Tangled (aka Rapunzel) Discussion - Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

Animalia wrote:
DisneyDude2010 wrote:When it's says doesn't touch the ground - do they mean in the theme parks because of course in the movie if her hair is 70 ft even if braided it would be longer (wouldn't it)
what do you think are they on about the film or the theme parks
(grateful for any feedback)[/b]
I believe they also mean the film. It's kind of hard to tell from the trailer but it looks like it doesn't touch the ground
Here are some other pics that prove the hair doesn't touch the ground. :)

It looks like when Rapunzel and Flynn are in the Kingdom, they dance with people (At least Rapunzel) and in that moment she's got her hair already picked up.
Animalia
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Animalia »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Animalia wrote:
:jawdrop: I think you're right. I hope they don't have him wear any when he is at the parks. :roll:
Obviously Rapunzel and Flynn were interrupted in the middle of a smooch session to take the group photo. Guilt is written all over their faces.

:D
Always the glass half full type huh? :P
Candy-Bonita95 wrote: I know Flynn's real name.
It's.....Eugene Fitz Herbert

source:http://celebrityhollywoodgossips.blogsp ... ngled.html
Aww... I wish it was Billy! :x If anyone wants to know why I have this obsession with the name Billy, it's from Two Weeks Notice. :wink: But can't anyone imagine if they used that throughout the entire film. Think about the dramatic scene when Flynn says "You were my new dream" and then Rapunzel would reply "You were mine too... Eugene" Classic in the making! :lol:
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I can't imagine how her hair could actually braid into something that wouldn't touch the ground. I'm sure it'll just happen and we'll have to accept that, but wouldn't you think her hair would be extremely heavy. I doubt she'd be able to hold her head up, lol.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

singerguy04 wrote:I can't imagine how her hair could actually braid into something that wouldn't touch the ground. I'm sure it'll just happen and we'll have to accept that, but wouldn't you think her hair would be extremely heavy. I doubt she'd be able to hold her head up, lol.
yes i totally agree - they have only braided her hair because its easier to animate but the length of it braided ..... COME ON! :lol:
In Tangled we know there are 2 days
day 1 - normal hair
day 2 - braided / cut
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:
singerguy04 wrote:I can't imagine how her hair could actually braid into something that wouldn't touch the ground. I'm sure it'll just happen and we'll have to accept that, but wouldn't you think her hair would be extremely heavy. I doubt she'd be able to hold her head up, lol.
yes i totally agree - they have only braided her hair because its easier to animate but the length of it braided ..... COME ON! :lol:
In Tangled we know there are 2 days
day 1 - normal hair
day 2 - braided / cut
Technically the story is over 3-4 days actually. But her hair is only really braided for about a day.
wowie123

Post by wowie123 »

:roll: It's a story about magical hair and some of you are all worked up wondering how her hair can be braided and not touch the ground? yeesh

and spoilers
when Rapunzel is in the village people keep stepping on her hair so 3 little red headed triplets braid and pin up Rapunzels hair for her
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

wowie123 wrote::roll: It's a story about magical hair and some of you are all worked up wondering how her hair can be braided and not touch the ground? yeesh
I was poking fun at the idea. I mean, yes it is obviously a fairy-tale movie but i'd almost accept the existence of magic over the physicality of her 70 feet of hair being able to braid into a length of about 5' (assuming she isn't 6' or something). Beyond that being light enough or fluid enough to look as natural as it does in the trailers lol. :P
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Candy-Bonita95 wrote:I know Flynn's real name.
It's.....Eugene Fitz Herbert :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? That's thestupidest name I've ever heard. Although, is it Eugene Fitzherbert? Like, Fitzherbert is his last name? Or is Fitz a middle name and Herbert a last name
?
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
megustajake
Gold Classic Collection

Post by megustajake »

Margos wrote:
Candy-Bonita95 wrote:I know Flynn's real name.
It's.....Eugene Fitz Herbert :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? That's thestupidest name I've ever heard. Although, is it Eugene Fitzherbert? Like, Fitzherbert is his last name? Or is Fitz a middle name and Herbert a last name
?
Fitzherbert is his last name. It's supposed to be a "geeky" name, something he is embarrassed of. That is why he calls himself Flynn Rider. I read the junior novelization, it seems Rapunzel is oblivious to how geeky it sounds, as she lovingly refers to him as Eugene.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

megustajake wrote: Fitzherbert is his last name. It's supposed to be a "geeky" name, something he is embarrassed of. That is why he calls himself Flynn Rider. I read the junior novelization, it seems Rapunzel is oblivious to how geeky it sounds, as she lovingly refers to him as Eugene.
Oh, OK! Hey, I just thought of something... When they get married.... her name will be Rapunzel Fitzherbert!!!! rotfl That just sounds so weird!
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

megustajake wrote:
Margos wrote: Really? That's thestupidest name I've ever heard. Although, is it Eugene Fitzherbert? Like, Fitzherbert is his last name? Or is Fitz a middle name and Herbert a last name
?
Fitzherbert is his last name. It's supposed to be a "geeky" name, something he is embarrassed of. That is why he calls himself Flynn Rider. I read the junior novelization, it seems Rapunzel is oblivious to how geeky it sounds, as she lovingly refers to him as Eugene.
Pretty much. XD Although I love how Flynn doesn't really seem to mind that she calls him that. That's love for ya. =P
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

Of coloring books...and dolls...

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

I went to Borders yesterday, and I saw a few "Tangled" books, including the paint-with-water book and the Light Up the Night coloring book; I got the Light Up the Night coloring book, and I can't wait to get the super large coloring book when it's released!

I'd like to share a TON of information about the "Tangled" dolls. Anybody who knows me online knows that I am a Barbie, My Scene, Disney, Moxie Girlz, Moxie Teenz, American Girl, etc. doll enthusiast...to an epic extent. :lol: I'll have to take some really good photos of my Disney dolls, so that I can let everybody see them when they visit my Flickr photo page.

Well, anyway, the following is everything that I know about the "Tangled" dolls...from basic info. to the low-down on which products are better than others...

MATTEL'S "TANGLED" DOLLS

* Sparkling Princess (?) Rapunzel is Mattel's basic Rapunzel doll. She sports ankle-length hair, but she arrives with a hair extension, which is attached to a golden barrette.

* Color N' Style Rapunzel has temperature-sensitive, ankle-length hair, which changes color with warm and cool water. She arrives with color streaks in her hair, and the stencils that arrive with her can be used to create colored shapes on her hair.

* Grow N' Style Rapunzel has ankle-length hair, and she arrives with such accessories as tiny barrettes, etc. The top of her head features a pullable bunch of hair; when said hair is pulled...it magically "grows". I am gonna assume that by turning a knob, or something, the hair can be shortened again.

* Sing N' Glow (?) Rapunzel hasn't reached the local stores yet, but she supposedly sings a song from the movie, and her hair supposedly lights up when a button is pushed. Again, she features ankle-length hair...

* The Braidin' Friends (?) Rapunzel Gift Set (?) features Rapunzel, and she appears to have hair that's just slightly longer than her ankles...but her hair is incorrectly parted down the middle...(She's a braiding fun doll, so I am wondering if Mattel parted her hair down the middle so that little kids would be able to braid both sides of it evenly...). An included forest floorpiece features three little forest animals, who can braid Rapunzel's hair for her; I have absolutely NO idea about what they have to do with the story of "Tangled".

* Flynn Rider features a cocked-eyebrow, toothily-grinning face.

* The Celebration (?) Gift Set features both Flynn and Rapunzel (with ankle-length hair), and they're wearing special outfits, but I can't say anything more, or I'll spoil the movie...

* Baby Rapunzel is a large vinyl Rapunzel doll, but her hairstyle isn't quite accurate, because it features bangs...

* Maximus is Flynn's horse, and if you want Maximus, you may HAVE to buy Mattel's rendition of him, because I don't think that he'll be sold as a vinyl horse at The Disney Store.

NOTE TO THE WISE: A picky doll enthusiast recently informed me of the fact that Mattel's quality control sucks through a large straw, and that Mattel's "Tangled" dolls must be selected with the greatest of caution. Other people have complained about the legs of Mattel's "Tangled" dolls falling off when the dolls are barely out of their boxes...

THE DISNEY STORE'S "TANGLED" DOLLS

* Rapunzel arrives with hair that extends several inches beyond her ankles; her hair features sparkly strands. She arrives with both Pascal and a paintbrush, and her elbows and wrists are articulated! The Disney Store's "Tangled" Rapunzel dolls are supposedly hand-painted, and although each one may differ from the others, each features a fairly good level of quality control. I'm thinking that this basic Disney Store Rapunzel doll may be the Rapunzel doll for me!

* Rapunzel & Her Wardrobe (?) features the same Rapunzel doll that I described above, but she arrives without Pascal and the paintbrush; instead of those two extras, she arrives with two extra dresses and a dress form, and her box liner looks like the painted interior of her tower.

* Singing (?) Rapunzel is about 17-inches tall; I haven't yet seen any non-prototype pictures of her, so I hope that the manufactures changed her hairstyle so that it's not center-parted. If the rest of her is true to the prototype rendition of her, though, she should feature one fully articulated arm, and one posed arm that's only articulated at the elbow. I really, really want to find this doll, too!

* Flynn Rider looks serious, but sort of handsome, and, in my opinion, he doesn't look as goofy as Mattel's Flynn Rider doll.

* Toddler Rapunzel hasn't shown up in non-prototype pictures yet, but her prototype picture makes her look sort of cute.

NOTE TO THE WISE: I've been told that The Disney Store's "Tangled" dolls are super cool, and well worth their purchase prices! Again, you should do whatever feels right for you; I'm repeating what I've been told, and I haven't yet been to The Disney Store for a "Tangled" shopping spree...

NOTE: Also look for Mattel's $100.00 "Tangled" Tower (Which I have seen at Big KMart, and which I am impressed with), several tiny Rapunzel dolls from Mattel (They feature super, super long hair), and two Rapunzel styling heads (One is from Mattel, and the other is available at The Disney Store).

Sadly, there are no other dolls from "Tangled", so I am planning to dress one of my Canadian My Scene Swappin' Styles 2 Nolee dolls as Mother Gothel (I'd better try to draft a pattern, or something...); she features backswept black hair, bluish eyes, and a sly, sparkly red smirk. I wish that The Disney Store would give us some more villain dolls, though...

The Disney Store's Wardrobe doll has shown up on eBay...just search for "Tangled Rapunzel Wardrobe doll", and she'll probably appear...

Thank you in advance for your replies.
:idea:
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

http://disney.go.com/index?intoverride=true
Sneak Peek of Disney.com, too short =(
mawnck
Limited Issue

Post by mawnck »

Mobje wrote:Interview with John Lasseter

"Tangled” is really special. It is, on one hand, classic Disney—yet it’s fresh and contemporary hilarious tremendous action and a lot of heart unique rich, dramatic fresh and humorous never seen before fresh twist so contemporary, so modern unlike anything you’ve ever seen so funny spectacular most talented young directors incredible story sense fresh, contemporary classically Disney really unlike anything we’ve ever done before a really great film a compelling story that keeps people on the edge of your seat fantastic characters unbelievable adventure quite a team one of the most special characters we’ve ever created empowered and she’s talented drives this story huge adventure funny, he’s edgy, he’s clever and, I tell you, he really is hilarious one of the funniest characters we’ve ever animated I get so excited She is hilarious one of the best villains we’ve ever created two characters that really steal the show fantastic He is hilarious great story arc one of the highlights one of the most original characters ever done in animation so appealing, so cute, so funny it’s so special and unlike anything you’ve ever seen really unique and he is a truly memorable character really funny and I think some of the funniest characters in the film are these thugs they turn out to be hilarious Some of the funniest characters we’ve ever created etc. etc. etc.
OK, is it just me, or have Lasseter's promotional pieces turned into a parody of themselves?
singerguy04 wrote:I can't imagine how her hair could actually braid into something that wouldn't touch the ground.
Or be strong enough to tie a guy to a chair. Her hair does a lot of groovy stuff. It's DISNEY hair!
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

mawnck wrote:OK, is it just me, or have Lasseter's promotional pieces turned into a parody of themselves?
Erm, yeah. They seem to rely so much on the use of words like "excited", "exciting", "classic" and "special", followed by liberal blursts of "great characters" (though no explanation to why they're great), "great story" (again, though not denying it, how is it great?) and other such praise that sounds like it came out of the corporate word bank. In his defence, I think that he's probably being forced to write overly positive things by some high powered executives, resulting in somewhat stupid sounding monologues. If you read any of his Princess and the Frog things, he seemed to just say "I am so happy that we're going to introduce the first African American princess in this movie! It has great characters! It's so funny! It's so great!", or something like that. I can't see how the director of Toy Story and A Bug's Life, or any producer or director of any great animated film, could sound so banal without being made to.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Wonderlicious wrote:
mawnck wrote:OK, is it just me, or have Lasseter's promotional pieces turned into a parody of themselves?
Erm, yeah. They seem to rely so much on the use of words like "excited", "exciting", "classic" and "special", followed by liberal blursts of "great characters" (though no explanation to why they're great), "great story" (again, though not denying it, how is it great?) and other such praise that sounds like it came out of the corporate word bank.
Years ago I was watching Toy Story with the commentary on. My dad sat through part of it, and as he walked out of the room he said, "If that guy says the word 'excited' just one more time I think I'm gonna puke."
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

RodryCroft wrote:http://disney.go.com/index?intoverride=true
YUCK :cry: Hate it this - And i thought we where over this when the new trailers came out - I hate it that disney are hiding Mother Gothel and using the Stabbington Brothers as the main villians :x Oh and I can't believe the word Rapunzel hasn't been said in the trailers wtf :cry:
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
janesjubilee
Gold Classic Collection

Post by janesjubilee »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:
YUCK :cry: Hate it this - And i thought we where over this when the new trailers came out - I hate it that disney are hiding Mother Gothel and using the Stabbington Brothers as the main villians :x Oh and I can't believe the word Rapunzel hasn't been said in the trailers wtf :cry:
I think that's the point of hiding them as the villains, they're mostly hiding Gothel more than the Brothers. I think they want the audience to be surprised when they watch the movie to see that Mother Gothel is the true villain.

That's just what I think though.
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:
Think about this: Maybe it's better don't know anything about Mother Gothel and after, in the cinema, have a great surprise with her.
Since I read the DisneyNoticiasMexico blogger's day review, I prefer not see anything of her (They said Gothel is the best villian Since Frollo!!)
wowie123

Post by wowie123 »

what sneak peek? all i see is the same trailer that was released a few weeks ago. am i missing something?