Kingdom Hearts 3DS Game Named Dream Drop Distance

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

This one does, from all that I’ve read. It’s more like Birth by Sleep, and a lot less like Chain of Memories, Days, and Coded.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

All games are important to the series, the only one who is not that important was 35/2 Days. Not that you shouldn't know what happens though..
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

Thanks Divinity
Lnds500 wrote:All games are important to the series, the only one who is not that important was 35/2 Days. Not that you shouldn't know what happens though..
Yeah they're important.. but only important to try and fill in the several plot holes that the series has. I feel like nothing about KH is planned and they just keep getting backed into corners so they release these half assed games to try and explain themselves. The story of Kingdom Hearts has become so contrived at this point, it's ridiculous.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Patrick wrote:I'd really like to know if DDD is an actual installment of the series or just a filler game like 352/8 Days. Considering we've got to wait so long for KH3, I hope this is a game with substance.
I know this is old, but days is not just "filler". A lot of it is, but they tied it into this game.

Anyway, only a week until it comes out stateide. an update for the last three months:

An E3 demo of the Country of Musketeers world section at, well, E3

a downloadable demo that by comparison is underwhelming but excepionally introduces the new mechanics along with a couple new Traverse Town areas and a cutscene with neku. Basically a little of everything except interacting with characters manually. The 3D is great sometimes overwhelming but works well in the cutscene..

A few new english trailers that, mostly this special one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3nKdgiVvziU" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I have no sound on my computer at work sadly, so I must ask, are they the original voices being used again for this game ? Or have they changed ?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm not sure. I know Tom Hulce is not going to be back for Hunchback, but Jason Alexander will. Mostly, you have people who imitate (pretty well, imo).

I'm really looking forward to this! I've already pre-ordered the strategy guide (I don't really use them, but I just have them because they're KH). I've seen a few sales at some some stores nearby that were selling the 3DS with $20 free on a game, so I hope they're still there when this is released. Even though I hate having to get so many systems for one series, I look at it as pretty good, because in the long run there'll be other games I would like to play on the system anyway (I plan on getting Theatrhythm when the price comes down). And though it's a tiny/pointless cameo, I'm glad Ursula is in this game. It just makes me happier even if it means nothing.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I have no sound on my computer at work sadly, so I must ask, are they the original voices being used again for this game ? Or have they changed ?
for the original and common KH characters and the World Ends With You characters, yes.

For Tron and Hunchback, that's mostly hard to say, but i can confirm that Jeff Bridges turned down the offer to do this, and of course Tony Jay is dead so that's likely Corey Burton. I doubt Demi Moore and Kevin Kline came back, but Tom Hulce is a possibility.

*edit* no he's not, but I do remember Jason Alexander confirmed in his twitter.

I preordered two copies of the game(one a Mark of Mastery and the other regular I'll just resell the other copy when it comes) and the strategy guide. kinda stupid i guess but I was doubtful of release-date delivery.

as for Theatrhythm, just like dissidia, I prefer to play as many of the numbered games as I can and finish those to avoid spoilers.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Ahh ok, thank you for letting me know!

It would have been cool if Tom Hulce had come back though...everyone else does!
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

Well to me the only main games so far have been Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II & Birth By Sleep. They are primarily focused on the main storyline and have long arcs. Everything else is a 'fill in the gaps' type game or just filler.

I think that KH 358/2 Days to me was important just because it was a different perspective than we're used to, I thought it was interesting to see the reactions from Roxas associating the Disney characters, literally learning about life from just watching them, but never talking to them. I found the story quite involving despite the fact the game itself was not 100% necessary.

I think KH Dream Drop Distance will be in same vein, albeit featuring new worlds and focusing on Sora/ Riku. I think it will answer some questions about the series but will nowhere near be as epic as KHIII is looking to be. I understand the frustration people have with all the side games, but I believe this will be one of those which has to be played before KHIII is released.
I'm not exactly sure what this game that they've been teasing that supposedly 'answers every question' before KHIII will be, although there were rumors of a Mickey Mouse game, which I say, go for so long as they have new worlds, a good storyline and that it doesn't affect KHIII.

To me I feel Chain of Memories and Coded/ Re:Coded are more filler/ side games. I say filler because I don't believe they have all that much importance on the actual storyline at-all, I think someone could not play them and they would not miss a great deal. I haven't finished Re: Coded yet but the fact it had no new worlds is very telling it really is just a filler. (Although it may answer something.)

Although, despite a few filler games and a couple of side ones, (perhaps DDD wont be classed as a side one) KH is definitely one of my favourite game series around. :)