Disney recording sessions

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Disney recording sessions

Post by abenotgabe »

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find more recording sessions similar to this one by Jodi Benson. I've never really gone through bonus features on my discs so I'm wondering if anyone can provide a list of what I can find on the Disney movies that have been released or some links. I recently discovered the recording of "A whole new world" on the Platinum Edition of Aladdin and a live performance of "A dream is a wish your heart makes" on Cinderella. I would like to see some others like Paige O' Hara recording Belle and Jonathan Freeman recording Jafar. Any help is appreciated!
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4JnwgbeJZ8c" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I love this video. I wonder how long until Jodi Benson has it removed off youtube... ugh.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Poody wrote:I love this video. I wonder how long until Jodi Benson has it removed off youtube... ugh.
Nice one! :up:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I love the little look she gives the guy at the end. Do you think it meant "How's that? Was it good? Am I gonna have to do it again?" lol

I always wanted to ask this question:

Why do the voice actors most often have to record their voices apart from other actors?

Because that means when they do their voice acting, they have to imagine what the other actors are saying/going to say, and can't work off of them. As someone studying theatre currently in college, I know from experience and teaching that hearing what the other actors say will effect, and actually must effect how you say your lines, otherwise it will sound like you're not even interacting with them, and it won't sound like you are acting well. You know, kind of like context, responding to how something is said and saying what feels the right way back to it.

Now, in the final films, this doesn't seem like a problem, but I am wondering why they don't have the actors together, to act off of each other, simply because it would certainly make the acting better.

I know that they actually had the voice actors for Belle and the Beast do some scenes voice acting together, because they really wanted chemistry for that film. It sounded like Ilene Woods who voiced Cinderella may have voice recorded with the voice of the Prince in some scenes, from some comments she said, but I can't tell and I don't know for sure.

So the questions is, why not try to get that same chemistry, that same quality level of acting, with all of their actors in all of their films?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Poody wrote:I love this video. I wonder how long until Jodi Benson has it removed off youtube... ugh.
If she has it removed from youtube, it won't stop people from watching a longer clip of it in the Waking Sleeping Beauty supplements. :P

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Phil Johnson

Post by Phil Johnson »

I think a lot of the time, with celebrity voice actors, it comes down to scheduling. Though some of the more recently productions have done more with the cast in the room together.

I believe the Simpson's cast works together too.

I think you're right that it would lead to better acting. But since it's being tightly edited after, a lot of that can be molded there.