Tangled (aka Rapunzel) Discussion - Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:Thanks for the screen shots :)
Not keen on this on
Is it just me :lol:
I think it's fine... She's supposed to look surprised.. and that's what she looks like.
Mr. Psycho

Post by Mr. Psycho »

sotiris2006 wrote:
Mr. Psycho wrote:So guys, I ripped the video for you from Disney's official home page as good as it was possible for me. Enjoy.
Thank you so much! Is it possible to upload the previous sneak peek too? The one that introduces the "colorful characters"?

http://disney.go.com/movies/index
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0iwrvwfJPU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0iwrvwfJPU?fs ... e_DE&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It seems like they improved the colors. =]
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Mr. Psycho wrote:
sotiris2006 wrote: Thank you so much! Is it possible to upload the previous sneak peek too? The one that introduces the "colorful characters"?

http://disney.go.com/movies/index
It seems like they improved the colors. =]
Thank you very much!!! :) :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

anybody else notice that the shot of the tower from the old teaser was changed to night?
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

ajmrowland wrote:anybody else notice that the shot of the tower from the old teaser was changed to night?
Yes ! A bit of recycling going on here :lol:
Most of those new pieces look like they need a bit more stweaking the final product will be amazing

I love Gothel :D
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

This is kinda random but I just discovered that the woman who voiced Ursula in the Dutch version of TLM will also be voicing Gothel in the Dutch version of Rapunzel! Dutch trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTOqaT6kr3w

So...Yeah. I said it was random. :P

Anyway, LOVE THE PREVIEW!!!

It really makes me want to see the movie even more! I have been following this project since it was still called Rapunzel Unbraided, so I am glad it it finally releasing. I am also very happy Menken is writing the music for this film. I am a huge fan of his music.

I also hope Gothel won't dissapoint me. I have really high hopes for her, since they didn't really show her that much.
spitweet

Post by spitweet »

I like Rapunzel's design a little more each day too, I have come to actually like her dress even though I still hate those hideous stripped puffy and tight peach-pink sleeves... but the hair... THE HAIR...com'on !!!! I so don't like the fact that it makes the same movement as a snake when laying flat on the floor - it SHOULD be all over the place !!!! The one time I liked her hair was during the ''Let down your hair'' bit during the trailer - now THAT looked like real hair.

Sigh.....
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Mr. Psycho wrote:Check it again! They uploaded a new sneak preview with new scenes and (finally) Mother Gothel.
Thank you thank you thank you! So funny!!!!!! Even the parts I've seen many, many times are still funny! Woo-hoo!
Mobje
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mobje »

Now that "trailer" is way better than the previous ones!! :D
Thanks so much for posting!
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

would anyone here hope that tangled has a choral ending? i love disney choral endings.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

akhenaten wrote:would anyone here hope that tangled has a choral ending? i love disney choral endings.

It's Menken. There's a pretty good chance that it's gonna have a choral ending =P
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I just wanna say that perhaps they should have made Gothel more attractive. She is quite ugly for a villain obsessed with her looks. The Queen in Snow White had an icy beauty that made the audience believe her obsession with being the fairest while looking like a ruthless, menacing, and powerful villain at the same time. Wouldn't it make more sense if they had approached Gothel's design more like that?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

sotiris2006 wrote:I just wanna say that perhaps they should have made Gothel more attractive. She is quite ugly for a villain obsessed with her looks. The Queen in Snow White had an icy beauty that made the audience believe her obsession with being the fairest while looking like a ruthless, menacing, and powerful villain at the same time. Wouldn't it make more sense if they had approached Gothel's design more like that?
Is Gothel more into her vanity, or is she trying to keep from dying? From everything I've seen it's more likely she's trying to keep herself young forever as opposed to getting old and dying.
Animalia
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Animalia »

sotiris2006 wrote:I just wanna say that perhaps they should have made Gothel more attractive. She is quite ugly for a villain obsessed with her looks. The Queen in Snow White had an icy beauty that made the audience believe her obsession with being the fairest while looking like a ruthless, menacing, and powerful villain at the same time. Wouldn't it make more sense if they had approached Gothel's design more like that?
Glad I'm not the only one! I completely agree, I'm disappointed in Gothel. She looks really weird, I don't know why though. Maybe its the eyes? :scratch:
Thanks so much for posting it! Is it just me or does Maximus look like he was just hit by lightning? :lol:
singerguy04 wrote: Is Gothel more into her vanity, or is she trying to keep from dying? From everything I've seen it's more likely she's trying to keep herself young forever as opposed to getting old and dying.
In the interview Donna Murphy gave she says that she is hundreds of years old.
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

singerguy04 wrote:
Is Gothel more into her vanity, or is she trying to keep from dying? From everything I've seen it's more likely she's trying to keep herself young forever as opposed to getting old and dying.
Same. I think she's mostly looking into living forever. However, I do believe that she thinks that she's some what attractive, which she is. She's not the prettiest villain, but still pretty. Either that, or she just has a different sense of beauty.

Not really sure if all that is true, but she's still a very interesting villain.
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I found an English Version of the Dutch Trailer.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3rTTU9AQM3Y?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3rTTU9AQM3Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Mr. Psycho

Post by Mr. Psycho »