Disney characters you're meh about

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Disney characters you're meh about

Post by Jay »

We all have Disney characters we love and we all have characters we dislike. What about the characters you don't really have an opinion on? You don't like them but you don't hate them, they're just there. Who are those characters you are just meh about ?
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney characters you're meh about

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Shang I guess. He's not bad, but never saw the big "hoo-hah" the fandom has with him.

The Lion King characters. Save Timon, whom I find an opportunist, the others are just kinda "there" for me. The same thing with Tarzan characters, but I do find the villains / antagonists there forced in.

Aurora and Philip: I used to like them, but now I'm just "eh". They're bland character-wise, but they look pretty good all in all.
Last edited by thedisneyspirit on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Pocahontas- For reasons that everyone points out.

Stika- He could've had a bit more to his character other than being a brother character who gets killed off pretty quickly.

Louis- I don't hate him, his animation is fantastic, it's just that I wish that the story people kept his original backstory.

Scar- Here's a villian who starts out as a classy bad guy, only later on turns to a whiny prima donna. But he's okay in my book.

Most of Oozma Kappa (except Don Carlton)- They are neat when it comes to they're designs but as characters we don't get anything interesting from them except for Don.

That's pretty much it when it comes to a "meh" level. The other Disney characters, I either love or hate.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
frankf3
Gold Classic Collection

Post by frankf3 »

Eric from Little Mermaid: Not the best prince character, but far from the worst. He is just there.

Mushu from Mulan: He has his funnt moments, but the character is not all that memorable.

Phil from Hercules: Same as Mushu.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I might have an opinion if I knew what "meh" is or was. I absolutely don't know what this is an abbreviation for. I know I have asked before, but no one seems to really know, it is something that someone said and like lemmings, everyone else is following it.

What does "MEH" mean?
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Roger (from Dalmatians)
Belle, Gaston
Simba
John Smith
Philoctetes
Jafar
Aurora/Briar Rose/Sleeping Beauty
Bambi's Mother

Probably a few more I can't think of off the bat. All of these are characters I don't dislike, but was never really enamored with.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

dvdjunkie wrote:I might have an opinion if I knew what "meh" is or was. I absolutely don't know what this is an abbreviation for. I know I have asked before, but no one seems to really know, it is something that someone said and like lemmings, everyone else is following it.

What does "MEH" mean?
"Meh" basically means "indifferent towards." I believe The Simpsons made that word popular.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Sorry to say, but it's Goofy, Donald, Daisy and co for me. Never took to them as a child, and I still don't now. I like Mickey and Minnie, but even then they aren't high up on my list.

:oops:
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

i'm surprised that most people found pocahontas meh. despite the betrayal of her nickname which means 'playful one' (there's only a slight hint of her playfulness in the movie), she was characterized as a noble person with grace and beauty that puts her on the same pedestal as aurora and elsa (3 of my favorite characters). But as much as i love the movie, i too find john smith to be bland and mel gibson's delivery of his lines failed to deliver certain humor. e.g "try eating it for 4 months straight'", "i've gotten out of worse scrapes than this, can't think of any right now but...". thankfully he's one gorgeous character and i've always felt that flynn rider is an almost carbon copy of his design from the hair and the costume, albeit with a better sense of humor.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

--
Last edited by thedisneyspirit on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Pocahontas- meh, just meh. Is her middle name meh ?

Goofy- He's alright, you're either a huge fan of him or find him really obnoxious, and I don't really hate him or love him.

Aurora- She's disappointing, but the same time she isn't a awful or annoying character, she's just alright.

Jafar- He's just well, meh
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

thelittleursula wrote:Aurora- She's disappointing, but the same time she isn't a awful or annoying character, she's just alright.
I've always wondered why Aurora was given barely anything to do; she starts of promisingly then she just sort of disintegrates as the film gets on. Especially jarring as Cinderella was written so well a few years before. I know she isn't the main focus of the story later, but she doesn't even speak ! Which is very wasteful when you consider you had Mary Costa's voice to use.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

---
Last edited by thedisneyspirit on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Haha really?!

Well, I like all Disney Classics characters from any of their movies, and not just the Princesses….. just not so keen on Mickey's friends is all.
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

96 of the 101 dalmatians, lmfao rotfl pretty sad as thats one of my favourite films, all due to bill peets involvement. i was raised on his books and have many fond memories of dad reading certain titles without even having to open the book. hehe
big kid at heart
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
thelittleursula wrote:Aurora- She's disappointing, but the same time she isn't a awful or annoying character, she's just alright.
I've always wondered why Aurora was given barely anything to do; she starts of promisingly then she just sort of disintegrates as the film gets on. Especially jarring as Cinderella was written so well a few years before. I know she isn't the main focus of the story later, but she doesn't even speak ! Which is very wasteful when you consider you had Mary Costa's voice to use.
Because they over went their budget and got too hook up on "Muh beAutIFul AnINuMaTion", while completely ignoring story and characters.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Dopey has never amused me as much as Grumpy or Doc did.
Jiminy Cricket is an ostentatious, priggish procrastinator, yet I still retain some nebulous nostalgic affection for him.
The casts of Aristocats, Robin Hood, Black Cauldron and Oliver & Company.
Pocahontas and Mulan are rather dull in my eyes.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

With the exception of Aurora, Ariel, Belle and Tiana, ALL of the Princesses and with the exception of Phillip, Beast, Aladdin and Naveen, ALL of the Princes. Don't hate them, just feel thoroughly indifferent toward them.

Pretty much the entire cast of Alice in Wonderland and Lady and the Tramp. Again, I don't HATE them, I just...nothing them. (Lady and the Tramp is like Ambien for me. I just...start...to...doze...Eugh! What?! Oh, yeah... the dogs... they're going to... Zzzzz.)

Winnie the Pooh. He's just so generically cutesy.

Dinky and Boomer from The Fox and the Hound.

Everybody from The AristoCats and Oliver & Company.

Nearly everybody from The Black Cauldron. (I quite enjoy The Horned King.)

Every character from Mulan, except Mushu, who I quite dislike.

Milo, Kida, Dr. Sweet, Audrey, Commander Rourke and ALL of the Atlanteans from Atlantis: the Lost Empire. I enjoy Helga Sinclair, Miss Packard, Vinnie and Moliere, though.

Every character from Brother Bear, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Bolt...

Louis the Alligator from The Princess and the Frog.

Mama Odie from The Princess and the Frog.