DisneyNature's The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

DisneyNature's The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos

Post by Barbossa »

Does anyone happen to know the release date of the first DisneyNature movie The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos ?

I went on a number of websites, but they just have Dec 2008 listed, no day. Anybody know what day it's coming out in North America?

With some searching, I found the French poster for it. The poster says December 17. Is that the North American release date also?
Last edited by Barbossa on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I believe that the first DisneyNature film being released in the US is going to be Earth. It will be released on Earth Day, April 22, 2009.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

I didn't realize till I saw that poster that I'd never seen what a baby flamingo looked liked before! *snuggles the stilt-legged fuzzy bundle*
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

Its initial release will be in France. And the french trailer is out...its gorgeous....very much in the calibre of March of the Penguins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBT74qgJe1M
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thanks so much for posting that, Mr arrow!!! It looks really good. I'm not going to see any of the DisneyNature films until I find out if there is violence and/or death, though, because that's a dealbreaker for me.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Interesting that they are using Sigur Ros' music in the Earth trailer (Hoppipolla). They were kind of unknown, then one of their songs was in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and then Disney used one of their songs during the end credits of Roving Mars.

So Flamingos aren't coming out here on Decemeber 17, just France? If anybody finds out the north American released date, please post.

I checked out the official site but couldn't find any dates.

Anyone know if they'll be released to IMAX?

I'm really looking forward to all of these (and getting them on DVD). 8)
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I'm still wondering what became of this movie. Trailer Addict has a release date of September 25, 2009, but I don't remember the movie coming out to theaters. Does anyone? Here's two posters that were on Trailer Addict:
http://www.traileraddict.com/tags/the-crimson-wing

So, anybody know what's up with Crimson Wing? Will it get a North American release?
blackcauldron85

Well, if Wikipedia is to be believed:
The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos is a 2008 British-French-American nature documentary from the Walt Disney Company's wildlife film label Disneynature. It was premiered in France on 26 October 2008 and was released in the UK in September 2009. It is not expected for a release in the US until after the release of Oceans.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Well, if Wikipedia is to be believed:
The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos is a 2008 British-French-American nature documentary from the Walt Disney Company's wildlife film label Disneynature. It was premiered in France on 26 October 2008 and was released in the UK in September 2009. It is not expected for a release in the US until after the release of Oceans.
So, maybe this year, or is it plannd to be the 2011 Earth Day release?
blackcauldron85

I'm not sure, but either way, if it is released this year or next year, there would also be another Disneynature film released the same year (Oceans this year and Hidden Beauty next year)...does Disney plan on releasing more than one per year?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I'm not sure, but either way, if it is released this year or next year, there would also be another Disneynature film released the same year (Oceans this year and Hidden Beauty next year)...does Disney plan on releasing more than one per year?
I dunno. I thought the original plan was to release one on Earth Day, and then one in September or early fall. But last year we just got the one (earth)
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Here's the trailer:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQXbkQ8qxJI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQXbkQ8qxJI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Release Date: 15 Mar 2010 - UK
Crimson Wing [Blu-ray]
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

jrboy wrote:Image
Release Date: 15 Mar 2010 - UK
Crimson Wing [Blu-ray]
Wow, and it hasn't even been released theatrically yet in North America.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the song/artist in the trailer?
JDCB1986
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JDCB1986 »

Barbossa wrote: Wow, and it hasn't even been released theatrically yet in North America.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the song/artist in the trailer?
It's called 'To Build a Home' by The Cinematic Orchestra & Patrick Watson. One of my all-time favourite songs !!
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

I'm definitely looking forward to this film. I'm a sucker for the DisneyNature films.
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

It was released this week in Latin America. I bought a Blu-Ray/DVD combo in a local store. Very nice documentary!
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

So with Oceans out in theaters now, and African Cats slated to be the next earth day release, any chnace this will be in North American theaters between now and the release of African Cats?

I wish Disneynature's release schedule was the same globally. It's starting to bug me that people in other parts of the world get to see it but we don't, and Disney's homebase is on this continent. If they don't want to release it in the states, it would be nice if they at least released it in Canada.
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

Barbossa said
So with Oceans out in theaters now, and African Cats slated to be the next earth day release, any chnace this will be in North American theaters between now and the release of African Cats?
If you have a multiregion player its well worth getting Barbossa :) - having seen it already on bluray I responded to a similar query you mentioned within the Oceans subject in the forum a couple of days ago so I wont repeat myself ; but you got me thinking because it never came out in Australia either and Ive been trying to find out why - I did stumble across an article that may give more insight into your enquiry over at c21 media and I think you'll find it insightful-

http://www.c21media.net/resources/detai ... icle=55298

It says that Crimson Wing didnt do well at the box office---well apart from an online trailer and extremely limited release theres very little awareness of it outside those that are searching for information. I wouldnt argue that it is more of an arthouse flick but I found it one of the most gorgeous films Ive seen in a long time---if you have bluray thats the way to go :)
As I mentioned in the Oceans subject in the forum - Im a bit concerned about Hidden Beauty now because its coming out soon in Europe but is juggled around on the U.S. slate...Also if you go to the Disneynature homepage you will notice that the previously announced Orangutans: One minute to Midnight has vanished from the slate entirely I havent been able to find out why it seems to have dissapeared.