Wreck-It Ralph (formerly Reboot Ralph)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Steve Hulett wrote:I tottered over to the hat building yesterday, where most employees are turning and burning on Wreck-It Ralph

Like for instance, the entire layout department is on WIR at the moment, with one lonely artist on Frozen. (First things first, I say.) And the crew is pretty much psyched about the picture. An artist pointed out to me:

"The production just released art work that shows other game characters that have cameos in WIR, way in the background there. The company lawyers could have just had us do parodies of other characters, but they went and got the rights to use actual personalities from other video games".
Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... house.html
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

So Duster, are you still concerned about the real life vs. virtual life thing? Or were you satisfied by what you saw in the trailer?

(apologies if I'm mis-summarizing your concern . . . I'm too lazy to read through the old threads to make sure I got it right :)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:
Tristy wrote:Wow! They weren't kidding when they said it was like Roger Rabbit with video game characters since they got Bowser and Egghead in the same shot!
It's Eggman. And yes, after seeing this, it looks awesome! Reminds me a bit of Toy Story because of some the licensed characters. I'm definitely seeing this! :D
Egghead?

Eggman?

Fuck that noise. It's Robotnik.
Julian Carter wrote: 1) Is it just me or won't PlayStation really be represented? It's just that I grew up with that, not Nintendo and Sega. I'd have an orgasm if I were to see Sephiroth or Crash Bandicoot.
Eh, I don't think we'll see PS1 or later characters, at least until we get to the "futuristic" parts, since it seems like the movie is more of a love letter to arcade and the 8/16-bit days.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Even More Images From Wreck-It Ralph – More Game World Images, More Cameos
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/06/ ... re-cameos/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Official Wreck-It Ralph site has a playable Fix It Felix

http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

FigmentJedi wrote:Official Wreck-It Ralph site has a playable Fix It Felix

http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/
Heh heh, I was hoping they'd do that. Freakin' awesome. :D
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Avaitor wrote:
Mickeyfan1990 wrote: It's Eggman. And yes, after seeing this, it looks awesome! Reminds me a bit of Toy Story because of some the licensed characters. I'm definitely seeing this! :D
Egghead?

Eggman?

Eggman is the original name to begin with in Japan.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Sky Syndrome wrote:I was pleasantly surprised to see Q*Bert in the trailer. I'm even more surprised I remembered his name has an asterisk in it while typing it into this post!

And the red ghost Blinky should be Pac-Man's nemesis, he most deserves to be the leader of the ghost group. The orange ghost Clyde moves around uninterested in chasing Pac-Man but would gladly hand his butt to him if Pac-Man ran into him. Blinky just wants to chase down Pac-Man and pursues Pac-Man as though he embedded a tracking device in him. Unlike the other ghosts, Blinky gets a speed boost when Pac-Man eats an unspecified number of dots.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie!
That's probably why it's Clyde in the meetings - he's not really a baddy, he just plays the role of it and therefore needs the support to keep him going lol.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

As I get less interested in Brave with every new trailer / clip, I get more interested in Wreck-it-Ralph with every new trailer / clip (something I never thought would happen). House of the Dead zombi had me cracking up, great animation lol
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Disney Duster wrote:
Barbossa wrote:
Hey, why are us Disney fans saying Disney should be a Pixar standard, it should be the other way around.
Because, Duster. For the past decade, Pixar has been the #1 animation studio in the world, whether you like it or not. You can't just pretend Pixar needs a standard to look up to, when they obviously have a created a standard themselves.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

You are misinterpreting what DD is saying: he is saying Disney fans, as fans of Disney, should consider the Disney standard as the only relevant standard.

He never said everyone should look upto "Disney standard".

Personally I think the whole concept of standards is sad. A minimum threshold of acceptability. This is supposed to be art, and art should be allowed to be unique and consumed subjectively. People might say The Sword in the Stone is not upto Disney's standards, but that doesn't change the fact that I enjoy it more than others that 'make the standard'.
DisneyGuy220987

Post by DisneyGuy220987 »

Avaitor wrote: Egghead?

Eggman?

LMAO :lol:
I always say Robotnik, I can't stand "Eggman"
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Am I the only one who didn't like the trailer? :(
Maybe it's because I don't like video games in general.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

NeverLand wrote:Am I the only one who didn't like the trailer? :(
I didn't think it was that great either. Not bad, but not good either
DisneyGuy220987

Post by DisneyGuy220987 »

Lnds500 wrote:
NeverLand wrote:Am I the only one who didn't like the trailer? :(
I didn't think it was that great either. Not bad, but not good either
I don't play video/computer games, but I thought the trailer was great.
Blatant parodies of other games/characters too, but still recognizable, even from a non-gamer's perspective.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at 1:34 is that T-rex from "Meet the Robinsons" and Max from "Tangled" making cameos?
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

ichabod wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but at 1:34 is that T-rex from "Meet the Robinsons" and Max from "Tangled" making cameos?
I do think it's the dinosaur from meet the robinsons! Not sure if it's Max or not a bit blurry for me! but i hope it is! I love easter eggs lol

also the trailer has gained over half a million views in one day! I find that pretty impresses myself. I don't even think Brave had that :D
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

ichabod wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but at 1:34 is that T-rex from "Meet the Robinsons" and Max from "Tangled" making cameos?
Yup, that is the dinosaur! I just found Maximus and the Captain too!
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPSQOomMWro?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPSQOomMWro?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1080p from the official Disney channel
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That trailer was one of the most un-Disney things I could have ever seen.

I hope the actual movie is not so. I mean, they even inserted a modern pop song into it. WTF.
L&P on the Scales wrote:Pixar have a much longer line of hits under their belt, and of very, very good quality*. While Tangled was almost there, and Wreck It Ralph looks to be up there, they still have a ways to go before they prove their pedigree.

*Except maybe the Cars line.
Um, what?! Disney has a huge list of masterpieces Pixar could never come close to- wait, or do you mean that Disney's CGI films haven't been as good as Pixar's yet? I would say Tangled was more a classic magical masterpiece than any Pixar film I've ever seen. And personally Pixar usually leaves me with such a ehhhck taste, except the first Toy Story was great, and Finding Nemo.
RyGuy wrote:So Duster, are you still concerned about the real life vs. virtual life thing? Or were you satisfied by what you saw in the trailer?

(apologies if I'm mis-summarizing your concern . . . I'm too lazy to read through the old threads to make sure I got it right :)
The trailer seemed to make them look alive kinda like Disney's hats and houses have been, I guess. But...man that trailer was...oh man what is Disney doing to...what Disney really is/was?!
SWillie! wrote:Because, Duster. For the past decade, Pixar has been the #1 animation studio in the world, whether you like it or not. You can't just pretend Pixar needs a standard to look up to, when they obviously have a created a standard themselves.
They are only number one in popularity and money making. Okay, yea, and they also made films that subjectively you must say are a high quality in terms of having tight story and characters that develop and good animation. Except that Wall-E had a bad second half, Toy Story 3 was depressing and had an ending that made no sense (toys live forever and move on to other owners while their owners die, such a happy ending!) and you already know about all the Cars movies. Anyway, I thought Disney fans would see past all that to a certain feeling Disney films give them that cannot be matched by any other popular money-making, or even quality studio. Disney can't just be quality family entertainment - so many other things are that, too. They are Disney entertainment.
Victurtle wrote:You are misinterpreting what DD is saying: he is saying Disney fans, as fans of Disney, should consider the Disney standard as the only relevant standard.

He never said everyone should look up to "Disney standard".

Personally I think the whole concept of standards is sad. A minimum threshold of acceptability. This is supposed to be art, and art should be allowed to be unique and consumed subjectively. People might say The Sword in the Stone is not upto Disney's standards, but that doesn't change the fact that I enjoy it more than others that 'make the standard'.
I think what you said is wonderful, thank you.