Kingdom Hearts 3DS Game Named Dream Drop Distance

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Makes me curious if Square is TRYING to piss us off.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

DisneyJedi wrote:Makes me curious if Square is TRYING to piss us off.
Possibly.....who knows....but like Disney they agree with Lickboot I bet

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v0due39C-XM" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

disneyboy20022 wrote:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v0due39C-XM" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Or they're probably only doing it for the sake of giving people what worlds they want to see in Kingdom Hearts.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Well, KH3 is being held up by Final Fantasy VS XIII(or XIII vs), which is still being worked on for probably 2012 release.

Now, there is lokely no BBS2 or prequel to that(a prequel to a prequel.....odd). Likely, it's the KH:Reconnect that we've been hearing about.

Anyway, the series has become convoluted enough that Nomura said in an interview that one upcoming game exists only to make everything clear and narrow the focus for KH3.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Here's a rundown of the series according to my own knowledge and experience:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now first and foremost is the story Kairi's grandma tells her. All of the worlds in Kingdom Hearts lived together under the same light. When its habitants wanted the light to themselves, darkness was born, causing the world to separate across the universe. But, there were still fragments of light remaining. Darkness still exist, but didn't have a physical form until much later.

In Birth by Sleep, the first Kingdom Hearts story, Xenahort wants to control the power of Kingdom Hearts and unleash the power of darkness onto the world. He is one of the first characters to experiment with light and darkness in people's hearts, Ventus being one of his first experiments. When Ventus refused to give into the darkness during a battle, he creates Vanitas out of the darkness in Ventus's heart. Ventus is then adopted by Master Eraqus, who is then trained along with Terra and Aqua to become keyblade masters.

Aqua becomes the master, which causes the darkness in Terra's heart to gain strength. Aware of this, Xenahort manipulates everyone in order to fulfill his desires and find the way to Kingdom Hearts's power. This means both taking over Terra's body, and having Ventus and Vanitas fight in order to create the KEYblade.

Now, I am not completely clear on this, so feel free to clear this up, Ventus defeats Vanitas, but this means his heart is freed. The heart ends up with a young Sora. Terra succumbs himself into the darkness and becomes Xenahort, the character that is welcomed as Ansem the Wise's assistant in the sequel. Aqua is left to wander in the dark world, trying to find a way back and rescue Ventus and Terra.

In between Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 1, Ansem the Wise is doing experiments with the darkness in people's hearts. He creates the heartless, beings born out of the darkness and learns about the existence of other worlds through King Mickey's visit. During an accident, the heartless take over Radiant Garden, turning some of its inhabitants into Nobodies, beings without a heart, just bodies. Xenahort splits into two: Ansem the heartless and Xemnas the Nobody. This only happens to people with strong hearts. Ansem gathers the Disney villains along with Maleficent, and capture the seven princesses of heart in order to open the portal into Kingdom Hearts.

In Kingdom Hearts 1, we learn that Kairi is a princess of heart, and all three kids become engulfed by the darkness as Destiny Island is destroyed. During this Sora gains the keyblade, travels to other worlds in order to lock their worlds, and must find Riku and Kairi. Riku, much like Terra, has darkness within his heart, which Ansem is using in order to gather the princesses. When they try to open Kingdom Hearts, however, Kairi doesn't do anything. That is because her heart is hidden within Sora's own heart. He frees it by inserting the keyblade onto his chest. This wakes Kairi and the other princesses up, but then he turns into a heartless.

When he finds Kairi, the light within her heart turns him back into Sora. Ansem takes full control of Riku, which leads into the final fight. They learn that Kingdom Hearts is actually filled with light and this defeats Ansem. On the other side of the door King Mickey and Riku are there, and they order Sora and friends to close the door before the darkness escapes.

This restores the destroyed worlds back, but leaves Sora and Riku to wander aimlessly, and Kairi is alone in Destiny Islands.

While walking, Sora, Donald, and Goofy find Pluto, who has a message from King Mickey. They follow him. While sleeping out in the field, a hooded figure looms on the horizon. They end up in Castle Oblivion, a castle run by members of Organization XIII. Sora learns that with each new floor he enters he will lose a memory, while gaining a new one. The one doing all of this is a little girl named Namine, a witch that has power over other people's memories. She is under the control of Marluxia, master of Castle Oblivion.

It turns out that Organization XIII wants to control Sora in order to turn him into a heartless, and power Kingdom Hearts even further. With each defeat of a Organization XIII character, they learn that when Nobodies are defeated, they disappear for good, as they have nothing within their beings. When Marluxia is defeated, Namine tells them that she can bring their memories back, but must stay asleep for a year.

Meanwhile, on another side of the castle, Riku is being toyed around by the Organization as well. They create a dark clone of Riku so he can unleash his power. But, Riku gains the help of King Mickey. In his travels Riku meets an enigmatic figure called DiZ, whose intentions are not really clear until Kingdom Hearts 2.

Now, remember what happened with Sora when he became a heartless? When he lost his heart, this caused him to create a Nobody: Roxas. Now, this is completely MY OWN THEORY, so please take this part with a grain of salt. Notice how Roxas bears an extremely strong resemblance to Ventus? To me, that is because he is the physical manifestation of Ventus's heart, which he gave to Sora when he was younger.

As Sora remains asleep, recovering his memories, a new member has been accepted into the Organization: Xion. She is a Nobody born out of Sora's memories. She too wields a keyblade just like Sora and Roxas. 358/2 days exists mainly to retell the story of Roxas's days as an Organization XIII member, as well how they had to destroy Xion, as Sora's memory gain could be affected by her existence.

Roxas then decides to leave Org. XIII. He battles Riku, now wearing a dark hood and a blindfold in his eyes. He is defeated by Roxas, this makes him feel like he needs to accept the darkness in his heart. Riku then turns into a clone of Xenahort's heartless. Roxas is finally defeated and placed in a digital world created by DiZ. He lives his life as if he was a resident of Twilight Town. But then he is told that he is merely a fragment of Sora's heart, which means he will disappear once Sora awakens.

This is where Kingdom Hearts 2 comes in. Sora learns that he only defeated Xenahort's heartless, and that his Nobody is the one in charge of Org. XIII. They want all the hearts in the world in order to power Kingdom Hearts and become full once more. During this, Maleficent is brought back to life, which begins the war between the heartless and the Nobodies. Sora finds King Mickey, and he learns that Xenahort was an assistant to the REAL Ansem, Ansem the Wise.

Sora then meets Roxas. We learn that Roxas can still exist as Sora, and Namine, revealed to be a Nobody as well, can live on through Kairi.

DiZ then reveals himself to be Ansem to everybody, and tries to undo the harm he did with his experiments. Xenmas's Kingdom Hearts is destroyed. His defeat brings everybody back to their respective world...AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY, EVER AFTER....

WROOOOOOONG!

Now its Re: Coded's turn. Taking place right after the end of KH II, Jiminy Cricket learns that he has two journals, one filled up, and the other completely blank, save for one message... "Thank Namine". The reason he doesn't remember that is because when Namine promised to bring back their memory, she also explained that they would their memory of Castle Oblivion. Mickey decides to investigate using his computer. The journal still has info on the first journal, but the data is corrupted. They use Data Sora to investigate. With each new world that is restored, new sides of the story pop up.

At the end, King Mickey reports to Yen Sid about it. Yen Sid reveals to Mickey that the destruction of Xenahort's Heartless and Nobody caused him to fully return to his Terra form. He summons Riku and Sora (which is the letter they receive at the end of KH II) and has them participate in the Mark of Mastery test, which is the test Terra and Aqua took in Birth by Sleep. This is so they can finally defeat Xenahort for good. This is what the story behind Dream Drop Distance is going to be. Hopefully with this, in Kingdom Hearts 3, they bring back Ventus to life with Roxas's own heart, Terra is restored to his full self and Aqua is reunited with everybody.

And from that point on it's one big TO BE CONTINUED. With the reveal of the secret trailer in BbS Final Mix, Volume Two could recount Aqua's story, reveal more behind the keyblade war, and bring the prequel's plot to a close.

Which should HOPEFULLY lead to Kingdom Hearts 3, where ALL stories should come to an end.

-------------------------------------------------------

END SPOILERS

Don't take this as fact, people, as its likely Nomura has even more games planned up for release, and I don't have all of the facts from each game.
ImageImageImageImage

PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

disneyboy20022 wrote:

totally off topic, but the Nostalgia critic's review of the Tom and Jerry movie is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. Especially how he started to cry when Tom and Jerry sing a song about being BFF's. :lol:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

ajmrowland wrote: Anyway, the series has become convoluted enough that Nomura said in an interview that one upcoming game exists only to make everything clear and narrow the focus for KH3.
I won't be surprise if that suppose game going to fuck it up and make it even more convoluted. Cause that's how Japan rolls with their stuff.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

DisneyJedi wrote:Man....

Is this game gonna be only for 3DS, or can it be played on a regular DS? If not the latter, does that mean I'll have to get a 3DS? :(

I only ask because I heard the American price might be $300 and my family already has two DSi XL's. And I really REALLY don't want to have to spend buckets of money on having to get a new DS. :(
The 3DS is an entirely new console, that would be like trying to play a PS3 game on a PS2. The price is $250 and it will be out on March 27th in the US. I cancelled my 3DS pre-order when I heard the price - here in the UK it's £220/$349! I've put the money towards a new 3DTV instead. That way I can watch BD3D's and play the 3D enabled PS3 games. I can not wait for the Team Ico Collection and Uncharted 3 :D
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

yamiiguy wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:Man....

Is this game gonna be only for 3DS, or can it be played on a regular DS? If not the latter, does that mean I'll have to get a 3DS? :(

I only ask because I heard the American price might be $300 and my family already has two DSi XL's. And I really REALLY don't want to have to spend buckets of money on having to get a new DS. :(
The 3DS is an entirely new console, that would be like trying to play a PS3 game on a PS2. The price is $250 and it will be out on March 27th in the US. I cancelled my 3DS pre-order when I heard the price - here in the UK it's £220/$349! I've put the money towards a new 3DTV instead. That way I can watch BD3D's and play the 3D enabled PS3 games. I can not wait for the Team Ico Collection and Uncharted 3 :D
3DTVs are way more expensive. I've decided to save up for a 3DS anyway, despite its ridiculous price. That way, I won't have to borrow my brother or sister's DS's. Plus, I can toggle the 3D off.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

DisneyJedi wrote:
yamiiguy wrote: The 3DS is an entirely new console, that would be like trying to play a PS3 game on a PS2. The price is $250 and it will be out on March 27th in the US. I cancelled my 3DS pre-order when I heard the price - here in the UK it's £220/$349! I've put the money towards a new 3DTV instead. That way I can watch BD3D's and play the 3D enabled PS3 games. I can not wait for the Team Ico Collection and Uncharted 3 :D
3DTVs are way more expensive. I've decided to save up for a 3DS anyway, despite its ridiculous price. That way, I won't have to borrow my brother or sister's DS's. Plus, I can toggle the 3D off.
A 3DS is around 30% of the price of a 3DTV (here in the UK anyway). You can usually find a 3DTV around about £700/$1115
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Super Aurora wrote:
ajmrowland wrote: Anyway, the series has become convoluted enough that Nomura said in an interview that one upcoming game exists only to make everything clear and narrow the focus for KH3.
I won't be surprise if that suppose game going to fuck it up and make it even more convoluted. Cause that's how Japan rolls with their stuff.
If you subtract Miyazaki, I guess.

Then again, I only saw five of his films, so.......

The 3DS is coming out that soon? I thought I'd have to wait until fall, at the very least. Anyway, Whenever this game comes out is the latest I'm buying, depending on the other games.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ajmrowland wrote:
Super Aurora wrote: I won't be surprise if that suppose game going to fuck it up and make it even more convoluted. Cause that's how Japan rolls with their stuff.
If you subtract Miyazaki, I guess.

The 3DS is coming out that soon? I thought I'd have to wait until fall, at the very least. Anyway, Whenever this game comes out is the latest I'm buying, depending on the other games.

I'm getting this game for sure:

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for the Nintendo 3DS

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Cl ... 836&sr=1-4

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I might get a 3DS too but for a different game:

Dead or Alive Dimensions.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
ajmrowland wrote: If you subtract Miyazaki, I guess.

I'm getting this game for sure:

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for the Nintendo 3DS

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Cl ... 836&sr=1-4
Screencaps? It'd be between this and the PS3 version.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I don't care about KH, but I can't wait till Nomura release this epic RPG!

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

:lol:
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Super Aurora wrote:I don't care about KH, but I can't wait till Nomura release this epic RPG!

What? No chains and excessive jewelry? :p
ImageImageImageImage

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wcKDo39twwc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

http://www.kh2.co.uk/kingdom-hearts-3d/ ... online.php

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

nice to have a better quality version. Sora's JP actor's actually growing on me.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ajmrowland wrote:nice to have a better quality version. Sora's JP actor's actually growing on me.
EDIT:

Here's an English Fan made dub...it sounds good...although it might not be a fan made...either way it sounds good

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-0_zS308pTc" frameborder="0"></iframe>