Tangled (aka Rapunzel) Discussion - Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Getting Tangled with Mandy Moore: Exclusive Interview
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/a ... andy-Moore
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

DancingCrab wrote:According to a friend in L.A. Disney is already starting advanced screenings of the finished film as of this Thursday, as he has a ticket.
O: Could you ask how he got those tickets?
Fairytales
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Fairytales »

Somehow everybody got way off topic indeed xD
Anyway, i'm gonna read the interview and then go to sleep. It's 1 am here in Holland :zzz:
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

My friends got to see Rapunzel and Flynn on Saturday and one of them decided to surprise me with a video of them! Flynn said my name wrong XD
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_ReqJQ6km4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_ReqJQ6km4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is my friend's picture of them

On the first page, there are some rather cute pictures of Rapunzel, Flynn, and a little girl: http://www.flickr.com/photos/angelasews/

They are so adorable
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

She's too pretty to play Rapunzel...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Yeah, I definitely liked the other couple better.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Wow these two look NOTHING close to Rapunzel or Flynn in the animated movie.

No wonder they're having trouble getting recognition inside the parks.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

toonaspie wrote:Wow these two look NOTHING close to Rapunzel or Flynn in the animated movie.

No wonder they're having trouble getting recognition inside the parks.
funny... I thought they looked much better than the other couple. :lol:
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

My friend and Disney author Brent Dodge (he's also Escapay and Disneykid's friend...we rule Wednesdays ;) ) was able to meet with Rapunzel and Flynn! He showed them his book, talked about it, then Flynn goes on a tangent about how he was named after a big hero, then they both signed the book.

Check it out:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4PSXIvF3qHY?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4PSXIvF3qHY?fs ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

His book is "From Screen to Theme: A Guide to the Animated Disney References in Walt Disney World". You can visit this website here:
www.fromscreentotheme.com
ImageImageImageImage

Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Awesome, jolly. I made a comment on Brent's facebook that I'll repeat here:

That's amazing! I like how she talks about walking on grass for the first time. It is quite an exciting feeling.

And if you happen to stop by Brent's page, be sure to play the new Wait Your Turn game, or check out past episodes of The W.E.D.nesday Show!

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Escapay, I still stand by what I said, how Jackoleen writes still makes me feel...awkward to respond.

And we'll see what happens when I make my mature thread if I ever do...
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Dusty,

As usual, you misunderstood and missed the point of my post. By writing my post as an essay, I was poking fun at the idea of anyone writing their posts on any forum as an essay with MLA format, citations, etc. The body of Jackoleen's posts are fine, the only formality that I read in them is the "Dear Disney Enthusiasts" and "Thanks in advance for your replies". And there's nothing wrong with including that. After all, what matters is *what* she's saying, not *how* she's saying it. Plus, I honestly don't see how you think of them as essays, when they more closely resemble letters.

I initially wrote this post as a "letter", but changed it. But when it was a letter, I wasn't poking fun at Jackoleen, she has every right to post however she wants. Because the body of what she says in her posts, and what I'm saying in this one, still reads as a conversational "informal" post regardless if there is a "Dear so-and-so" or "To whom it may concern" or whatever. While she likes her formalities, I simply skip over them and read the body of her post. If you feel awkward about that, that's you. Don't write it as if it's her fault you feel awkward. Again, it shouldn't matter *how* she's saying something. What matters is *what* she is saying.

Granted, I rarely ever replied to her posts, but that doesn't mean I'm not reading them. She has some interesting insights at times and at least they're not about feet.

I count the days to inevitable closure/locking of your mature thread.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

I so wanna ask Rapunzel if anyone has called her Tangled :o
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well Scaps, I was just telling her know I feel, sometimes you have to let people know things they do that make you and others uncomfortable. I was just letting her know how I feel. And I still feel that way.
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

yukitora wrote:I so wanna ask Rapunzel if anyone has called her Tangled :o
Hahaha, wouldn't that be sad. XD

Although, I bet some of the adults would call her that.
phan258
Gold Classic Collection

Post by phan258 »

janesjubilee wrote:
yukitora wrote:I so wanna ask Rapunzel if anyone has called her Tangled :o
Hahaha, wouldn't that be sad. XD

Although, I bet some of the adults would call her that.

That would be sad.....because you'd have to be pretty stupid to think someone's NAME was 'Tangled.' Sheeeeeesh. :roll:
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I'm not a big fan of those new photos of Rapunzel and Flynn from Disneyland. I love the newest video from Epcot though.

Oh and while I've been working here at Studios, I've had two or three people thinking her name is "Tangled." I've wanted to smack them really hard.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Wow. That's like saying to Taran "Oh hello Black Cauldron"
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

phan258 wrote:
janesjubilee wrote: That would be sad.....because you'd have to be pretty stupid to think someone's NAME was 'Tangled.' Sheeeeeesh. :roll:
never under estimate human stupidity. i work in a shop where, until recently, everything instore was the same price: $2. i would have at least one person per shift ask how much something was, never mind the carpet covered with $2 coin design, $2 labels on all the bins and posters hanging from the ceiling, and the uniforms.
big kid at heart
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

phan258 wrote:
janesjubilee wrote: That would be sad.....because you'd have to be pretty stupid to think someone's NAME was 'Tangled.' Sheeeeeesh. :roll:
never under estimate human stupidity. i work in a shop where, until recently, everything instore was the same price: $2. i would have at least one person per shift ask how much something was, never mind the carpet covered with $2 coin design, $2 labels on all the bins and posters hanging from the ceiling, and the uniforms.
big kid at heart