What is your favorite Disney Holiday Special?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

What is your favorite Disney Holiday Special?

Post by avonleastories95 »

My favorite real Christmas special of the 3 (A Walt Disney Christmas, A Disney Christmas Gift, and Jimminy Cricket's Christmas) is A Disney Christmas Gift. I still have the tape from my sister when she was a Young 'Un. The reason is, to me, is because it is the most expressive. It felt like the perfect Christmas special to me when I was young. Now, as a 15 year-old, I like it because it uses a few memorable moments of my favorite Disney movies, and the way they were put together with the chorus music was spectacular!

My next favorite Disney Christmas staple is Very Merry Christmas Songs. I really did not care for it when I was little, because I liked 12 Days of Christmas better. I am writing about the one from 1988. Now as a teenager who still likes Disney, I would have to say that I love the Very Merry Christmas Songs better. The reason being that it uses my favorite Christmas songs (it would have been that much better if it had "The Christmas Song") and I love the piece at the end. In fact, when I bought it at a school Rummage Sale, I actually cried at that particular number! I mean "Silent Night" with Living Voices and animation from Ave Maria, who wouldn't be in tears? What really did me in was The Piano music from "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." It also "felt more" like the songs, because 12 Days of Christmas tried to "rock" the Christmas Carols, which I thought was completely unnecessary. I believe that this Sing Along Song tape in particular was better than most Disney features of the Dark Age. This and Be Our Guest are my favorite Disney Sing Along Songs.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

I've only seen three holiday specials: A Mother's Day Special, the Valentine's Special that uses clips from Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Disney's Halloween Treat.

I like the Halloween Treat the best cause even when showing light and fluffy clips, it still manages to be quite dark. But the thing that really makes this worthwhile is Hans Conried's take on the Magic Mirror making humorous anecdotes on the villains.