's production schedule and production start dates (with attendant hiring) are pretty much the same as before.
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... bouts.html
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Steve Hulett wrote:Yesterday I was tripping through Walt Disney Animation Studios, where animation continues on Prep and Landing Deux and development work rolls along on Reboot Ralph as it eases toward full-bore production. (Other features are in development, with more waiting to be pitched to Mr. Lasseter.)
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... where.html
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

This is going to be my new Tangled (obsession) for the next 2 years :D
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

I'm anxiously awaiting this one. Considering it is about video games, they could possibly fill it with tons of wink-wink references to existing games - making it more of a "cool" Disney movie, perhaps for a more mature or select audience? (AKA: game nerds, think: 'Scott Pilgrim')

[unlikely but I can dream...]
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I don't play video games (I don't have the right sort of brain for them :lol: ) but I'm looking foreward to this. It has to potential to look great, and be a video game answer to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I wouldn't be able to identify nearly as many of the Characters, but I would still admire the look. My only concern is that it will be too grim. I want this to be a fish out of water adventure rather than a survival drama.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

^

I would rather it not be. We got more than enough "fish out of water" films during the '90s.

But I'm honestly looking forward to this. I'm probably as excited about this as I was TP&TF. Hope UD likes it better than they did that film.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Disney's Divinity wrote:^

I would rather it not be. We got more than enough "fish out of water" films during the '90s.

But I'm honestly looking forward to this. I'm probably as excited about this as I was TP&TF. Hope UD likes it better than they did that film.

I'm looking foreward to this as well, and I can see your point about how many "fish out of water" stories there were in the 90's. I just don't like depressing films. This is a moot point, though, as we know very little about the plot at the moment.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Apparently this film has been retitled as Wreck-It Ralph.
BURBANK, Calif. (June 13, 2011) – Some of us are born to be bad, but that doesn’t mean we have to like it. Walt Disney Animation Studios and Emmy®-winning director Rich Moore (TV’s “The Simpsons,” “Futurama”) take moviegoers on a hilarious, video-game-hopping journey in “Wreck-It Ralph,” the story of an arcade game Bad Guy determined to prove he can be a Good Guy. Produced by Clark Spencer (“Lilo & Stitch,” “Bolt”) and featuring the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch, the CG comedy adventure will hit theaters on Nov. 12, 2012, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.

Says Moore, “I love the idea of a very simple 8-bit video game character struggling with the complex question: ‘isn't there more to life than the role I've been assigned?’ In his quest for the answer, we journey with our hero through three visually distinct video game worlds. It's unlike anything anyone's seen before, and I'm thrilled to be to creating it here at Walt Disney Animation Studios.”

Wreck-It Ralph (voice of Reilly) longs to be as beloved as his game’s perfect Good Guy, Fix-It Felix (voice of McBrayer). Problem is, nobody loves a Bad Guy. But they do love heroes… so when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Lynch), Ralph sees it as his ticket to heroism and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple plan—win a medal—but soon wrecks everything, and accidently unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens every game in the arcade. Ralph’s only hope? Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Silverman), a young troublemaking “glitch” from a candy-coated cart racing game who might just be the one to teach Ralph what it means to be a Good Guy. But will he realize he is good enough to become a hero before it’s “Game Over” for the entire arcade?
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... -2012.aspx

Sigh . . . not to start another title war but I'm not sure if I'm digging the new name they're using. :(
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Wreck-It Ralph makes me think of a anthropomorphic steam shovel. XD
Last edited by Sky Syndrome on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.